Start by marking “The Wedding Shawl” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Shawl

The Wedding Shawl (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #5)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  706 ratings  ·  77 reviews
"Summertime's salty breezes and the sun's golden threads bring inspiration to the Seaside Knitters of Sea Harbor, Massachusetts. But when an old mystery washes ashore, they must cast their needles aside and bring some heat back into a cold case...
"
Izzy Chambers is head over heels. She's about to marry the love of her life, but much remains to be done before their big day
Published May 1st 2011 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Shawl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Shawl

Debbie
"The Wedding Shawl" was a cozy mystery in every sense. I felt emotionally warm and comfortable just reading this story due to how nice everyone was. Actually, I'd call the novel a general fiction with a whodunit mystery because the story was more realistic to how things happen in real life than most mystery novels. I also liked that the police weren't idiots or "the enemy."

While the suspense was low, there was a thread of sadness for what the unsolved murder was doing to the people involved. The
LORI CASWELL
A Seaside Knitters Mystery
5th in the series

Izzy is getting married and all her friends are getting together to knit her a beautiful wedding shawl. Everyone contributing their knitting talents to one wonderful project. What a treasured gift!!!

Oh yes, there is mystery too, as the hair stylist for the wedding participants disappears and later is found dead. This lands the Seaside Knitters in the middle of another murder investigation. But these ladies can handle it, they will finish the shawl and s
Nancy Narma
“A Tight Knit of Love, Marriage and Mystery”

Once again, I have had the pleasure to “Travel” to Sea Harbor and join Nell, Birdie, Cass Izzy and friends, as the long-awaited wedding of Izzy and Sam draws near. Taking a break from the preparations, the group joins the Knitting Book Club for a special event at Art Brandley’s Bookstore. His talented author/knitter/Son (also Cass’s boyfriend); Danny is speaking about the process of writing a mystery. In doing so, he dredges up a “Cold Case File”—that
Lynda
This was one of the best in the series. Nell and her friends are knitting a shawl for Izzy's wedding and investigating the murder of a young hair stylist whose death is somehow related to a mysterious but tragic drowning fifteen years ago. Although sad, there was no angst as there had been in the previous novel. I completely missed the clues pointing to the murderer although I had questions as to why a minor character kept popping up.
Julie Barrett
The Wedding Shawl by Sally Goldenbaugh
Knitting a nice lace shawl, the knitters are going to make this for the bride. Problem is one is found dead. The knitters group take it upon themselves to solve this one.
They find clues and question many others til they find out the truth. Problem is another murder has occurred, the wedding coordinator. Also the new gardner seems to be familiar to the older women.
The knitters also belong to the book club and they are given a cold case in their town and run w
Lisa Wilson
I loved the conflict experienced by one of the main characters - the wondering about whether her relationships would work out and whether the mystery could be adequately resolved.

What I didn't like is I find the author giving away the murderer right at the beginning of the book. I wonder if I re-read her earlier books if it would be so obvious. Sigh!

Other than that, I'm enjoying the characters and those lovely descriptions of food and knitting. Still a fun read, although the mystery is a little
Audrey
This was another wonderful installment in the Seaside Knitters Mystery series. I love my time spent with the lovely ladies, Cass, Birdie, Nell and of course Izzy, who in this book is getting married.

There are lots of things going on as the ladies plan the perfect wedding for Izzy, including the knitting of a gorgeous wedding shawl and in the midst of this, a murder takes place and an unexplained death that took place years ago is tied to this recent murder.

The Seaside Knitters are determined tha
Fred
This is the fith book in the Seaside Knitters series. Izzy Chambers left her legal career in Boston and moved to Sea Harbor, MA and opened a knitting yarn supply store in this quaint little village. Izzy had spent summers here with her aunt and uncle. Izzy's wedding is quickly approaching and the SeaSide Knitter are starting to put the final touches on a special wedding shawl that she will wear one her wedding day. Izzy Aunt Nell and long time friend, Birdie, are scheduled to talk with the hair ...more
Ariel
Series: 5th in Seaside Knitters Mysteries
Main Character: Nell Endicott
Setting: Modern day, Sea Harbor, Massachusetts
Obtained Through: publisher for an honest review

Let me introduce you to the knitters:
Nell: the motherly spirit of the group.
Birdie: the spirited elder who is hard to keep up with.
Cass: the lobster-woman with a gentle heart - truly a rough diamond.
Izzy: Nell's niece and bride-to-be who owns the knit shop.

