Start by marking “Kiss Me Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me Goodbye

Kiss Me Goodbye (Scarlett Wakefield #4)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  672 ratings  ·  55 reviews

Scarlett thought Dan McAndrew's murder was long behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive in Edinburgh for a weeklong field trip, she's startled to be joined by her old St. Tabby's cohorts--and enemies--who are visiting the area on a field trip as well. Even more startling, Callum, Dan's surviving twin, is in the area--and his cold treatment leaves Scarlett wonder

Published May 10th 2011 by Random House Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me Goodbye

Rebecca
Scarlett’s back in the final instalment of the Scarlett Wakefield series. I must say that I have had a fun time reading about her adventured and Kiss of Death was just as good as the other three books in the series.
The mystery in Kiss of Death was a little different. This one wasn’t a murder mystery as such; it was more of a who is trying to commit murder mystery. It had me guessing all the way through, there were a few people I had suspected it to be. Well, to be honest I even suspected Taylor,
Lara
Yeah, so I sort of feel like this is one of those series I should be totally embarrassed about liking so much, but whatever, guys! I like Scarlett--even though sometimes she's mean and dumb, it's in a fairly realistic kind of way. And I really love her friendship with Taylor, and also totally like her with Jase. The big reveal of this one is kind of...ok, a little over the top, but I like the way things end up over all. I will also forgive Lauren Henderson for talking about MySpace--ha!

Anyway, I
Madison Weston
This book was amazing. It was a love story and but it had some action and violence in it. I really do recommend it to any teenage girl.
Jenny

Kiss of Death is the awesome conclusion of the four book series regarding Scarlett Wakefield. The whole thing started with a kiss. Her first kiss. And the guy, Dan, died immediately right there in front of her. Since then Scarlett has been determined to discover the true reason Dan died. And in book three she gets the culprit through a series of fantastic events which shoot the door wide open on her own mysterious past. Why did her parents die & leave her orphaned? This book has all the answ

Paty
Ashley Yuan
Well to be honest it wasn't my fave Scarlett Wakefield but it was good! The ending is happy which was something I expected and the book wasn't that short but some parts were kind of boring. I thought the book was a bit melodramatic and everytime there's a killer it always has to do with inheirting something.
Scarlett and her Wakefield friends r on a school trip to Scotland and there we meet up with all the previous characters in the series. There is Luce and Alison scarlett's ex BFF, all the pop
Miranda Merrill
This is the fourth and final installment of the Scarlett Wakefield series by Lauren Henderson. In this book Scarlett travels to Edinburgh on a school trip hoping that Dan McAndrews murder is finally behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive she is shocked to be joined by her old friends and enemies from her old school St. Tabbys. The School she attended before Dans murder. As Scarlett and the girls explore all the sites Scarlett is attacked on numerous occasions proving that someone is ...more
Amy Lignor
This is truly a great finale to the Scarlett Wakefield series that includes, Kiss Me Kill Me; Kisses and Lies; and Kiss in the Dark.

When we begin, Scarlett and her best friend Taylor are sitting among their class of girls from Wakefield Hall…and all they want is for death to come quickly. Their class has gone on a weeklong field trip to Edinburgh, and Scarlett can’t be happier. She needs more than anything to leave behind the tragedy of Dan McAndrew’s murder. The crime was, of course, solved, b
Crawfore
The Kiss of Death by Lauren Henderson was really quite enjoyable. The setting is Edinburgh, Scotland during school spring break. I would classify Kiss of Death as fiction with heavy touches of mystery and suspense. This work is the final installment in a series that Lauren Henderson entitled Kiss Me Kill Me. Another classification used to describe this work by Ms.Henderson is “tart noir.”

The young heroin in the story is Scarlett Wakefield. She is a student at the elite Wakefield HS for Girls, fo
Kiss of Death is the fourth and final book in the Scarlett Wakefield series.

It was a nice ending to a good series. I've always liked Scarlett and she did not disappoint in this final installment.

This book was set in Edinburgh where Scarlett's current school Wakefield Hall and her old school Tabby's were taking a field trip. What an interesting way to bring all the characters together, which included Callum McAndrews (Dan's twin brother).

At the end of book 3 Jase (Scarlett's boyfriend) took off.
Jannat Bhat ( Obsessive Compulsive Reader)
Kiss of Death is the fourth and final book in the Scarlett Wakefield series.This is a great book. Anyone who likes realistic fiction, romance, and mystery would die to read this book.This is because Scarlett's life gets pretty complicated in this book.The nonstop action and suspense keeps readers engaged from page one all the way to the end. There are mysteries, lies & secrets.

Kiss of Death finds Scarlett and Taylor on a school trip to Edinburgh. There, they encounter Callum McAndrew.Scarle
Linda
The final book in Wakefield series, was slow going for me in the beginning, get's pretty interesting half way through. Romance and suspense.

