Start by marking “No Darker Fate” as Want to Read:
No Darker Fate

No Darker Fate

X-Files meets the X-Men

Since the murder of his parents, Lucas Fowler has been avoiding death more than living life. But when a mind-controlling rogue forces him to kill people, an underground society wants him dead, and the police want him behind bars, Lucas has no choice but to plunge into a deadly world he never knew existed.

Lucas discovers that he's a Scion. He has supe
Kindle Edition
Published February 16th 2011 by John Corwin

To ask other readers questions about No Darker Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Darker Fate

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBrideThe Marked Son by Shea BerkleyEighth Grade Bites by Heather BrewerTwelfth Grade Kills by Heather BrewerThe Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
Guys Wearing Hoodies
73 books — 77 voters
Coyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanAnd Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieDeath on the Nile by Agatha ChristieThe Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery
286 books — 249 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheri
Nov 02, 2011 Sheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I love it when the first few pages of a book draw you in and make you want to keep on reading…with this book, it was the first sentence. "One year to the day after dying, Lucas decided to go home." Of course I had to find out more.

The main character in this book is Lucas. When we first meet Lucas, he is reminiscing on his past, haunted by the death of his family a year before. Very soon into the story he gets a picture message on his phone, which turns his life upside-down. Lucas finds himself
Rachel
Aug 31, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
This book was quite a change from most of the paranormal/urban fantasy I've read lately. It doesn't have vampires, wizards, werewolves, or any of the typical supernatural types in it.

I didn't think this book would be up my alley. Boy, was I wrong.

This book has a completely new group called Scions who can do some pretty cool stuff, like read minds, kick ass with supernatural strength, and open portals into other dimensions.

The story totally sucked me in from the first chapter. Lucas is forced to
Karen
Jul 16, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
I don't want to say anything that will give away too much of the story since I hate reviews full of spoilers. The main character, Lucas Fowler is a reluctant super-hero which is a staple of the Sci-Fi genre, but in No Darker Fate is handled with a fresh approach. The world of the Scions is dark and hidden in plain sight in Atlanta. I've lived in Atlanta for the past 11 years but never looked at the city in the way it's depicted in this book (unique perspective on the underground scene). At times ...more
Diana Banana
Sep 05, 2011 Diana Banana rated it really liked it
My boyfriend got me to read this book...we don't usually share tastes, but I ended up really enjoying it. It kind of reminds me of the X-Files which was one of my all-time fave shows.

The characters are likable to some degree. No maniacal bald-headed evil people in it--just people with agendas that they view as the best course of action. I like it when you can feel some empathy with all the characters even if they're supposed to be the bad ones.

The powers that these people have is really cool. It
Rick Gualtieri
Jan 16, 2012 Rick Gualtieri rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of either sci-fi action movies or comic books then you'll enjoy this book. The author brings to life a dark underworld that exists just out of our sight in which super powered beings live and operate amongst us. The problem being that super powers does not equal super ethics. Despite their power, these beings are just as petty and cruel as normal humans, and due to this our entire world is at risk.....and we don't even know it.

A good setup novel for an ongoing series. Answers a l
Dave Squires
Feb 22, 2012 Dave Squires rated it it was amazing
Corwin's complex vision stretches over a wide landscape in a growing, then running, and sometimes raging, battle of super powered factions. He evolves his story deftly, forming strong and sympathetic characters as well as evil genius antagonists with frightening abilities that can dig into a person's very neurons. Set some time aside and get ready to keep up with plot twists, strange realities, and superpowered superhumans among the large cast of unique characters.
John Corwin
Aug 20, 2011 John Corwin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks for the reviews...I'm just adding it to my "read" books along with the other ones I've written so they'll show in my queue. =)
Beth Rogers
Aug 13, 2011 Beth Rogers rated it it was amazing
Like the X-Files on steroids. Really cool premise, paranormal without vampires.

Lots of action and paranormal mystery and intrigue. Works out to be a great read.

Effie Eshel
Effie Eshel rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
Jd Devine
Jd Devine rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Alisa Brkic
Alisa Brkic rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2013
Yani
Yani rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Alisa Floyd
Alisa Floyd rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
Ricky
Ricky rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Becki
Becki rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
Jim Kratzok
Jim Kratzok rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Daisy
Daisy rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2012
Vittorio Roberti
Vittorio Roberti rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
George
George rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Jason A Morris
Jason A Morris rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Dannie Welch
Dannie Welch rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Mike Goodman
Mike Goodman rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Lope Nieves
Lope Nieves rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Haley
Haley rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
  • Invincible (Invincible #1)
  • Brightflame Accension (Heroes of Gammalgard, #1)
  • Hard Luck (Saga of Menyoral, #1)
  • Son of Soron (Stoneblood Saga Book 1)
  • Wizard Born (Wizard Born, #1)
  • Between (Alternate Places, #2)
  • Blood Vice (Nightfall Syndicate #1)
  • Not So Easy (Souls in Peril, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Nephew (Songreaver's Tale, #1)
  • The Zero Class (Cypher Theorem #1)
  • Anomaly (The New Haven Project, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Spare Heir, #1)
  • The Knight (High Kingdom, #1)
  • Beginning of a Hero (Legends of Windemere, #1)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Path of The Calm (Saga of The Wolf, #1)
  • Set in Stone (Petralist, #1)
  • Battle Mage: A Tale of Alus (Tales of Alus #3)
John Corwin is the bestselling author of the Overworld Chronicles.

He enjoys long walks on the beach and is a firm believer in puppies and kittens.

After years of getting into trouble thanks to his overactive imagination, John abandoned his male modeling career to write books.

He resides in Atlanta.
More about John Corwin...