Start by marking “A Duke's Desire” as Want to Read:
A Duke's Desire

A Duke's Desire

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Desire can bend even the most sterling character to its will.

Anna Carrington is no longer a child, but a marriageable young woman who has loved the Duke of Fairmount for years. She has kept her love for him well hidden, sure that even if, by some miracle, he did return her feelings, his dedication to propriety would never allow him to marry his ward.

Jared St. James is know
Published (first published March 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Duke's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Duke's Desire

Dahlia (yadkny)
Mar 22, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotic Historical Romance Lovers
Jared isn’t sure how Anna will take the news that he has decided it is time for her to be married – he’s not even sure about it himself. Having spent time with her since she was a young girl newly brought under the wing of his guardianship, he hasn’t completely missed the changes both emotionally and physically that she now displays. Now is the most opportune time for her to seek companionship, but having never left his countryside home, therefore never being presented to society properly, could ...more
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
When I started this book I wasn’t sure what to expect as I love historical romances but this one was so short – how could they possibly tell the story in so short a time? As you can see from the blurb the h/h have known each other for years as the woman is the Duke’s ward. He has been lusting after her since she came of age and has fallen in love with her to boot and she has been in love with him for years.

The Duke finally decides that Anna needs to be his wife and since the subject is burning i
Habrewer
Jul 02, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Duke’s Desire by Liz Cole
* I received a copy of this book from Breathless Press in exchange for an honest review*

Anna loves the freedom she has at the country estate; she doesn’t have to worry if she doesn’t do something that isn’t prim and proper. She has been in love with her guardian forever and dreads the day he tells her it’s time for her to get married.

Jared St James spends most of his time in London fulfilling his obligations as Duke of Fairmount. He has always had a soft spot for his w
The Pen & Muse
Apr 07, 2011 The Pen & Muse rated it it was amazing
Cole provides us with a sweet historical romance chalk full of erotic romance as well. Cole starts us off with an introduction to the stars of this short story, Anna and Jared. Anna is Jared’s ward and he has always had an affection for him. Anna has always liked him as well but both saw the relationship to be inappropriate. Jared’s response? Marry Anna off, but will she like the person that he has chosen for her. Absolutely not! Although Jared is a stickler for the rules which was important bac ...more
Got Romance!  Reviews
Heat Level: Erotic
Other: Oral
Reviewer: S. K. Fero
Date: 3-14-11

Anna Carrington struggles with coming of a marriageable age and knowing she will be expected to marry a man of her guardian’s choice. She already has a man who owns her heart.

Jared St. James struggles with finding the right man to marry his ward. Anna h
Dolce Amore
Written For Confessions From Romaholics

This is a very short historical romance. Jared St. James became Anna’s guardian seven years ago. However, during this time, he comes to love her and now he can’t stand the idea of her married to someone else. So he wants to talk to her about marrying him. Still, he starts that conversation with the worst line:

“I wished to discuss this with you because I have a man in mind for you, and I hope you will find him a … favorable choice.” Anna inhaled sharply. Thi
Breathless Press
Katie, BookingIt--"Anna and Jared have a sweet story that is different than many historical romances. Yes, there is the air of having an inappropriate relationship in high society (a rather common historical romantic theme), but the initial love story is simply endearing. Then, POW! Anna and Jared explode into one of the hottest historical scenes I have read.

If you are looking for a sweet yet catch-your-house-on-fire hot historical romance, A Duke’s Desire is perfect! Definitely pick up this sho
Maria Chouinard
Feb 27, 2016 Maria Chouinard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the book but it was to short.
Victoria Vane
This short novella (I think it's about 15K words) had so much potential to be more but there just wasn't enough page time to do the character's and story justice, so it became rather a sex fest.
The intimacy was far too rushed and far too advanced for my preference and the language the hero used was very coarse and vulgar which seemed so out of character from where he began but many readers of erotica seem to enjoy this.
Carrie
May 02, 2011 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The passion was intense and very hot! I'm not a big reader of historical romances, so I'm unfamiliar with the genre. Some of the language used seemed a bit too modern, but again, that may be common in this genre. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a quick read and very entertaining.
Lisa
Sep 02, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
My only complaint was that it was too short. WARNING--Chance of spontaneous combustion... My favorite type---hot, hot sex HEA ending
Danielle Lisle
Dec 13, 2011 Danielle Lisle rated it really liked it
I really liked this short. It was full of passion and desire and i at no time questioned the actions of the leds. A true plesure to read.
Rachael
Oct 21, 2011 Rachael rated it really liked it
This was a fast read. Very Hot! Great story!
Debbie
Debbie added it
Apr 18, 2016
Kaylin
Kaylin marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Nathalie Michaud
Nathalie Michaud marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Nina Caldwell
Nina Caldwell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Debi Chilson
Debi Chilson rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Tracy Benard
Tracy Benard rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Love
Love added it
Jun 25, 2015
Souha
Souha marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Micky
Micky added it
Feb 15, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2015
Lydia Tolbert
Lydia Tolbert marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Stuti
Stuti marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Liz Cole was born and raised in a small town in upstate New York. Her love of romance—the steamier the better—began in her early teens, but it wasn’t until she left her job as a secretary to dedicate herself to being a stay-at-home mom to her to young children that her writing career began. It started with a story rolling around in her head which refused to be ignored. Desperate to turn her mind t ...more
More about Liz Cole...