Start by marking “Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education” as Want to Read:
Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education

Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  588 ratings  ·  56 reviews
On the heels of his 2010 New York Times bestseller Conspiracy of the Rich, Robert Kiyosaki takes a new and hard-hitting look at the factors that impact people from all walks of life as they struggle to cope with change and challenges that impact their financial world.

In Unfair Advantage &mdash The Power of Financial Education Robert underscores his messages and challen
Published April 12th 2011 by Plata Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unfair Advantage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unfair Advantage

David Donhoff
This is, frankly, such a well written book for the "average Joe" of average knowledge, who no longer wants to be "average"... that it appears to escape the grasp of too many looking for something that its not (at least according to the other reviews I see here.)

Kiyosaki neither "talk down to" nor "sells/pitches to" his readers here... the book appears to sincerely be an "opening of the kimono" attempt at candid disclosure of the methods & viewpoints he has used to accomplish his feats to dat
Luccas
Very good book! I have read some of Roberts previous books and this is just one the best works that he has done. Really showing not only Americans but the rest of the world that financial education is essential to live a happy and prosperous life. I am Brazilian and his ideas fully apply in my country as well as any other country. We all need to educate ourselves better. Because lets face it economic crises will always happen no matter where you are or what you do it will affect you. How it affe ...more
Tony Rogers jr
Another decent addition to the rich dad series of books. This one covers the distinctions or what the author calls "unfair advantages" of the rich.

Unfair Advantage #1 - Knowledge
Unfair Advantage #2 - Taxes
Unfair Advantage #3 - Compensation
Unfair Advantage #4 - Debt
Unfair Advantage #5 - Risk
Unfair Advantage #6 - Reputation (this is technically NOT one of his 5 but he does briefly mention it as being an unfair advantage that helped him along his path)

While each of these advantages are important
Michael
I really enjoy reading Kiyosaki. He's a great motivator and a money making genius. The fact that he loves to share his wealth of knowledge is more powerful than his love of sharing his financial wealth. His books do get a little repetitious but I find that through repetition I remember things better. Especially when this knowledge is put to work, AND has proven that it DOES work...
3mmar
Jean
Maybe not the best written book, and maybe a little bit too angry for some to swallow, but it is definitively a life changing book for me at least. This book clearly shows what a disadvantage ignorance about money and the status quo "job" will get you. It shows you how clearly taxes favor the rich who can use capital to generate even more capital, and even better, use debt to generate more capital, all while paying less taxes.
It was definitely an eye-opener for me, and helped propel me to chang
Mohammed H
By far one of the best Audiobooks I have listened to in 2013. My obsession with audiobooks came from an article I read from a dear Friend Ahmad Moshrif, Who I believe is a really talented writer. He has inspired me to read listen to Audiobooks and write. Today I am thankful to him for opening a whole new world of knowledge to me. If you would like to follow him this is his blog:

The below Audiobook is an advantage you will gain by reading or listening. I suggest you get your k
Melissa Bishop
I do not think Kiyosaki talks down to anyone as some have accused him. I do think most people lack financial education, he realizes this and is trying to breakthrough the rhetoric and fog that has clouded most people's thoughts on finances which contributes to them being in their present financial state which is not good. In order to breakthrough the mental barriers put up by decades of bad financial teaching and advice, things need to be repeated and broken down into an understandable vocabular ...more
Corey
After Rich Dad Poor Dad I was excited to read everything else Robert Kiyosaki had to say. But this book disappointed me. Although The processes that he lays out are good and worked for him. In my mind they lacked the common sense factor.

Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent read. But, I disagree with the methods he sugguested.
Tanakorn
In the past, when I still young about personal financial subject, I can't catch up with Kiyosaki's book very well so that make me not impress with his book very much. But, as my financial literacy go up to higher level, I can understand him quite better with this book and can got some useful information from him a lot. If I have to summarized the main idea of this book that is it doesn't matter what financial literacy level that you are now, anyway, you still have to have a good, really good, fi ...more
Waseem
Sometimes I find Roberts book a tad bit repetitive, and slightly re-hashed versions of his other work, but one thing that will remain true is this mans ability to call it very accurately and say how it is - and based on that just alone and his emphasis on the need of good financial education makes it worth while for anyone to be constantly reminded of his warnings aswell as solutions of the problems we all face today

So I would recommend it nevertheless, and you do sometimes pick a new story from
Carl
This book really has opened my eyes. Robert does a really good job explaining what is wrong with our financial system and what can be done to survive and do well despite how things are run. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Ryan_hg
Kinda repeat from what he is trying to say in all his previous book. Its a good read if you are a first timer for Robert's book, but if you are those who have finished a series of his book, its getting boring
Steff Schultz
Always interesting insights from RK, his books are enjoyable in that they point out a different point of view for people who have not ventured to think that far - me being one of those people.
Sharon Tan
A very to-the-point, extremely digestible book that intends to educate the average investor, though mostly about the US investment climate. Written in a little bit of an angsty way, but I guess that was supposed to jolt people into revelation and action.
Vaishali Joglekar
Kiyosaki is highly repetitive in this book, and he admits he is not a good writer. Still, very lucid and necessary financial advice in this era of fiat currency.
J.B. Riebel
The thoughts and ideas of this author made me rethink my views on money, investing and personal growth.
Mano Chil
Be a capitalist, not a socialist.

