Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Yours, Faithfully” as Want to Read:
Yours, Faithfully
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Yours, Faithfully

by
3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  798 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
A wonderfully gripping, dramatic, touching and warm novel for the women's fiction market from the expert hand of a bestselling author who just gets better and better

Iona's not pregnant. It's a blow, but she knows that when husband Frank gets home he'll reassure her that their dream of a family together will come true. Sally, on the other hand, has just discovered that she'
...more
Paperback
Published April 19th 2007 by Headline Review (first published 2006)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Yours, Faithfully, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours, Faithfully

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 1,483)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Nikki
Jun 16, 2015 Nikki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Je leest het verhaal vanuit de perspectieven van de twee vrouwen Iona en Sally met heel af en toe een klein hoofdstukje vanuit het perspectief van Frank. Ik kwam maar moeilijk door het verhaal. Eigenlijk vond ik het verschrikkelijk om te lezen, maar toch legde ik het niet weg. Ik moest en zou weten wat Frank als uitleg zou hebben waarom hij twee vrouwen heeft. Toen ik eindelijk bij het stuk aankwam waarin de 'uitleg' zou komen werd ik zwaar teleurgesteld. Moesten we het met dit 'antwoord' doen? ...more
Ilse
Jun 12, 2014 Ilse rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ik las de achterflap van het boek en was meteen verkocht.

2 vrouwen getrouwd met 1 man, dat kan niet goed gaan.

en dat gaat dan ook niet goed, het plot zit al in de eerste 50 blz en nadien kabbelt het boek maar door en door. tot bijna aan het einde plots iets belangrijks gebeurd of nee eigenlijk ook weer niet, want dat zat er al een heel boek lang aan te komen.

het boek kabbelt net snel genoeg om ervoor te zorgen dat je het boek toch wil uitlezen, maar afgaande op de korte inhoud had ik veel meer v
...more
Hannie
Nov 08, 2015 Hannie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het boek gaat over Iona en Sally, die er achter komen dat ze getrouwd zijn met dezelfde man, Frank. Het boek leest vlot en is interessant. Op een gegeven moment had ik echt moeite met weg leggen en heb ik zelfs overdag stukjes gelezen. Wat ik normaal bijna nooit doe. Ondanks het serieuze onderwerp is het boek niet somber van toon. Het einde is wel een feel good einde, maar uiteindelijk past het wel bij het boek. Wat ik ook leuk vind is dat dit boek qua thema en uitwerking verder gaat dan de mees ...more
Nadia
Jul 02, 2008 Nadia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning of 'Yours, Faithfully' we meet Iona Brannon. She has been happily married to her husband Frank, who she wed in the Carribean, for the last five years. They are desperately trying for a baby to make their family complete - although unfortunately Iona has just discovered that she is not pregnant this month. Iona and Frank have a very strong idyllic marriage even though his business takes him away such a lot.

In the next chapter we meet Sally who has been happily married to her husb
...more
Rosie Review
Aug 20, 2012 Rosie Review rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-read
Taken from my blog www.rosiereview.wordpress.com

Sheila has written a great story which has verisimilitude whilst still keeping the reader interested. Not what you would normally expect, but the characters keep the story going. There isn’t much romance in this book, seeing that Frank spends the majority of it in a coma! But the way that it has been written, being from each character’s point of view ensures that Frank has as much depth and interest as the other characters. I was left questioning a
...more
Angela
Jul 11, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its strange to think how life can throw so many twists and turns and how people can react to those events. This book shows this clearly in through the events of Iona's and Sally's life and how it wasn't what they had originally thought there life was. The book didn't have the best start but by chapter three I was hooked right up until the end.
Frances
Aug 28, 2014 Frances rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good holiday read featuring one man and his two wives. The story of a bigamist living in Dublin is a bit implausible at times, but the three main female characters are likeable.
Yusra Hussain
This was the book that I kept pushing away so that I could read other books that were on the top of my list. But when I finally got my hands on this one, I, quite surprisingly, got hooked to it.
A nice read, this one.
Hsiau Wei
Jan 16, 2012 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Sarah
Jun 24, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book 95% of the time. The ending puzzled me, how after such an experience for the 2 main women, they could actually end on a "happy ever after" note, I found that a bit unrealistic. I really enjoyed reading it, it was just the ending I found a bit dubious. Worth the read though.
Rehab Saad
I loved this book. It is so interesting and touching. I highly recommend reading it.
Kate
Sep 30, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not a likeable character in sight!
Michelle Ohara
Nov 05, 2015 Michelle Ohara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent READ
Teena in Toronto
Interesting concept, eh?

It's the first book I've read by Irish author Sheila O'Flanagan and I enjoyed it.

