Castles/The Lion's Lady

Castles/The Lion's Lady

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,778 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Christina Bennett had taken London society by storm. The ravishing beauty guarded the secret of her mysterious past until the night Lyon, Marquis of Lyonwood, stole a searching, sensuous kiss. An arrogant nobleman with a pirate's passions, he tasted the wild fire smoldering beneath Christina's cool charm and swore to posses her...

But the fiesty and defiant Christina would...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Pocket Books (first published June 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Castles/The Lion's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Castles/The Lion's Lady

İnci Puyan

Bu kadın hep yazsın! Yemesin... içmesin... konuşmasın... kalkmasın otursun yazsın! Çevirmenlerde durmadan çevirsinler olmadı yayınevleri orjinallerini burada da yayınlasınlar bizlerde yemeyip, içmeyip hep bu kadını okuyalım :D Nasıl fikir? Bence muhteşem! :)

Garwood'un kalemini seviyorum. Konusunu okumadan, çıktığında hemen aldığım nadir yazarlardan biri kendisi... Beni bu yazara kim alıştırdı merak ediyorum fena halde fanı oldum sanki :)

Neyse...

Kitaba ger...more
Anne
Some of the "passionate" scenes were a little "descriptive" but I really liked the read. It was easy to follow.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
I LOVED THIS STORY AND I READ MANY YEARS AGO. It was even better to discover it on audio and RE listen to it instead of reading it again.

Her mother Jessica escapes from her fathers Kingdom. The father was a vicious cruel dictator of a small country. Once Christina is 18 she is sent back to England Christina meets the Marquess of Lion at a ball and they fall madly in love. This story is hilarious very sensual and borders on the erotic. The banter between all the characters is very well written. S...more
Pam
This was one of the most humorous books I have read. It has a serious background plot but Princess Christina is one of a kind. Being raised by the Dakota Indians she has a rather different way of looking at things and expressing herself. Before coming to England she is trained in the way of the English before being returned to her family but you can't take all of her Indian family out of her.

Princess Christina meets Lyon, The Marquis of Lyonwood at a ball an right away there is an attraction. He...more
Nicole
Jul 27, 2014 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook
I'm always a sucker for historical romance novels. And I haven't come across one with a different story line in ages. Until now, this book truly had a unique spin. The main character began her life as a child being raised in the Americas by the Dakota Indians before returning to London's high society. This background gave the story many amazing and moving twists and turns.
Yotisha
It is an amazing novel. It has fun and I'm in so in love with Lyon and Christina. They have a such a wonderful relationship.
This novel is captivating from the start and you can't think about anything other than them.
Mariah
This book was wonderful, intreging and just increbiable. The plot thickend and all strings were tied at the end of the book. It was also charming and funny. I craked up when the "hero" kept on throwing people head first into things! I just imagined the character going around and throwing the bad guys, it was comical. Also the heroine was charming and very very orginized. The characters were wonderfuly written, it made the whole book come to life. The only part I didn't like was how detailed the...more
boemum
I don't get people's aversions to the love scenes. The innocent/timid girl stuff can get a bit annoying sometimes. But if you are a Garwood fan you know that her historical romance scenes are always like that. The reason is that they are just that, historical stories. In those days females were very young and innocent when they reached "acceptable" marriage days. If you keep that in mind it won't bother you as much.

On a side note: Why is Castles first in the book? Lion's Lady was the first book...more
Samara
this is one of my all-time favorites. i have the book and its so worn out. its a keeper.
Cam
Maggie
Original story. Splendid!
Rj

I think I agree with a lot of the reviewers that we could have done without the intimacy scenes. I think what really bothered me was how naive Alesandra was portrayed in regards to her innocence. I mean okay she had spent some time at a convent but not her whole life. So I mean surely she saw animals or something at some point in her life. It just seems so unbelievable and I just found it so annoying. This is definitely my least favorite garwood.
Catherine Sharp
I liked the book but it had so much more potential than came through. Julie Garwood is one of my favorite authors and I'm sure I'll be reading another one of her books soon.
Lelyana Taufik
Colin and Alessandra so far are one of the best hero/heroine I have ever read...their love was so sweet , still stubborn but cute...recommended !
Amy
Love the story and writing but wish the author would cut out about 6 pages of the book. Her romance scene are a little to much for me!!!
Becky
Great book, loved the romance and the suspense. I did figure it out before the end, but I still enjoyed it!
Gina
It drew me in in the beginning, but by the middle it started to become the same storyline as in every romance..
Judy
Another great Julie Garwood book. I can reread time and time again and still enjoy.
Brooke
I just finished this book, I have yet to be disappointing in one of these stories...
Kathleen
I can't say it enough, Julie Garwood is one of the best writers I have read.
Andrea
Liked Castles, didn't care for Lion's Lady
West
Very passionate read. Love the story line.
Julie  aka trouble..
very good kept me laughing and loving the couple.
Kimberly
A pirate romance!
Vienna Marie
The castles
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
  • The Sergeant's Lady (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #2)
  • Unconquered
  • Nip, Tuck, Dead (Pauline Sokol, #5)
  • The Holiday Present
  • Sweet Revenge
  • Paradise/Tender Triumph
  • Evening Star (Star #1)
  • The Heiress (Montgomery/Taggart, #11)
  • Pirates
  • Rogues' Reform (Lester Family, #1-3)
  • The Marriage Test (Brides of Virtue, 3)
  • Chase the Dawn
Julie Murphy was born in 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri to a large Irish family. At the age of six, Julie had her tonsils removed and complications from the surgery resulted in a long period of recuperation. She fell hopelessly behind in school and never caught up. "I was a slow, slow reader," Julie says. "I hated it." At the age of 11, her mother discovered her daughter's secret and promptly enrol...more
More about Julie Garwood...
The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) The Secret (Highlands' Lairds #1) Honor's Splendour Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) The Prize