Start by marking “Silver Lining” as Want to Read:
Silver Lining

Silver Lining

After exchanging vows with a prominent physician, Marlissa Scott-Jennings is prepared to enjoy the life most women dream about, but only a few achieveuntil demons from her past resurface with a vengeance. Overnight, the perfect life she'd hoped for crumbles and leaves her seeking comfort in alcohol.

Leon Scott has it all: a loving wife, children, and a thriving businessunt

Published August 1st 2011 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Lining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Lining

Sofie
Jul 08, 2011 Sofie rated it really liked it
TO BE OR NOT TO BE? THAT IS THE QUESTION.

After reading two other books by Wanda B. Campbell, I must say, I had high expectations for this book also. I can say. . . . she delivered! I was looking for a story with characters that were believable and a good plot with emotions that made me feel as if I was there. Silver Lining gave me just that.

~ Oprah Winfrey said, “Be thankful for what you have: you’ll end up having more.” That was exactly the case with Marlissa Jennings and her friend Leon Scott.
Reader's Paradise
Jul 27, 2011 Reader's Paradise rated it it was amazing
I have read "Illusions" and "Right Package Wrong Baggage' by the same author and I must say I absolutely enjoyed the principals shared in each of Campbell’s previous titles. 'Silver Lining' exceeded my expectation of good it was a wonderful read. The situations were ones I could relate to and the personality issues centered on control, self esteem, and trust were very true for many of our church leaders and congregants in the church today.

I ask this question; can a marriage be saved when one spo
Linda Beed
Aug 10, 2011 Linda Beed rated it really liked it
Silver Lining offers the reader a journey that most decline to take. They do because it's easier to condemn what we don't know rather than to extend grace to the truth of life issues.

Devastating issues lead Leon Scott and Marlissa Jennings to alcohol. Fate leads them to one another and then to the road leading to victory. Despite their ways that left spouses to suffer the aftermath of their decisions, there is a silver lining. Each has the opportunity for reconciliation, but are in an upward ba
Mserika
Jul 04, 2014 Mserika rated it it was amazing
A Walk to Remember--I was going to let this book slip by me cause I had noticed another book with the same people on the cover. I am glad that I did not follow that pet peeve I would of missed out on a very great read....I really enjoyed the richness of this book. Many good laughs and good tears of sadness. Marlissa had some difficult times but lead to better days " every cloud has a silver lining ". Unexpected new friendships where made.
Angelia
Sep 30, 2015 Angelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 star rating.....
Adrienna
Silver Lining captured me in the first few pages where I stayed up late to read at least a fourth of the novel. After completion, I felt so connected to the characters' relationships. She wrote this story that spoke to my heart, my mind, and my spiritual being. I enjoyed previous books or reads by this author, but this was icing on the cake. I was immensely intrigued with how things would play out between the married couples on the verge of divorce and could they reconcile not only their differe ...more
Krystal Esmi
Jul 28, 2011 Krystal Esmi rated it really liked it
This was a good book. The last book that I read by this author was good, so I was looking forward to this one. I was not disappointed. I do not usually like stories that follow the lives of two characters, but this one was well written; this book had a Kendra Norman Bellamy feel to it(which is a good thing since she's one of my favorite writers). The characters were lovable and interesting. The story line was interesting, and not too outlandish. I would read this book again, and I would recommen ...more
Michelle
Sep 07, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was an excellent book....I enjoyed the writing style of the author, but more importantly I enjoyed the spiritual journey each of the characters outlined. So often, books are written with an unrealistic approach to being a good Christian. This book touched on many different aspects but the author was able to weave the situations into a great story. You will find yourself cheering, and "tearing up" for each of the characters. Great book where God gets the final say!!!
Metris
Jan 11, 2013 Metris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous book by Wanda B Campbell. I loved this story....A story of love and healing. Leon and Marlissa two friends both dealing with alcoholism, with each others help, prayer and prayer warriors they learn how to overcome their situation and rebuild their marriage! GREAT READ
Tiffany
Jan 16, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle-books
This book was a wonderful read!!! I really didn't want it to end. The characters made me cheer, laugh and cry with them. The book took me on a great journey. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last.
Tasha Parker
Aug 13, 2012 Tasha Parker rated it really liked it
This was a great book I like the way it started you thought it was ending.You are just waiting to see how the story can come about. I almost passed on this book happy I didn't.
Rabbit
Apr 26, 2013 Rabbit rated it liked it
This was a okay read to me. I guess I was waiting on something to really happen. Some of the stuff just didn't seem realistic but it was okay overall
ConSonia
ConSonia rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Malisa Malone
Malisa Malone rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Judy A
Judy A rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Wanda Campbell
Jan 05, 2013 Wanda Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Deirdre Davis
Deirdre Davis rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Tyora Moody
Tyora Moody rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Aliyah
Aliyah rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Shauna Joseph
Shauna Joseph rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
Joy Lee
Joy Lee rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Andrea Horton
Andrea Horton rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Demetri Carter
Demetri Carter rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Toccara Daniels
Apr 26, 2012 Toccara Daniels rated it it was amazing

Omg!!! I love it!
Metris
Metris rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Wanda Campbell
Dec 31, 2011 Wanda Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Authors & Readers Book Corner
Authors & Readers Book Corner rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
sunsetdn
sunsetdn rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
2820532
Wanda B. Campbell is an extraordinary and talented writer who brings creativity, a new sense of hope, and restoration through the healing power of God to the Kingdom, by way of Christian fiction. She uses real life everyday issues to exhort, motivate, and give comfort.

Wanda B. Campbell believes there is nothing too hard for God and through His love and power, He can heal you in EVERY area you hurt
More about Wanda B. Campbell...