Start by marking “Die for Me (Revenants, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die for Me (Revenants, #1)

Die for Me (Revenants #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  37,524 ratings  ·  3,699 reviews
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charmin
Published May 10th 2011 by HarperCollins (first published May 5th 2011)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
Books That You Will Never Forget
282nd out of 1,153 books — 570 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling
Books I Stayed Up All Night Reading!
267th out of 612 books — 749 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
So I was thinking that I need to get me some hot, immortal teen-boy action because that is not at all creepy and weird.

The first step was to kill either one or both of my parents because I feel, statistically, that to be a YA protagonist, I would have a much better chance of meeting a hot, immortal teen-boy that way.

parents
It was surprisingly easy to do...

I also needed a legitimate reason to look sad all the time so that when he first saw me, I could look a little like this:

Me in coffee shot
Took me FOREVER to figure
The Holy Terror
I don't really have strong feelings about this book, but I'm leaning more towards "disliked." With that in mind though, there weren't any characters I hated, I thought the general premise for the story was clever and different, and I didn't find that Plum overused clichés or metaphors too often. Ultimately where this novel turned sour for me was the romance. I won't discount the fact that people, both young and old, can fall irrevocably in love in a short period of time. The ability to write a l ...more
Wendy Darling
Oh, beautiful cover--you've lured me in once again! Die for Me is somewhere between 2 and 2.5 stars for me.

What I liked about the book:

* The paranormal set-up is a fairly original/unusual one. Vincent and his friends are revenants, undead guardians who help to save humans from potential danger. Their enemies are numas, who are undead evil-doers who try their best to lure humans to their deaths through various different methods.

* I rather enjoyed the novelty of having a YA book set in Paris, wh
Nic
Edit: This is how I imagine Vincent http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

LOVE this book! Die For Me was one of my most anticipated reads of 2011, after hearing good things from a friend (~waves to Olivia~) who read it early in the publishing stage. So as you can imagine I had high expectations and I can happily say they were exceeded.

Plum's writing I couldn't get enough of it. Her prose is beautiful and magnetic. While the concept was truly unique and intriguing. The pace was perfect allowing
"That's All" Ash
 photo tumblr_inline_mhvst6WGe41qz4rgp.gif

It’s started out SO good!!

The book and I had SUCH an amazing connection, you know?

And I was REALLY loving it; and I was getting ready to introduce it to the family; and then…

*BOOM!*

I got stood up at around the 40% percent line.

-:- Seriously! I might as well have been wearing a prom dress. -:-

photo tumblr_inline_mi9g0rUGrd1qz4rgp_zpsc7c2e892.gif

____________________________________________

After the 40% mark: this book’s storyline deteriorated like… well, like deterioration. :)

photo failme_zps299e90f9.gif

You know how… with some books, you reach the halfway mark, and you’re
Vinaya
Blythe
So, apparently zombies are sexy now?

Okay, so the young-adult genre sexualized vampires, werewolves, and other monsters that should be ripping your throat out, but seriously? Zombies? That seems to be going a bit too far.

Now, I’ll just say this because it’s the only thing positive I have to say about this book: Die for Me’s concept is extremely original. Unfortunately, it’s executed horribly. And the sad part is, this could have actually been really good, if it hadn’t taken every single cliché i
~Tina~
After the death of their parents, Kate and Georgia move to Paris to be with there grandparents. It's been really hard on Kate and she can't seem to move past her parents absence but Georgia convinces her to get out there, meet people and live, it's what their parents would have wanted.
Sitting in a cafe, Kate looks up to see a very gorgeous guy sitting at a table, staring at her. For a moment it seems like Kate knew him, but she also sense something different and mysterious about him, something e
Cait
At first, I just picked up this book thinking, "meh, it's not going to be awesome" and just use it as one of those books that I read to tide me over until the really exciting ones come out.

But, man, was I proved wrong. Brava, Amy Plum, brava.

This book was everything I thought it wouldn't be. It had love, and not the kind that makes me want to strangle the characters like many other YA novels (gasp!), action, and left me breathless at points to where I have gone back and re read my favorite parts
Nina
We don't need to see the Edward/Bella romance over and over and over again. Seriously. We've already seen it. It was called Twilight. They even made a movie about it. We don't need to see Bella with fallen angels and we don't need to see Bella with zombies. Especially when the zombie is a carbon copy of Edward.