Work on increasing your assets and decreasing your liabilities.
Maxim
Excellent, professional handbook to understand the investment for beginners. It is the essence of Rich Dad, Poor Dad books and Summary: The CashFlow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter.
It provides real life examples and explains the consequences of financial crisis in 2008.
John
3.5 stars here

tempted to put this in an 'important to take a look at' category

though much of it is his personal perspective, there is plenty that is quite sound as well
Seth
Kiyosaki divides people up into 4 quadrants: Employees, Self Employeed/Small Business Owners, Big Business, and Investor. A good primer on the philosophical and practical differences between the mindsets that define each category of person. Lots of good conceptual stuff about investing and how government interferes in economics and how smart people can work within the system to their advantage. Kiyosaki's standard themes are here: financial education, and developing assets that create passive in ...more
Melanie
Although I agree with some of the ideas in the book, such as americans need more financial education and we need to take responsibility for our financial decisions, I did not like the way it was presented. The information was simplified to the point that it seemed that he was talking down to the reader and it seemed he was calling the readers stupid or losers. The same black and white misleading rants were repeated over and over. It seemed he was only trying to sell his other books and programs. ...more
Abdulrahman
Has some good messages and advice but the book is poorly written and has a set of advice that are mentioned more and more in different ways.
I didn't read his other book (poor dad rich dad) but I feel (from him mentioning parts of it all the time in this book) that it contains almost the same message.
The book can be summarised in one sentence: You need to invest in financial education namely the rules and regulations of taxes and investing to able to exploit the system.
Giuseppe Palladino
Sono ripetuti molti concetti dei libri passati, senza tuttavia entrare nel merito della nuova crisi, solo accennata. Lo scenario cambia e l'unico consiglio è e rimane diventare imprenditori, ok, ma rimanere nel buio ad aspettar di iscriversi ad uno dei suoi programmi di coaching non dovrebbe essere l'unica alternativa. 3 stelle perché lui è kiyosaky e ha capito un bel po' di cose, comunque è il numero uno, ma questo non è certo uno dei suoi libri migliori.
Sally Khoo
*read at your own risk*
It is a different 'height' of view where not every individual have enough strength and guts to be there
You just need to go through and experience the though part of life in order to understand and appreciate the hardwork, really really hardwork before enjoy the fruits of success.

Warn the young people do not jump leap ahead and thought you could just 'be like him'
In life, sometime, you just dont have 2nd chance.
Mike
This was a great book. Others may say its just a rehash of all of his other books, but he can't write the book assuming that all the readers have already read all of his previous books. Out of all of his books, if your only going to read 1 of them, this is the best. Besides even if some of the information is repeated, that's good! Because information this good needs to be repetitive in order for it to penetrate your subconscious mind.
David Garza
Very good book. Almost all of the concepts are spot on and very doable for the average American. I had a hard part in the Debt chapter, as I still believe that it is possible to operate your finances on a large scale without a lot of debt. Kiyosaki's concept of using other people's money to earn an infinite return on investment is fascinating, though he didn't explain how to avoid or address when things go wrong.
Luke
If you haven't read any Kiyosaki and want to check one out, this one will be more updated than Rich Dad Poor Dad, but it's mostly a rehash of Kiyosaki's usual points:

- Educate yourself financially
- Take full advantage of tax breaks
- Start a business and hire some people if you want to make the most money
- Real estate is Kiyosaki's preferred way to get ahead
Cody Eastgaard
Another good book from Robert. Very similar to all his others, although updated. A good read not great.
Trilok Reddy
Ought to read, if you want to know the reality of money and how its loitered around. Basics which everyone needs to know for a healthier financial success.
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • The Big Book of Small Stuff: 100 of the Best Inspirations from Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Being a Happy Teenager
  • Tax-Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes
  • Holy Bible: CEV - Contemporary English Version (CEV)
  • Choose the Life You Want: The Way to Lasting Happiness Moment by Moment
  • The Seasons of Life
  • Grammar Girl's 101 Words to Sound Smart
  • The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Succes
  • Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors
  • The Time Trap
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...
Rich Dad, Poor Dad Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever! The Business School For People Who Like Helping People

“The ability to raise capital is the most important skill of an entrepreneur. The inability to raise capital keeps most small businesses small.” 0 likes