Start by marking “Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education” as Want to Read:
Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education

Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  45 reviews
On the heels of his 2010 New York Times bestseller Conspiracy of the Rich, Robert Kiyosaki takes a new and hard-hitting look at the factors that impact people from all walks of life as they struggle to cope with change and challenges that impact their financial world.

In Unfair Advantage &mdash The Power of Financial Education Robert underscores his messages and challen...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Plata Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unfair Advantage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unfair Advantage

David Donhoff
This is, frankly, such a well written book for the "average Joe" of average knowledge, who no longer wants to be "average"... that it appears to escape the grasp of too many looking for something that its not (at least according to the other reviews I see here.)

Kiyosaki neither "talk down to" nor "sells/pitches to" his readers here... the book appears to sincerely be an "opening of the kimono" attempt at candid disclosure of the methods & viewpoints he has used to accomplish his feats to dat...more
Luccas
Very good book! I have read some of Roberts previous books and this is just one the best works that he has done. Really showing not only Americans but the rest of the world that financial education is essential to live a happy and prosperous life. I am Brazilian and his ideas fully apply in my country as well as any other country. We all need to educate ourselves better. Because lets face it economic crises will always happen no matter where you are or what you do it will affect you. How it affe...more
Michael
I really enjoy reading Kiyosaki. He's a great motivator and a money making genius. The fact that he loves to share his wealth of knowledge is more powerful than his love of sharing his financial wealth. His books do get a little repetitious but I find that through repetition I remember things better. Especially when this knowledge is put to work, AND has proven that it DOES work...
3mmar
Jean
Maybe not the best written book, and maybe a little bit too angry for some to swallow, but it is definitively a life changing book for me at least. This book clearly shows what a disadvantage ignorance about money and the status quo "job" will get you. It shows you how clearly taxes favor the rich who can use capital to generate even more capital, and even better, use debt to generate more capital, all while paying less taxes.
It was definitely an eye-opener for me, and helped propel me to chang...more
Mohammed H
By far one of the best Audiobooks I have listened to in 2013. My obsession with audiobooks came from an article I read from a dear Friend Ahmad Moshrif, Who I believe is a really talented writer. He has inspired me to read listen to Audiobooks and write. Today I am thankful to him for opening a whole new world of knowledge to me. If you would like to follow him this is his blog:

The below Audiobook is an advantage you will gain by reading or listening. I suggest you get your k...more
Melissa Bishop
I do not think Kiyosaki talks down to anyone as some have accused him. I do think most people lack financial education, he realizes this and is trying to breakthrough the rhetoric and fog that has clouded most people's thoughts on finances which contributes to them being in their present financial state which is not good. In order to breakthrough the mental barriers put up by decades of bad financial teaching and advice, things need to be repeated and broken down into an understandable vocabular...more
Corey
After Rich Dad Poor Dad I was excited to read everything else Robert Kiyosaki had to say. But this book disappointed me. Although The processes that he lays out are good and worked for him. In my mind they lacked the common sense factor.

Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent read. But, I disagree with the methods he sugguested.
Tanakorn
In the past, when I still young about personal financial subject, I can't catch up with Kiyosaki's book very well so that make me not impress with his book very much. But, as my financial literacy go up to higher level, I can understand him quite better with this book and can got some useful information from him a lot. If I have to summarized the main idea of this book that is it doesn't matter what financial literacy level that you are now, anyway, you still have to have a good, really good, fi...more
Waseem
Sometimes I find Roberts book a tad bit repetitive, and slightly re-hashed versions of his other work, but one thing that will remain true is this mans ability to call it very accurately and say how it is - and based on that just alone and his emphasis on the need of good financial education makes it worth while for anyone to be constantly reminded of his warnings aswell as solutions of the problems we all face today

So I would recommend it nevertheless, and you do sometimes pick a new story from...more
Ryan_hg
Kinda repeat from what he is trying to say in all his previous book. Its a good read if you are a first timer for Robert's book, but if you are those who have finished a series of his book, its getting boring
Vaishali
Kiyosaki is highly repetitive in this book, and he admits he is not a good writer. Still, very lucid and necessary financial advice in this era of fiat currency.
Mano Chil
Be a capitalist, not a socialist.