Does Vincent have godlike good looks? Check. An aura of danger? Check. Is he a virgin immortal? Check. Has he lived without love for decades? Check. Does he fall in love with our heroine
Janina
Die For Me certainly belonged to my list of most anticipated books of 2011. And although it didn’t disappoint completely, I have to say that it didn’t really wow me either. I’m thinking that the paranormal genre isn’t for me anymore. Maybe I’ve become too nitpicky, or the books have become a bit too melodramatic for my taste, but I have decided to just stick to contemporary and other fantasy for a while now …

I definitely wouldn’t say that this book is right up there with others in its genre in
Cj
This book is the epitome of how Twilight changed reading forever, but no one can seem to do it quite like Stephenie Meyer. Okay, we all know the main characters are "inexplicably" attracted to one another or have a "connection". She has some mysterious interactions with the dude, in which he comes off as "creepy" but she's still "not afraid" and "attracted" to him. The mysterious dark bad boy has a secret he does not want her to figure out. She figures it out. By google no less. She's the outsid ...more
Giselle
I only had to glimpse at the beautiful cover to know I had to read this book. I didn't care what it was about. I mean, look at it! I can say that I was not disappointed by what was inside either. It's fun and romantic, with a gorgeous setting.

The setting. It took my breath away. Set in beautiful Paris, France, we not only get a tour of the city, but we learn and experience the culture as well. It was stunning. I have never been, but I could picture myself in the streets alongside these character
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
Jul 31, 2011 Aly (Fantasy4eva) rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No Comment
Oh my, this week really has not been a great one for me reading - wise. I was ecstatic to read Die For Me. Sure there was a lot of hype surrounding it, but most importantly I had read many gushing reviews which lead me to believe it would be satisfying at least.

I suppose I can start of with admitting that it is a "little" different regarding the setting of the book which instantly creates a very enticing and vivid picture of a place that I have been eagerly wanting to go for a long time.

Sisters
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Dec 01, 2011 JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone; Fans of Twilight
Recommended to JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) by: Lindsey, DBChallenge July
They say you can never judge a book by its cover however this book is beautiful inside out. I became sucked into Die for Me within the first chapter. It was quite unusual for me as it usually takes close to 100 pages to become glued. What I enjoyed most about this book was not knowing what to expect or being able to predict what would happen next. Simply, it was refreshing.

It was fun to read about Paris. I have always dreamed of "the city of lights" being oh so romantic. I have seen Paris in mo
Alexa

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

The setting of Die for Me was something I really loved about the novel. Reading a paranormal that is not set in a typical location like the United States or the United Kingdom is extremely refreshing. Although Paris is a familiar city, it's not a place most people have the chance to actually experience. I'm glad the author gave us a view of Paris that wasn't focused on cliché attractions and instead gave us a new glimpse of life in Pari
Cory
EDIT: Apparently, this isn't about zombies. It's actually supposed to be a good book. Once again, this review is based on the blurb. I'd appreciate it if book blurb writers stopped catering to the Twilight Crowd. Thanks.

Just when I thought it couldn't happen -- IT DID. Zombies. Good Zombies that look like chiseled Greek gods that can make out with girls. Why Harper Teen? WHY?
Marie Lu
Paris comes vibrantly alive in Die For Me, a book that had me picturing Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy) as Vincent, the object of Kate's affections. What? A girl can dream, right? Really enjoyed their romance, loved Kate's relationship with her sister, and looooved the details about Paris. An engrossing romance!
sunset shimmer
For me, this book was just...meh, really. A little between 2.5 to 3 stars.

I liked the supernatural aspect, since it was pretty original. And the setting, Paris, was beautiful. But the problem is, that's really all I liked about it.

Because to me, besides the supernatural aspect and setting, this is such a typical YA book that doesn't really stand out from others. Kate was a very Mary Sue heroine, and Vincent was a typical, godly-looking hero, although I give Amy Plum bonus points for not making h
Sandy
Amy Plum's Die for Me is an enchanting debut novel with a rich setting, fresh mythology, and charming supporting cast. I was swept away by the story and read into the night because like Kate, I just HAD to know what Vincent is.

Die for Me's revenant is my new favorite paranormal. Plum's mythology is so creative and refreshing after the countless vampire, werewolf, fairy, demon, yadda, yadda stories I've read. Her explanation for what a revenant is and how a person becomes one feels so...noble. Th
Circus Princess
I am absolutely at loss for how to explain just how much I adore this book.

It all started when I went to the library to pick up Shift. My sister decided to take her sweet old impossibly long time picking something out, so I was left to wander the aisles and stare at book spines. I could've just started reading Shift, but I love torturing myself with suspense.
I made my way down the shelf, laughing at covers and dorky melodramatic blurbs, until I finally found one that was actually a little bit
Colleen Houck
Zombie romance? The very idea of this book intrigued me. Amy was one of the authors joining me on the YA Scavenger Hunt and I hurried out to pick up her book shortly after that. I loved getting a tour of Paris and sitting at a cafe reading with the main character. The idea of the revenants and their enemies the numa was great! Love the cover too.
Aria (The Whimsical Reader)
If you are looking for a great YA book that is not about angels, demons, vampires and faeries then this book is for you.

This book was about a girl who fell in love with a Revenant.

What are Revenants you say?

