Nocover-blank-133x176
Hero of the Rails

Wilbert Awdry

Hero of the Rails (Thomas & Friends)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  2 reviews
All aboard for a brand-new Thomas direct-to-DVD movie!

All the fun, friendship, and adventure of Thomas’s new direct-to-DVD movie, Hero of the Rails, is captured in this handsome hardcover storybook.
Published March 16th 2011 by Golden Books (first published August 11th 2009)

deborah
The Thomas characters and plotline are, as usual, not very nice at all, and so the challenge with this book is remembering my altered version from one reading to the next. (Good thing my son can't read yet.) And the images are rather predictable and don't hold up particularly well to close-looking. For example, one of the images of a girl is reused twice in the book - my observation; and Spencer is drawn on a track directly behind Thomas on one page and on a track next to him on the next - was t...more
Jacqueline
A touch too long for my read loud tastes and I'm a bit annoyed that Awdry is still getting author credit for the series when this was not one of his original Thomas tales. However, this is a story any Thomas fan will love and the art is fantastic.
Megan
Sep 15, 2012
Joseph
Joseph added it
Apr 18, 2012
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, better known as the Reverend W. Awdry and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, who starred in Awdry's acclaimed Railway Series.

The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. The first book (The Th...more
More about Wilbert Awdry...
Stop, Train, Stop! a Thomas the Tank Engine Story (Thomas & Friends) Thomas The Tank Engine: The Complete Collection Thomas the Tank Engine Story Collection (Thomas & Friends) Go, Train, Go! Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)