Work on increasing your assets and decreasing your liabilities.
John
3.5 stars here

tempted to put this in an 'important to take a look at' category

though much of it is his personal perspective, there is plenty that is quite sound as well
Seth
Kiyosaki divides people up into 4 quadrants: Employees, Self Employeed/Small Business Owners, Big Business, and Investor. A good primer on the philosophical and practical differences between the mindsets that define each category of person. Lots of good conceptual stuff about investing and how government interferes in economics and how smart people can work within the system to their advantage. Kiyosaki's standard themes are here: financial education, and developing assets that create passive in...more
Melanie
Although I agree with some of the ideas in the book, such as americans need more financial education and we need to take responsibility for our financial decisions, I did not like the way it was presented. The information was simplified to the point that it seemed that he was talking down to the reader and it seemed he was calling the readers stupid or losers. The same black and white misleading rants were repeated over and over. It seemed he was only trying to sell his other books and programs....more
Abdulrahman
Has some good messages and advice but the book is poorly written and has a set of advice that are mentioned more and more in different ways.
I didn't read his other book (poor dad rich dad) but I feel (from him mentioning parts of it all the time in this book) that it contains almost the same message.
The book can be summarised in one sentence: You need to invest in financial education namely the rules and regulations of taxes and investing to able to exploit the system.
Sally Khoo
*read at your own risk*
It is a different 'height' of view where not every individual have enough strength and guts to be there
You just need to go through and experience the though part of life in order to understand and appreciate the hardwork, really really hardwork before enjoy the fruits of success.

Warn the young people do not jump leap ahead and thought you could just 'be like him'
In life, sometime, you just dont have 2nd chance.
Mike
This was a great book. Others may say its just a rehash of all of his other books, but he can't write the book assuming that all the readers have already read all of his previous books. Out of all of his books, if your only going to read 1 of them, this is the best. Besides even if some of the information is repeated, that's good! Because information this good needs to be repetitive in order for it to penetrate your subconscious mind.
David Garza
Very good book. Almost all of the concepts are spot on and very doable for the average American. I had a hard part in the Debt chapter, as I still believe that it is possible to operate your finances on a large scale without a lot of debt. Kiyosaki's concept of using other people's money to earn an infinite return on investment is fascinating, though he didn't explain how to avoid or address when things go wrong.
Luke
If you haven't read any Kiyosaki and want to check one out, this one will be more updated than Rich Dad Poor Dad, but it's mostly a rehash of Kiyosaki's usual points:

- Educate yourself financially
- Take full advantage of tax breaks
- Start a business and hire some people if you want to make the most money
- Real estate is Kiyosaki's preferred way to get ahead
Brandon Carlson
Pretty good, sounded a whole heck of a lot like a sales pitch for the Rich Dad services, which I should have expected, as well as a broken record, repeating the same things over and over. I think by removing the duplication the book would have been half the size. All in all though, I'll still give it 4 stars.
Andrew Brady
Not the best book by Kiyosaki, but it based on good ideas. Kids and Adults need to question why we are taught how and what we are taught. This book applies this to finance, but the concept can be taken to most subjects through the university level.
Kevin
Basic underlining concept of the book is: get financially educated.

He doesnt repeated himself as much as he does in his other books though he still repeats some topics multiple times, which is bit annoying but not as annoying in this book.
Jude
Although repetitive, it's very informative and user-friendly, giving interesting and unconventional views on the current economic situation, and helpful suggestions on how to thrive in any environment.
David
This was a wake up call to me politically. Again he is a genius. He understands how the world runs. You can't knock him by saying he's not successful. Read it and pass it on. Silver spoons!
Astrid Paramita
If you've read previous Kiyosaki's book, this felt like a retelling of the others with a slightly updated content. Recommended only if you're into this kind of things, otherwise not.
Tihomir
It was the best of mr. Kiyosaki's books! I was pretty inspired about all the topics because they are up-to-date with current economic situation in the world.
Shawn
Feb 23, 2012 Shawn added it
I am right in the middle of this book and boy oh boy is it eye opening! Want to hear some real hard facts about money and investing? Read this book!
Martin Goldberg
A little heavy on the conpiratorial theme, but, again, really insightful financial education tips. Grateful that authors such as Robert Kiyosaki exist.
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The Seasons of Life
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Grammar Girl's 101 Words to Sound Smart
  • Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them: Lessons From The New Science Of Behavioral Economics
  • Learn to Earn: A Beginner's Guide to the Basics of Investing and Business
  • Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice
  • The 3rd Alternative: Solving Life's Most Difficult Problems
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals
  • Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...
Rich Dad, Poor Dad Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever! The Business School For People Who Like Helping People