The Revenants were people who take the place of someone who was about to die. They die in the place of someone else. They were like guardian angels but not really. They become Revenants because they died saving someone else in their past life. Not everyone who does that could become like th
Sophie
Actual Rating: 1.5 stars

This review is going to be long, because I have so much to say about this book. So. Very. Much.

I read this for a straight two hours and was almost done before I went running, and I just came back and finished the last five pages. So while I was away in the nice mountain air, I had a time to meditate and get over how irritated this book made me. But when I came back, this line greeted me:

I didn't know what to say. My eyes filled with tears.

Welcome back, irritation! I t
Krystle
Ah, another book where I’ve been suckered in by the gorgeous cover. Don’t get me wrong, I love books with pretty covers but when it comes to actual content, I’m always looking for something deeper.

The premise of this book sounds fantastic, and for the most part, the different take on these paranormal “creatures” that these people are is unique. I put creatures in quotations because it’s really just a fancy way of saying zombies without the whole icky stuff. It’s not a vampire, werewolf, or all t
Kristi
I love paranormal. I've seen it getting a bad rep lately, but I can't get enough of it, it's my kind of drug. And Die for Me was just what the doctor ordered!

Revenants... say what? Only a super cool... dead but not dead kinda person. Never heard of it before, and thought the concept totally rocked. Although after I read the book and did a little research, I like Plum's take on the folklore much more!

The thing that really stood out to me was the story itself... despite that paranormal boy meets g
Stacey O'Neale
The first thing I wanted to address was the comparison between this book and Twilight. I don't see it. I think we need to stop comparing all PNR books against Twilight. It's lazy reviewing if I'm being honest.

I thought this book was very unique. Amy Plum took the idea of zombies and created her own twist on the mythology. I adored the revenants concept, and to me, this book was a much needed breath of fresh air. YA Paranormal had gotten a little stale for me lately.

You can read the rest of my
Dija
Die for Me is another YA with a gorgeous cover that doesn't quite make up for the actual story. The book isn't really horrible, but it's not great either. It's sort of just suspended in Fantasy Realm, neither here nor there. I don't think I've ever felt this detached while reading a book. I didn't feel anything while reading DfM, except for a few seconds where I felt disgust. That's it. I would have felt more emotional reading a textbook.

Plum had a great storyline with the Revenants, zombies who
Zoë
Die for Me by Amy Plum is the story of Kate, a sixteen-year-old American girl who moves to Paris with her older sister to live with their grandparents, following the death of their parents. Kate is a recluse, still dealing with the grief she feels and spending most of her time reading or visiting museums, when she first meets Vincent, a handsome and mysterious man. As she gets to know Vincent she learns he is not who he appears to be at all, but a Revenant, an immortal being who sacrifices thems ...more
♥Rachel♥
I loved this book!

Kate is an American teenage girl who has just lost her parents in a tragic car accident. Her older sister, Georgia, makes the decision for both of them to move to Paris with their grandparents very shortly after. Both deal with the grief of losing their parents in different ways, Georgia partying every night & Kate staying in doors. After spending the summer in the country though, Kate finally seems to come out of her haze of grief & ventures out to cafes & museums
Small Town Nerdy ...: Die for me by: Amy Plum 1 1 Sep 12, 2014 09:56AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Die For Me by Amy Plum - Restarts July 12th 2014 22 44 Aug 03, 2014 03:37PM
Vincent, Jules, or Ambrose? 100 350 Jun 07, 2014 11:24AM
We ♥ YA Books! : Die For Me by Amy Plum 4 36 May 02, 2014 11:18PM
♥!The Young Adult...: Die for Me 11 94 Jan 20, 2014 11:17AM
  • Shattered Souls (Souls, #1)
  • Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)
  • Falling Under (Falling Under, #1)
  • Crave (The Clann, #1)
  • The Vampire Stalker
  • Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)
  • Dead Rules
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Timeless (Timeless, #1)
Amy Plum is the author of the International Bestsellers DIE FOR ME (Indie Next List pick, Romance Times top pick, and recipient of a starred review from School Library Journal), UNTIL I DIE, and IF I SHOULD DIE. The books have been translated into eleven foreign languages. The trilogy is accompanied by an eNovella entitled DIE FOR HER.

Amy grew up in Birmingham, Alabama before venturing further afi
More about Amy Plum...
Until I Die (Revenants, #2) If I Should Die (Revenants, #3) Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5) After the End (After the End #1) Die Once More (Revenants, 3.5)

10 trivia questions
5 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Well, spit on my empty grave--if it ain't the attack of the Disney princesses!” 355 likes
“Besides the alternate universe offered by a book, the quiet space of a museum was my favorite place to go. My mom said I was an escapist at heart . . . that I preferred imaginary worlds to the real one. It’s true that I’ve always been able to yank myself out of this world and plunge myself into another.” 315 likes