Scarlett thinks someone is trying to killer, and she's seeing shadow's following her, but no one believes her.
Callum is playing at a concert Scarlett is attending on a school field trip,he see's in the audience and sends someone for her, she remembers their last kiss,does he?
They didn't think they would ever see each other again and she's still dating Jase,
Dorise
I really liked this series. It is a quick and easy read, but with a good portion of action and romance for a YA girly book. I'd recommend to read the books during a readathon or before you want to sleep. You don't have to think a lot with this read. But if you are looking for more depth, seek something else.
krystal
Decent, tight plot observant enough to make great points about British aristocracy (in my humble and likely misinformed opinion, anyway) but not self-aware enough to make any point a subtle one. Also it starts to get annoying when descriptions of the characters' personalities go downhill from class struggle backstory study to depending on physical characteristics to make a point.

(view spoiler)
Romita Puruswani
Jill
Een hele leuke serie! Makkelijk te lezen. Scarlett en Taylor zijn leuke personages. Het tweede deel vond ik het mooist.
Karin
This was only my 2nd Scarlett Wakefield (I had also read #2 a while ago), and I loved it as much. Don't know why these don't get more press - hilariously funny boarding school chick lit with \intriguing mysteries built in. Kind of a combination of Ruby Oliver's humor with a British boarding school sensibility. And just the right amount of romance. Highly recommended!
In this one, Scarlett travels to Edinburgh on a school trip, run into some old classmates and an old crush and has a couple near-de
Cyclone
Inna
I LOVED THIS SERIES!!! Kiss of Death was the last book in the Scarlett Wakefield sereis, and let me just say: this was one of my favorite series. The author just sucks you in from the minute you start the book, until you HAVE to finish reading to see what happens. I love the fact that this is a mystery/romance series, with the romance being not too heavy, so even if youre not that big of a fan of romance, you would still like this book. Definitly read it!!! :)
Cutty09
Ok so this was the last and final book of the series this was one of my fave series so far
was it good? Yea
was it interesting? Yes.
Will you be like OMG? I hope so
will you enjoy this? Definitely
Carrie
This is the fourth (and final) in this series. This is a good thing. Overall, I have enjoyed this four-book series. The books are realistic, and Scarlett is an awesome character. I do recommend starting at the beginning if you plan to read them, and the first two are the best.

Further thoughts at http://dogearedandwellread.wordpress....
Anne
Scarlett is in Edinburgh with the Wakefield School girls. Turns out that the St. Tabby's girls are here, too. And someone from one of those places is determined that Scarlett shall not make it back home.

final book in the series, bringing all the characters back together to tie everything up. a fun read, good for those looking for a contemporary mystery.
Maren
Even if you can predict the ending, getting there is entertaining. Setting the final book in Edinbrough was perfect - again with the windy, green landscapes and boys in kilts and Aran sweaters! Everything ties together pretty well and this final Scarlett Wakefield mystery is a good ending to the series.
Michelle Arrow
Having the be the finale is a good thing, it's the perfect length with the absolute perfect ending. I'm so proud of what this series came to be. Scarlett became a much independent young women who has gone through a lot, including love and death. I'm so proud of this beautiful masterpiece. <3
Elayna
Chloe
Some of the characters r slightly exaggerated so its hard to relate to them and the author is writing in 1st person so sometimes she jumps around scenes which makes it very confusing to know whats happening and what happened.
Good series and I'll probably read other stuff by her.
Dolores
This is the final book in the series and I'm going to miss Scarlett. This has been such a terrific mystery series. Full of humor, romance, adventure and just plain fun. But I'm glad Scarlett got her happy ending and I'm looking forward to Henderson's next book.
Alex
I forgot how much I enjoyed the Scarlett Wakefield books until I started reading this one. I don't know what it is about Scarlett, but I just love her.

This was a great last book in the series, and wrapped up all the loose ends. I was very satisfied with the ending!
Madison
Aww. :) what a happy ending! Reading the end, I was so grateful. To see Scarlett's journey coming to an end. Now all she has to do is lead a careless teenager's life. I'm so happy for her. I can't wait for the new series that's talked about in the authors note!
  • The Trust (Secret Society, #2)
  • The Lucky Kind
  • Starstruck
  • Invisible I (The Amanda Project, #1)
  • Angels Lie (Angels on Sunset Boulevard, #2)
  • Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2)
  • Tighter
  • Masquerade (The Rosewoods, #2)
  • Polissena del Porcello
  • Wishful Thinking (Wish, #2)
  • According To Hoyle
  • Phoenix (Beautiful Dead, #4)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Swear (Swoon, #2)
  • Queen of Atlantis
  • The Summer I Got a Life
  • The Darkening (The Divided Realms, #2)
  • The Vision (The Mark, #2)
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...

Scarlett Wakefield (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1)
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)
Girls' Night In Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1) Flirting in Italian (Flirting in Italian #1) Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2) Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)