Start by marking “Silver Lining” as Want to Read:
Silver Lining

Silver Lining

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  14 reviews

After exchanging vows with a prominent physician, Marlissa Scott-Jennings is prepared to enjoy the life most women dream about, but only a few achieveuntil demons from her past resurface with a vengeance. Overnight, the perfect life she'd hoped for crumbles and leaves her seeking comfort in alcohol.

Leon Scott has it all: a loving wife, children, and a thriving businessunt

Published August 1st 2011 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Lining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Lining

After reading two other books by Wanda B. Campbell, I must say, I had high expectations for this book also. I can say. . . . she delivered! I was looking for a story with characters that were believable and a good plot with emotions that made me feel as if I was there. Silver Lining gave me just that.

~ Oprah Winfrey said, “Be thankful for what you have: you’ll end up having more.” That was exactly the case with Marlissa Jennings and her friend Leon Scott.
Reader's Paradise
I have read "Illusions" and "Right Package Wrong Baggage' by the same author and I must say I absolutely enjoyed the principals shared in each of Campbell’s previous titles. 'Silver Lining' exceeded my expectation of good it was a wonderful read. The situations were ones I could relate to and the personality issues centered on control, self esteem, and trust were very true for many of our church leaders and congregants in the church today.

I ask this question; can a marriage be saved when one spo
Linda Beed
Silver Lining offers the reader a journey that most decline to take. They do because it's easier to condemn what we don't know rather than to extend grace to the truth of life issues.

Devastating issues lead Leon Scott and Marlissa Jennings to alcohol. Fate leads them to one another and then to the road leading to victory. Despite their ways that left spouses to suffer the aftermath of their decisions, there is a silver lining. Each has the opportunity for reconciliation, but are in an upward ba
A Walk to Remember--I was going to let this book slip by me cause I had noticed another book with the same people on the cover. I am glad that I did not follow that pet peeve I would of missed out on a very great read....I really enjoyed the richness of this book. Many good laughs and good tears of sadness. Marlissa had some difficult times but lead to better days " every cloud has a silver lining ". Unexpected new friendships where made.
Silver Lining captured me in the first few pages where I stayed up late to read at least a fourth of the novel. After completion, I felt so connected to the characters' relationships. She wrote this story that spoke to my heart, my mind, and my spiritual being. I enjoyed previous books or reads by this author, but this was icing on the cake. I was immensely intrigued with how things would play out between the married couples on the verge of divorce and could they reconcile not only their differe ...more
This was an excellent book....I enjoyed the writing style of the author, but more importantly I enjoyed the spiritual journey each of the characters outlined. So often, books are written with an unrealistic approach to being a good Christian. This book touched on many different aspects but the author was able to weave the situations into a great story. You will find yourself cheering, and "tearing up" for each of the characters. Great book where God gets the final say!!!
Lady Krystal
This was a good book. The last book that I read by this author was good, so I was looking forward to this one. I was not disappointed. I do not usually like stories that follow the lives of two characters, but this one was well written; this book had a Kendra Norman Bellamy feel to it(which is a good thing since she's one of my favorite writers). The characters were lovable and interesting. The story line was interesting, and not too outlandish. I would read this book again, and I would recommen ...more
Good read. Real issues..
Another fabulous book by Wanda B Campbell. I loved this story....A story of love and healing. Leon and Marlissa two friends both dealing with alcoholism, with each others help, prayer and prayer warriors they learn how to overcome their situation and rebuild their marriage! GREAT READ
This book was a wonderful read!!! I really didn't want it to end. The characters made me cheer, laugh and cry with them. The book took me on a great journey. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last.
Tasha Parker
This was a great book I like the way it started you thought it was ending.You are just waiting to see how the story can come about. I almost passed on this book happy I didn't.
This was a okay read to me. I guess I was waiting on something to really happen. Some of the stuff just didn't seem realistic but it was okay overall
Toccara Daniels

Omg!!! I love it!
Kristie Fluker
Kristie Fluker marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Angelia is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2015
Robert DANIELS marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
stackhouse marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Chantal marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Torrie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Keyandra Ariyo
Keyandra Ariyo marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Deatrice marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Wanda B. Campbell is an extraordinary and talented writer who brings creativity, a new sense of hope, and restoration through the healing power of God to the Kingdom, by way of Christian fiction. She uses real life everyday issues to exhort, motivate, and give comfort.

Wanda B. Campbell believes there is nothing too hard for God and through His love and power, He can heal you in EVERY area you hurt
More about Wanda B. Campbell...
Right Package, Wrong Baggage Illusions Unresolved Issues First Sunday in October Liberation