Start by marking “No Darker Fate (The Scions)” as Want to Read:
No Darker Fate (The Scions)

No Darker Fate (The Scions)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  8 reviews
X-Files meets the X-Men

Since the murder of his parents, Lucas Fowler has been avoiding death more than living life. But when a mind-controlling rogue forces him to kill people, an underground society wants him dead, and the police want him behind bars, Lucas has no choice but to plunge into a deadly world he never knew existed.

Lucas discovers that he's a Scion. He has supe
Kindle Edition
Published February 16th 2011 by John Corwin

To ask other readers questions about No Darker Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Darker Fate

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBrideThe Marked Son by Shea BerkleyTwelfth Grade Kills by Heather BrewerEighth Grade Bites #1 by Heather BrewerNo Darker Fate by John Corwin
Guys Wearing Hoodies
5th out of 59 books — 70 voters
And Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieCoyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieCoyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanThe Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery
47th out of 256 books — 239 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheri
I love it when the first few pages of a book draw you in and make you want to keep on reading…with this book, it was the first sentence. "One year to the day after dying, Lucas decided to go home." Of course I had to find out more.

The main character in this book is Lucas. When we first meet Lucas, he is reminiscing on his past, haunted by the death of his family a year before. Very soon into the story he gets a picture message on his phone, which turns his life upside-down. Lucas finds himself
Karen
I don't want to say anything that will give away too much of the story since I hate reviews full of spoilers. The main character, Lucas Fowler is a reluctant super-hero which is a staple of the Sci-Fi genre, but in No Darker Fate is handled with a fresh approach. The world of the Scions is dark and hidden in plain sight in Atlanta. I've lived in Atlanta for the past 11 years but never looked at the city in the way it's depicted in this book (unique perspective on the underground scene). At times ...more
Diana Banana
My boyfriend got me to read this book...we don't usually share tastes, but I ended up really enjoying it. It kind of reminds me of the X-Files which was one of my all-time fave shows.

The characters are likable to some degree. No maniacal bald-headed evil people in it--just people with agendas that they view as the best course of action. I like it when you can feel some empathy with all the characters even if they're supposed to be the bad ones.

The powers that these people have is really cool. It
Rachel
This book was quite a change from most of the paranormal/urban fantasy I've read lately. It doesn't have vampires, wizards, werewolves, or any of the typical supernatural types in it.

I didn't think this book would be up my alley. Boy, was I wrong.

This book has a completely new group called Scions who can do some pretty cool stuff, like read minds, kick ass with supernatural strength, and open portals into other dimensions.

The story totally sucked me in from the first chapter. Lucas is forced to
Rick Gualtieri
If you're a fan of either sci-fi action movies or comic books then you'll enjoy this book. The author brings to life a dark underworld that exists just out of our sight in which super powered beings live and operate amongst us. The problem being that super powers does not equal super ethics. Despite their power, these beings are just as petty and cruel as normal humans, and due to this our entire world is at risk.....and we don't even know it.

A good setup novel for an ongoing series. Answers a l
Dave Squires
Corwin's complex vision stretches over a wide landscape in a growing, then running, and sometimes raging, battle of super powered factions. He evolves his story deftly, forming strong and sympathetic characters as well as evil genius antagonists with frightening abilities that can dig into a person's very neurons. Set some time aside and get ready to keep up with plot twists, strange realities, and superpowered superhumans among the large cast of unique characters.
Beth Rogers
Like the X-Files on steroids. Really cool premise, paranormal without vampires.

Lots of action and paranormal mystery and intrigue. Works out to be a great read.

John Corwin
Aug 20, 2011 John Corwin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks for the reviews...I'm just adding it to my "read" books along with the other ones I've written so they'll show in my queue. =)
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Ro Cáceres
Ro Cáceres marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Rachel Gilbert
Rachel Gilbert marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Silvara Wilde
Silvara Wilde marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Heather Pelletier
Heather Pelletier marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sara Henley
Sara Henley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kiana
Kiana marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Jul 13, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Blu Davis
Blu Davis marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Hashimoto Karoru
Hashimoto Karoru marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Vicki (The Wolf's Den)
Vicki (The Wolf's Den) marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Yvonne Medina
Yvonne Medina marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Constance Duffield
Constance Duffield marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
John Corwin is the bestselling author of the Overworld Chronicles.

He enjoys long walks on the beach and is a firm believer in puppies and kittens.

After years of getting into trouble thanks to his overactive imagination, John abandoned his male modeling career to write books.

He resides in Atlanta.
More about John Corwin...
Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #1) Dark Light of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #2) Fallen Angel of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #3) Dread Nemesis of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #4) Dearest Mother of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #6)