It's 599 pages and we get to meet Iona and Sally (Frank's wives), Jenna (Sally and Frank's daughter) and Siobhán (the cop investigating the situation).

I enjoyed the writing style and I liked the characters.

Does Frank come of out the coma? If he does, who does he choose? You'll just have to read it to find out!
Maryzj
Jun 10, 2014 Maryzj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
This was a great feel-good story about three women (I particularly liked the story form the garda's perspective) making their way through very difficult circumstances. I'm not totally convinced Sally and Iona would have become such good friends, but then I don't read Sheila O'Flanagan books for gritty reality, I read them for the fabulous characters that draw you in, and the happy endings.
Anne
Jun 19, 2009 Anne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone loving stories that seem to be clear and definite - but which aren't anyway!
This book is simply gorgeous! I don't know what to say as the books belonging to my favourites become more and more - this one has become one of it, definitely!
Even if you think life is nothing else but crap, it can be worse - somehow. But there's a positive piece in everything!

I love this book, I love the author and I am absolutely going to read more of her stories!
Zarine Glenn
Jan 19, 2013 Zarine Glenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book back in 2007, I was on holiday, and it rained for 4 days straight, so I was given this book to read. And oh my goodness, I couldn't put it down, I was gripped from the very beginning, it's an easy read and it has a strong plot! Sheila is a brilliant author, I've read quite a of her books. :)
Michelle G
Jul 22, 2009 Michelle G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t want to say too much about the book as it'll give the story away very easily.

It is a story of how 3 peoples lives inter twine and how a major event can change everything for ever.

The over theme is that no relationship is perfect how woman can be woman on there own not defined by their partners


Raymond
Aug 27, 2013 Raymond rated it really liked it
Being married to or living with one female creates enough issues, yet Frank elects to be married to two women at the same time and manage separate lives unbeknown to the other spouse. An entertaining read Unfolding and entwining the lives of the characters. Sad but uplifting ending
Amanda
Thanks to Sheila I have regained my passion to read paperbacks. I thought I had totally lost it completely after reading so many ebooks on the kindle. The story was easy to get into from the very start and I found the story enjoyable to read.
Julie
Dec 06, 2007 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this author's books a lot. They are great for some light reading. This one was different from the usual "chic lits" though, involving as it did bigamy. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed watching the characters develope.Couldn't put it down!
Alison
Feb 17, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Very easy to read and couldn't put it down. I wish it had had a different ending though. It would have been better if Frank had woken up and survived I think. I felt a bit cheated that he died.
Debb
Jan 05, 2015 Debb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the first book I have read by Sheila O'Flanagan. loved it looking forward to reading some more. I liked her style of writing, and the story line kepted me hooked. very happy nice summer read.
Rob & Liz
Sep 22, 2007 Rob & Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics, human realtionships
First book was so much fun, all based in Ireland. Just had to get another one of her books. This one has a great plot.
I will leave with Sarah to read the two books.
Quite lovely
Rob
Shahrun
Nov 04, 2011 Shahrun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I figured out Frank's secret very quickly but had no idea where the story would take me. I had to keep reading to find out! I liked the way the charachters dealt with their lot.
Ratna
Jun 25, 2008 Ratna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i tend to sleep when i tried to read it..
plenty of character to remember plus those dozing days..
hmm.. will keep trying to finish it up..!
Trina Hollis
Jul 08, 2013 Trina Hollis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is a story of how 3 peoples lives inter twine and how a major event can change everything for ever. A really enjoyable read.
Julie Pearce
Aug 18, 2012 Julie Pearce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd time of reading this book and had me with my head stuck in it for the past week ... Brilliant as always for Sheila O'flanagan
Marcia
Jan 14, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
originally read on 10 November, 2007 - n o option on Goodreads to add as a re-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Glazuur
  • Marrying for Money
  • The Stepmothers' Support Group
  • Faith
  • Ex-Girlfriends United (Ed & Dan, #2)
  • Geknipt voor jou
  • Mum on the Run
  • Just Between Us
  • Seven Secrets of Happiness
  • Promises, Promises
  • Drie vrienden, een huis (en een klusjesman)
  • Stupid Cupid
  • Tall, Dark and Handsome
  • The Wedding Day
  • Single en Sexy
  • Operation Sunshine
  • Life A La Mode
370550
As you can see, a Dubliner all my life. My parents owned a grocery shop in the Iveagh Markets, in the Liberties area of the city and I guess city blood runs through my veins.

As a child I enjoyed reading and telling stories and everyone thought that I end up in a job which had something to do with books and literature. But though I applied for a job in the library all of the job offers I got were i
...more
More about Sheila O'Flanagan...

Share This Book



“was thinking hard about something. He loved her intelligence. He told her that she was wasted in teaching, that she should be out there doing something for herself.” 0 likes
More quotes…