Start by marking “Broken Wings (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Broken Wings (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #4)

Broken Wings (Lost Boys and Love Letters #4)

Patrick Hawkins thought he had good reasons to leave his lover Brad Wilde and return to Ontario—but as soon as his plane touches down he starts to rethink his entire plan. Patrick's unhappy, his friends are desperate, and Brad? Not even a new job and new friends can make Brad think this split is a good idea.

At first, the two of them think that a long-distance relationship
Published April 18th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Wings

Nichole (Dirrty H)
Apr 20, 2011 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2011
I am sorry to report - this book was dreadful. It barely deserves two stars, but I'm being generous given my anticipation of this book and my (very recent) enjoyment of Ashlyn Kane's other books.

Rarely have I been so disappointed. I was really looking forward to this book, having enjoyed the previous three books in the series as well as the two other books that Ashlyn Kane released in the last few months, and given how much I liked these characters in Wild Angels. I counted down to release day,
Olivia
May 28, 2016 Olivia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
I think...that I'm done with this series, if there is another after this one. Once again I was disappointed in the story, horribly bored, it was a struggle to finish. Again we had a stalker situation that was not flushed out properly, instead pushed to the sidelines/back burner. I still like Patrick's character and his relationship with Brad...but it was hard to be invested when the story was just so boring.
Tracy
Aug 06, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Cute read. I love the close groups of friends who are willing to do anything for each other (even including that rare breed, women who are neither catty nor evil!). A few times it seemed like resolution of issues was a bit too pat, but this is also 4th in a series of interconnected books, so it's possible that there's stuff I missed. I may have to glom the rest of the series & find out.
Tam
Nov 03, 2011 Tam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is book 4 in the Lost Boys and Love Letters series. When the last book ended Patrick freaked out and left his lover Brad in Alberta without saying good-bye. This kind of goes back before the epilogue and Patrick is very depressed and his friends are concerned so they drag out of him that he left Brad. They make him pull his head out of his ass and he apologises and he and Brad decide to try long distance. There really wasn't much point to this story for me. It was just two guys working out ...more
Barb Manning
Broken Wings is the latest installment in the Lost Boys and Love Letters series by Bethany Brown and Ashlyn Kane. Patrick Hawkins and Brad Wilde met in Wild Angels. Patrick was visiting Alberta, while recovering from a gunshot wound. When Patrick suddenly returns home to Ontario without an explanation to Brad, it’s a decision he almost immediately regrets. His feelings for Brad are much stronger than he wants to admit, even to himself. After arriving home, Patrick spends much of his time moping ...more
Nerine Petros
May 09, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Broken Wings continues the fabulous joint writing talents of Ashlyn Kane and Bethany Brown. These two write beautifully together, weaving novels of deep thought with real attention to detail. They make me feel part of the story and completely connected to the characters. All of the usual suspects are back in this heart-warming tale, set across the continent and telling Patrick's tale.

Patrick is a detective, and an arse. Instead of a goodbye kiss and a promise to try for a future, he sparks an ar
Phoenix
Jun 15, 2013 Phoenix rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I liked books 1 & 3 in this series but not 2 & 4. This one just seemed to wander aimlessly. I don't have any experience with either writer but I suspect one primarily wrote each book, but they came up with the outline for the series together. So now we have Patrick and Brad breaking up and getting back together and trying the long distance thing. Brad finds out that his grandmother and Patricks were besties and that when he was 8 he saw Patrick at Patricks grandmothers f ...more
FloJ
Apr 19, 2011 FloJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-fiction
Hmm, a lower star rating than I usually give these two.

I enjoyed it, but so much of the story had been implied in Wild Angels that it was not quite so riveting to read. I felt they hadn't had to work too hard to write it. I would have liked to have known more about the relationship between the grandmothers.