The gang is busy with wedding preparations for Izzy (including knitting a delic
Kaye

Residing in Sea Harbor, MA, the four friends Cass, Birdie, Izzie and her Aunt Nell are preparing for Izzie's upcoming wedding. They meet regularly at Izzie's yarn shop to work on her wedding shawl and just enjoy each other's company. One night they meet at the book store to hear a local author talk about plot development. He tells them he gets a lot of ideas for mysteries from cold cases like the one that happened in town fifteen years ago. A young high school senior was found dead in the quarry
Paula
The Wedding Shawl was a fun, quick read full of murder and knitting. Perfect for a day reading in the sunshine! I won this copy in a giveaway from Dollycas and since I'm a knitter, I was tickled to win!

Set in a seaside town on the eastern seaboard, this is not the first in the Seaside Knitters series but read well as a stand-alone book. I didn't feel like I was missing anything by popping in in the middle of the series.

In this murder mystery, Izzy, who is the owner of the local yarn shop, is g
Ruth
I love visiting quaint, beachside towns and have enjoyed being back in Sea Harbor, MA. It is a lovely town with close friends who tend to meet every Friday night on the Endicotts' deck. Although, I know that it is most likely relaxing and fun to have your friends show up, I just don't understand why Nell doesn't get sick and tired of cooking dinner for all these people every Friday! (I do love reading the descriptions of what the characters are eating whether it is at Nell's house or in one of t ...more
M
Recently I read The Wedding Shawl by Sally Goldenbaum. I'm not sure what made me pick it out off the shelf at the library, but something compelled me too. Its been slowly getting colder here and the bright colors probably made me think of the spring and the warmer days to come. None the less, I did and got to reading.

Chick lit mysteries have never really been my thing. I've always been easily scared by things and so mystery novels have never really been my thing. However The Wedding Shawl was th
Marlyn
In the fifth of the Seaside Knitters series the women are preparing for Izzy and Sam's wedding, to be held in Nell and Ben's garden, which is being given a face lift for the occasion. Meanwhile, Nell and her friends are knitting a shawl for Izzy to wear on her wedding day.

The planning is marred by the death of Tiffany Ciccolo, the stylist who was to do the hair and makeup for the women in the wedding party. Coincidentally, Tiffany's best friend in high school, Harmony Farrow, had been killed on
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
As there is a pending wedding in our lives presently, I found this mystery especially compelling and yet, soothing to my Mother of the Bride nerves.

Izzy Chambers, owner of the knitting store is getting married to Sam Perry, a photojournalist. Izzy's Aunt Nell is trying to oversee the entire celebration. The knitting group, Seaside knitters, comprised of Izzy, Nell, Cass, a lobster fisherman, and Birdie, a life long friend of Nell's also share a love of books and so it was natural to sponsor the
Terri
Every so often, I need a nice, soft, fluffy book (with characters who love to knit) to wrap myself around after having just finished a very serious, heart- heavy book. That's what I enjoy about Sally Goldenbaum's "Seaside Knitters Mysteries". They don't keep you awake at night; they're more like a nice cup of hot chocolate that help you find sweet slumber. "The Wedding Shawl" was especially sweet, with a much awaited wedding waiting to take place in the background of a mysterious death.
Ria F
You know it. "Quiet peaceful" seaside town one cold case murder (15 years old - so apparently this murder every few months for my amusement is not a new phenomenon) and one new murder - related? Both victims were inseparable best friends through high school. One guy went out with both, and the relationships end right before the deaths, a jealous co-worker, possible college guy? And you know the knitters have to get this solved before they can send Izzy down the aisle to get married. Fun, quick, ...more
Ann
I enjoyed this book, this is the second book in the seaside knitters book series that I have read. They are a relaxing read, certainly not demanding and thankfully not gory! They are set in a seaside town on Cape Ann, Massachusetts, USA, a few years ago I visited this area and had a really lovely holiday so reading these stories takes me back. I like the references to knitting and cooking, you are not going to be too shocked!
Carmen
Set against the background of a wedding, this story is about a group of women who knit, take care of each other, and solve mysteries. It is a cosy mystery, but not boring or slow. The ladies are trying to figure out who killed Tiffany and why. Is it tied to the death 15 years ago of Tiffany's high school friend, Harmony? Why was she killed? The village really comes to life in this story.
Debbie Maskus
I have reached the end of the published novels in this series. This has been a lovely journey up to the wedding of Izzy and Sam. Goldenbaum writes a gentle mystery series set in coastal Massachusetts. This story involves a 15-year-old cold case involving the drowning of a young girl right before high school graduation. The dead girl's mother returns to Sea Harbor to sort through her feelings and her life. Then, the best friend of the drowned girl is murdered. Cass, Birdie, Nell, and Izzy must ra ...more
Jill
#5 in the Seaside Knitters Mystery Series. Izzy owns a yarn shop and, along with her Aunt Nell, Birdie, and Cass they manage to get involve in solving mysteries. They also manage to do a lot of knitting and cooking. When I read the books, I always wish they would be my friends too. I enjoy the series.

