Yours, Faithfully

Yours, Faithfully

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  484 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Two different women. Two perfect husbands. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time means Iona and Sally's lives are about to collide with an almighty bang, and shockingly, they've got a lot more in common than they realised.
Published (first published 2006)

Hella
Iona and Sally are two very different women. Iona is young, lively, a businesswoman that adores her job. She is deeply in love with the man that get married with two years before and she would love to give him a baby. Sally is a mature woman, Deputy Headteacher of a Girl School, a long marriage and a teenager daughter that is going to get her mad. But the opposite attract themselves and in this case it's because a landslip slide on a pub in the middle of motorway...
I think that the theme of wome...more
Ilse
ik las de achterflap van het boek en was meteen verkocht.

2 vrouwen getrouwd met 1 man, dat kan niet goed gaan.

en dat gaat dan ook niet goed, het plot zit al in de eerste 50 blz en nadien kabbelt het boek maar door en door. tot bijna aan het einde plots iets belangrijks gebeurd of nee eigenlijk ook weer niet, want dat zat er al een heel boek lang aan te komen.

het boek kabbelt net snel genoeg om ervoor te zorgen dat je het boek toch wil uitlezen, maar afgaande op de korte inhoud had ik veel meer v...more
Nadia
At the beginning of 'Yours, Faithfully' we meet Iona Brannon. She has been happily married to her husband Frank, who she wed in the Carribean, for the last five years. They are desperately trying for a baby to make their family complete - although unfortunately Iona has just discovered that she is not pregnant this month. Iona and Frank have a very strong idyllic marriage even though his business takes him away such a lot.

In the next chapter we meet Sally who has been happily married to her husb...more
Rosie Review
Taken from my blog www.rosiereview.wordpress.com

Sheila has written a great story which has verisimilitude whilst still keeping the reader interested. Not what you would normally expect, but the characters keep the story going. There isn’t much romance in this book, seeing that Frank spends the majority of it in a coma! But the way that it has been written, being from each character’s point of view ensures that Frank has as much depth and interest as the other characters. I was left questioning a...more
Hsiau Wei
I find it pathetic the story plot of this blog. A husband who has two families has been successfully hiding from them the dual families that he have for four years.

And to have both wife in the hospital looking for the same husband is real tragic to me. How could a man do that to their loved ones? And to have the reason of insecurity as the reason behind his bigamist act??

As I continue reading this book, all I have in the end is the anger that I have for Frank and to have him died in the end of t...more
Teena in Toronto
Interesting concept, eh?

It's the first book I've read by Irish author Sheila O'Flanagan and I enjoyed it.

It's 599 pages and we get to meet Iona and Sally (Frank's wives), Jenna (Sally and Frank's daughter) and Siobhán (the cop investigating the situation).

I enjoyed the writing style and I liked the characters.

Does Frank come of out the coma? If he does, who does he choose? You'll just have to read it to find out!
Maryzj
This was a great feel-good story about three women (I particularly liked the story form the garda's perspective) making their way through very difficult circumstances. I'm not totally convinced Sally and Iona would have become such good friends, but then I don't read Sheila O'Flanagan books for gritty reality, I read them for the fabulous characters that draw you in, and the happy endings.
Anne
Jun 19, 2009 Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone loving stories that seem to be clear and definite - but which aren't anyway!
This book is simply gorgeous! I don't know what to say as the books belonging to my favourites become more and more - this one has become one of it, definitely!
Even if you think life is nothing else but crap, it can be worse - somehow. But there's a positive piece in everything!

I love this book, I love the author and I am absolutely going to read more of her stories!
Zarine Glenn
I read this book back in 2007, I was on holiday, and it rained for 4 days straight, so I was given this book to read. And oh my goodness, I couldn't put it down, I was gripped from the very beginning, it's an easy read and it has a strong plot! Sheila is a brilliant author, I've read quite a of her books. :)
Michelle G
I don’t want to say too much about the book as it'll give the story away very easily.

It is a story of how 3 peoples lives inter twine and how a major event can change everything for ever.

The over theme is that no relationship is perfect how woman can be woman on there own not defined by their partners

Raymond
Being married to or living with one female creates enough issues, yet Frank elects to be married to two women at the same time and manage separate lives unbeknown to the other spouse. An entertaining read Unfolding and entwining the lives of the characters. Sad but uplifting ending
Amanda
Thanks to Sheila I have regained my passion to read paperbacks. I thought I had totally lost it completely after reading so many ebooks on the kindle. The story was easy to get into from the very start and I found the story enjoyable to read.
Julie
I enjoy this author's books a lot. They are great for some light reading. This one was different from the usual "chic lits" though, involving as it did bigamy. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed watching the characters develope.Couldn't put it down!
Alison
Loved this book. Very easy to read and couldn't put it down. I wish it had had a different ending though. It would have been better if Frank had woken up and survived I think. I felt a bit cheated that he died.
Rob & Liz
Sep 22, 2007 Rob & Liz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics, human realtionships
First book was so much fun, all based in Ireland. Just had to get another one of her books. This one has a great plot.
I will leave with Sarah to read the two books.
Quite lovely
Rob
Shahrun
I figured out Frank's secret very quickly but had no idea where the story would take me. I had to keep reading to find out! I liked the way the charachters dealt with their lot.
Ratna
Jun 25, 2008 Ratna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i tend to sleep when i tried to read it..
plenty of character to remember plus those dozing days..
hmm.. will keep trying to finish it up..!
Trina Hollis
This is a story of how 3 peoples lives inter twine and how a major event can change everything for ever. A really enjoyable read.
Julie Pearce
2nd time of reading this book and had me with my head stuck in it for the past week ... Brilliant as always for Sheila O'flanagan
Marcia
originally read on 10 November, 2007 - n o option on Goodreads to add as a re-read
Ellen
Loved the story.if we only see what we want to so it's easy for someone to deceive !
Siobhan
Hated the big build up to the end and then Wham! it never happened. Pretty good story.
Zara Pemberton
Very good book, could not put down. Would have read quicker if wasn't unwell.
Jenny
quite good read actually, sometimes unable to put down!
Kelly Simpson
Throughly enjoed this book from start to finish.
Carol
Intriguing story and absolutely loved it!
Hlogan
Okay Irish chick lit. Easy read, okay story.
Caroline Mcaleese
So quick to get into, a good read!
Armi
funny and yet touching story
  • Marrying for Money
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Never Too Late
  • Olivia's Luck
  • Making Your Mind Up
  • It's a Kind of Magic
  • Ex-Girlfriends United (Ed & Dan, #2)
  • On the Couch
  • Faith
  • Operation Sunshine
As you can see, a Dubliner all my life. My parents owned a grocery shop in the Iveagh Markets, in the Liberties area of the city and I guess city blood runs through my veins.

As a child I enjoyed reading and telling stories and everyone thought that I end up in a job which had something to do with books and literature. But though I applied for a job in the library all of the job offers I got were i...more
More about Sheila O'Flanagan...
Bad Behaviour Isobel's Wedding Too Good to Be True The Perfect Man My Favourite Goodbye