Start by marking “Guardian of the Green Hill (Under the Green Hill)” as Want to Read:
Guardian of the Green Hill (Under the Green Hill)

Guardian of the Green Hill (Under the Green Hill #2)

Only a few weeks ago, Meg Morgan and her siblings went to England for the holidays—and found themselves in the middle of a fairy war. Now the war is over, but the battle for control of the fairies has just begun.

A mysterious painter named Gwidion appears at the Rookery, ready to give the children art lessons. But his real plans are far more sinister: He means to destroy th
Published October 25th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian of the Green Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian of the Green Hill

Meagan Myhren-bennett
GUARDIAN of the GREEN HILL
By Laura L Sullivan

As a note to the reader, before you read Guardian of the Green Hill you should first read book one in the series Under the Green Hill. To fully understand the book and characters this is a must!

Phyllida Ash is the object of Gwidion Thomas’s scheme to take possession of both the Rookery and the Green Hill.

A mere two weeks have passed since the battle that took place on the Green Hill on Midsummer Night. Bran is still within his Ash tree healing from hi
Rhonda
Oct 01, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it
I have not read the first book of the series and I felt a little lost at first. Though I enjoyed the story and it does stand alone.

Phyllida Ash is the current guardian of the green hill she protects the fairies from humans and humans from ferries. Shes is in her 80's and Lysander Ash her husband have no children so no heir.

Her nieces and nephews and friends come from America not sure why. Rowan is the oldest male and Meg is oldest female(Only females inherit the guardian of Green Hill) Silly an
Yvensong
Dec 15, 2011 Yvensong rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Darlene Milner, fans of Narnia
I won this through Goodreads Giveaway!

I didn't read the first book, so was missing some of the background, but even so, this charming fairy tale makes for a good standalone read. The author provided enough information that as I read along, I didn't feel like there were any gaps or holes to the story line.

The story is told from an omnipresent viewpoint, so we follow several characters, which the author does quite well. I felt no confusion as to which character was performing or thinking. The main
Claire
Follows the story Under the Green Hill. A fantasy that I think 9 and up would enjoy.
Nicole
Dec 28, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fairy tale lovers
Won through Goodreads givewaways.

I guess I didn't realize when I entered the contest that this was the 2nd book in a series. I'll admit to feeling a bit out of the loop initially, but the story and characters quickly drew me in. The first book is now on my to-read list and I'm looking forward to adding it to my stack once said stack lowers a bit!

Guardian of the Green Hill follows Meg and her cohorts just after the Midsummer's Eve battle that is portrayed in Under the Green Hill. Despite not havi
Karla Phillips
Nov 26, 2011 Karla Phillips rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing read. Meg Morgan is not just an ordinary girl, she is The Guardian Of The Green Hill. She did not really know that she was going to be the next Guardian of the Green Hill, until she went to England for the holidays to spend time with her Great Great Aunt Phyllida and Great Great Uncle Lysander. When she first got there, she had fought in the Midsummer War and killed Phyllida's father. They then brought him back to life and in doing so, she released fiaries and creatures t ...more
Kat Goldin
Jan 05, 2012 Kat Goldin rated it really liked it
This book is adventuresome, up-to-date, magical book and that may or may not draw students to the storyline that is appropriate for upper elementary and middle school readers. The beginning starts of well with a nod to how the kids are group together (4 from one family, the Morgans and 2 others from America) and why they are sent to England to live (a plague outbreak in North America.) The 4 main charters are well-developed and likeable; although, a times predictable.
All the children come to li
Jillian
I received this book for free as a First Reads giveaway.

When I was younger, I was a big believer in fairies. I liked to think that they were flitting around in my backyard when I wasn't looking and hiding when I was, laughing at the silly human girl who was flipping up all the leaves of her mom's plants to try and catch a peek of one.

This book has totally reignited my fascination with fairies. Sullivan weaves a really exciting plot, wonderful characters, and enchanting fairy lore all together in
Kathy
Apr 30, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
I liked this one even better than UNDER THE GREEN HILL. The characters seemed more rounded and believable, even the odd magical folk I had never heard of before.

Phyllida is beginning to feel her age, and would like Meg to become her heir as the guardian of Green Hill, the person who mediates between the fair folk and humans. Meg is unsure if she wants the job, although it appeals to her in many ways, but she is sure that she is not ready for it.

All seems to be going well, until an evil distant
Linnae
Aug 15, 2012 Linnae rated it liked it
Meg and her siblings are staying with a great-great aunt, and have become involved with the world of fairies. Meg has to choose if she will become the next Guardian: the human who mediates between fairies and other humans. While Meg is still trying to decide, her little brother is stolen by the fairies and she must get him back. Oh yeah, and there's an evil artist intent on taking over, too.

It turns out this was book 2 in a series. I was wishing I had read book 1 first. Apparently, book 1 held
Claire Vanderlaan
Mikala
Feb 06, 2012 Mikala rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, I didn't realize that until about halfway thru. It is a very good fairy tale the author did a great job keeping your interest I'm going to recommend it to my 12 year old niece. The book kept all our emotions on their toes you were happy sad an sometimes mad an you can't help but fall in love with the characters!
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Dec 15, 2011 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz-first-reads
I recieved this book free through Goodreads first reads, but that has in no way effected my opinion.
This was book two of the Green Hill series. It was just as fascinating as the first book. It is a young adult book that even adults will enjoy. I love the storyline and characters. I would recomend this title and I will be looking for more from this author.
Nam Lam
Jan 05, 2012 Nam Lam rated it liked it
When I dove into the book, Guardian of the Green Hill, confusion lingered into my mind. Before I knew it, I realized it was the second book in the series. After readjustment, I discovered something crucial: a great novel for many young bookshelves.
Susan Baumgartner
Dec 24, 2011 Susan Baumgartner rated it really liked it
The story deepens and I was especially moved by the ending, which the author took in a direction I've always liked to see. Details of various magical creatures are expanded and the rich atmosphere is well supported. Love a book where I am challenged by an occasion obscure word!
Jessica
Jan 03, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this from Goodreads Giveaways and I really enjoyed it! Growing up this was the kind of book I loved to read. I plan on reading the first one with my children!
PWRL
Jan 24, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Wennifred
Dec 15, 2011 Wennifred marked it as to-read
I just won a copy from Goodreads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
jaime sanchez
jaime sanchez rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Hanna
Hanna rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
AnnMarie Johnson
AnnMarie Johnson rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2017
Faye
Faye rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2011
mildred wilson
mildred wilson rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Kelley Goewey
Kelley Goewey rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
C G
C G rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Jesus Luv
Jesus Luv rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2014
lela
lela rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Fire King (The Invisible Order, #2)
  • Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus)
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • Empire of Ruins (The Hunchback Assignments, #3)
  • Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh (Theodosia Throckmorton, #4)
  • Ravenwood (Ravenwood #1)
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Shadow Falling (Avatars, #2)
  • Merlin and the Dragons
  • The Edge Chronicles Standalone: The Lost Barkscrolls
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Ottoline at Sea (Ottoline, #3)
  • The Weavers of Saramyr (Braided Path, #1)
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic
  • The Lightning Key (The Wednesday Tales, #3)
  • Tendre Voyou Vol.5

Under the Green Hill (2 books)
  • Under the Green Hill