I am sure this is the first time they have succumbed to the really irritating 'of'. i.e "He took his coat off of him." and "He **** inside of him" The 'of' is completely redundant in these sen
Linneth
Aug 28, 2016 Linneth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars to Patrick and Brad because they were the only thing I like, the rest was a bunch of stuff with little sense and God stop with the nickname thing it's annoying. And the thing with the stalkers like for real? can you make it a little more credible. Also I still didn't find a reason for the girl in the third book
Tj
Nov 26, 2014 Tj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patrick is back home and realizes that he screwed up in leaving Brad. He sets about to "court" him. He sends some cute and thoughtful gifts. He works to win back Brad's trust.
Angelmira
Jun 04, 2011 Angelmira rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I honestly love this book. Patrick is my favourite character in this series and Brad is absolutely adorable. Together their unbelievably sweet. Sometimes too sweet. My teeth almost hurt. *lol*

Dogs are fantastic. And Patrick's Christmas surprise for Julian was soooo touching. They really are perfect family together. Each of them a little crazy... ok... a lot crazy, but family.

And I really do want to read Keith's book. He deserves to have someone special in his life. And it would be nice if Graha
Sadonna
Jul 18, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm
Sharon
Apr 12, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance, m-m
I didn't read any of the others, so this was my first one I read. And I was unimpressed. It had a ton of weird characters and everyone had slept with everyone in the past but they are all best friends, just odd. Plus there wasn't and good solid conflict to keep the story going. So I don't plan on reading any more in this series!
Blackravens Reviews
It’s interesting to see how they work out the mechanics of a love relationship from two different cities. The involvement of characters from previous books in the series is a nice touch, like hearing from old friends. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
coffee
Oct 07, 2013 coffee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all four books in the series, and I loved all the characters, but I did get fed up of the constant use of nicknames (some were good, but mostly, they just felt slightly forced and annoying)... However, I wish there were many more books in this series as they were super-enjoyable to read!!!
Sherry
Jun 01, 2012 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My only complaint, if it can even be called that, is the so-called villain. It reads like an after thought - "oh, I need to write in a bad guy!" Otherwise, the rest has been said.

I did enjoy the story and revisiting the characters from the first two books. 3.25 stars
Maria
Jun 07, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! I had to re-read Wild Angels to refresh my memory of Patrick and Brad's beginnings. I have been waiting for a continuation of their story and I must say, the authors did not disappoint. Hopefully, this is not the last of what this series.
OkayKim
May 26, 2012 OkayKim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendables
I really enjoyed the first three of this series, but this fourth book should have been about someone else. Too much about Brad & Patrick, it just became too boring. Still won't give up if another comes out, just hope it's with another couple.
Gill
Apr 19, 2011 Gill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patrick was always my favourite in this series so it was nice to get such a good story for him. I felt towards the end that it started to drag a little, but only a tiny bit and I enjoyed every moment until the finish.
Idamus
Nov 10, 2012 Idamus rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Reread, I liked it better the first time
Kiki
Apr 19, 2011 Kiki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Shelley
Aug 16, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, romance
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Leeanne
Leeanne rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Senobe
Senobe marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
P.
P. marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Aug 14, 2016
Mara
Mara rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
  • The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)
  • Taste (Horizons, #2)
  • Secondhand Heart
  • Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)
  • Second Wind
  • One More Time
  • Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3)
  • Overdrive
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • His Brother's Keeper
  • Saying I Do (Quinn Security, #3)
  • Rinse and Repeat (Repeater, #1)
  • When Memory Fails (Falling #2)
  • Hi, Honey
  • Something Shattered
  • According To Hoyle
Between hiding from the snow in the winter and the grass in the summer, Bethany Brown ends up spending a rather absurd amount of time with her trusty laptop Desmond. Yes, she has named her laptop. She's also named her car Blue, but that's neither here nor there. While she hopes to one day be able to support herself by writing full time, she keeps herself fed with various customer service jobs, the ...more
More about Bethany Brown...

Lost Boys and Love Letters (4 books)
  • True North (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #1)
  • Picture Perfect (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #2)
  • Wild Angels (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #3)