RPL
Megann Zeigler
Could not put this book down. I usually am not a big mystery fan but this one totally held my interest. Great characters and great interaction. The fact that it was about a yarn shop owner caught my interest too. Love these books and will be reading more of Sally Goldenbaum as I find them.
Caroline
Sally Goldenbaum is another author who writes characters at all points on the spectrum - old to young and businesswomen to fisherwomen. This mix of friends makes the books like visiting your family and I've enjoyed each book in the Seaside Knitters series. I think the interplay of characters and mix of careers is what makes this such a joy to read (and the food sounds pretty good except I'm allergic to shellfish so can't imagine eating all that!). In this book, a fifteen year-old cold case is ti ...more
Chriser123 Dittman
I like these books because they have the same characters and are comforting to come back to. They also give a wonderful feeling about life near the sea. A recipe and knitting pattern are also included,,,, but haven't tried them.
Nancy
This was my introduction to the Seaside Series - I saw the shawl at a craft fair and wanted the pattern :) I'm currently making the shawl... a year after reading the book and getting 'hooked' on the series.
Mary
Another great mystery book by Sally Goldenbaum! Number five on her shelf. This time around Izzy and Sam are getting married and of course all the same characters are there to help her with the wedding. Except for the dead body that shows up a few weeks before the big day. Leaving the Seaside Knitters to solve the mystery before the wedding.

I never saw this one coming as usual with Sally's books, it is always someone you see but don't even think about until the Seaside Knitters have the answer. W
Skyler
I love Sea Harbor, the fictional setting of this series. I read it more for the town that for the plots or characters.
Anne
Would be very good but it's about the death of a child
Nancy Hollmaier
It is amazing how the wedding shawl was completed prior to Izzy's wedding day with all of the extra activities involving the murder mystery! The surprises at the end of the book are delightful and remind me that I really should learn to knit. Very creative and personalized day to remember. I am ready to read the next book in the series.
Joyce
I loved this story, loved the descriptions. I enjoyed this even more than the previous ones in the series, and it makes me want to go back and re-read them, to appreciate them more.
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Cast On, Kill Off (A Knitting Mystery, #10)
  • Wishes and Stitches (Cypress Hollow Yarn)
  • Behind the Seams (Crochet Mystery, #6)
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • Copycat Killing (A Magical Cats Mystery, #3)
  • Dyeing Wishes (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #2)
191267
Sally Goldenbaum is a philosophy teacher, knitter, editor, and the author of more than two-dozen novels.

Series:
* A Seaside Knitters Mystery
* A Queen Bees Quilt Mystery
More about Sally Goldenbaum...

A Seaside Knitters Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1)
  • Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2)
  • Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters, #3)
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)
  • Angora Alibi (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #7)
  • Murder in Merino (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #8)
  • A Finely Knit Murder: A Seaside Knitters Mystery (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #9)
  • Trimmed With Murder: A Seaside Knitters Mystery (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #10)
  • Murder at Lambswool Farm (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #11)
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2) Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters, #3) A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4) A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)