Twice Kissed

Twice Kissed

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,536 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Mirror, Mirror . . . Marquise Walker has vanished without a trace. There are few clues and much speculation on her sudden disappearance. But the truth is more terrifying than anyone can even imagine. . . .

On The Wall . . .

Maggie McCrae would do anything to find her identical twin sister--even if it means stepping into her unfamiliar shoes. Walking through Marquise's wild,...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Kissed

Gina
Not as great as I was lead to believe…

While feeding her horses, a voice floats through Maggie’s mind. It had been years since she felt it for the last time. Her twin-sister’s voice. Her sister is in trouble. And she’s blaming her ex-husband, Thane Walker, the man Maggie had fallen in love with years ago. Not long after she hears the voice, Thane shows up on her doorstep; just before she disappeared, Marquise and Thane had gotten into an awful fight, and now the police believe him to be their num...more
Deborah
Mar 31, 2010 Deborah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suspense & Love story readers
Recommended to Deborah by: Linda Mason
Shelves: suspense
Love, suspense, deceit, betrayal, revenge with a western flair keep you guessing to the end. Lisa Jackson writes a good easy reading story.
Latisha
The book started off slow....held my interest......a good read....Lisa Jackson has better books
Sandy
Good book. Boring at first. But it got better. For fans of Tami Hoag. 2.5/5 stars.
Paula
quicky no brainer...bit harlequinish
Carissa Anne
Susan Schnelbach
It's okay, but not great. I'll finish it but the characters are not very sympathetic or even likable most of the time. I think it may be because the character traits are a little too much to the extreme:
1. The male lead (the macho guy) is a little too pushy. He really doesn't have the right to be so angry at the world, when most of what went wrong in his life is his own fault or a direct result of his own actions.
2. The heroine needs to face reality. Why is she finding it so hard to accept that...more
Anita Fleming
Twice Kisses suffers from extraneous narrative and would have been a great book if it could have been cut by about 150 pages. The plot is great but it suffers from excessive verbiage. Feel free to scan read major parts of this book. The story did not give up its' secrets easily and most of them, not till the end. This is a very good read.

Maggie and Mary Theresa (aka Marquise) are mirror image, identical twins. M.T has always been the more out there of the twins, sucking in all the light and air...more
RomReader
Widowed heroine sees her 1st love after many years since he & her twin sister got married. Hero got her twin sister pregnant after 1 drunken night after he & heroine were forced to separate by her father. Hero asks heroine for help in finding his missing ex-wife. Their search for heroine's twin sister turns up evidence that point to her twin's dastardly actions as well as stirring major issues from Hero & heroine's past r/s.

I had mixed feelings about this Jackson book. It was writte...more
Joyce
Typical chick lit. The heroine is a mirror twin who's reverse image not only stole her 'true love' but also married him. She is now missing and the heroine plus hero (first love) are searching for her. They rekindle their relationship of years earlier as they evade the police and continue their search. Lots of genre twists and turns before the novel ends.
Blender
There were so many thoughts going on in this book it was hard to follow. My heart broke for Thane and Maggie...so much pain and so many lost years... The epilogue was great just wish it was a little longer considering how much angst this book put me through...
Alex is The Romance Fox
October has been a mad month for me....starting a new business so no time to buy any new books..so rereading some books that I have enjoyed.
I have read most of this author's books so i know what to expect....romance,mystery,suspense and this book has all of that.
Story about twins...one good, one bad.....who have a love/hate relationship.
Maggie is searching for her sister who has gone missing. With the help of her sister's ex-husband, who she has been in love all her life, they embark on a journ...more
Jennifer Gelert
A set of twins. Both beautiful with two different views on life and family. They can even speak to each other through their thoughts. When Maggie is told her sister has disappeared and there is no trace of her, she decides along with her only love of her life (and her sister's ex husband) to try and find out where she is. Drama, lies, questions but in the end true love wins out.

I really loved the characters and how we would go back into the past so it would be easier to understand why things wer...more
Yvonne
Mystery/romance/suspense all together...love it. I plan to read more of Lisa Jackson's novels.
Connie Gearhart
All of Lisa Jackson's books have unusual plot twists!
Jenaya
I loved this book...I have never read anything by lisa before..but I loved it...makes me want more
Tiffany Karafinski
okay book... to be honest I skimmed thru some of it
Kay-em
Not interesting. Lead characters are rather shallow. Plot moves very slowly and the end is unbelievable.
Melanie
I liked the book. thought it was interesting how one twin was good and the other was manipulating. at times it was slow but overall I enjoyed it.
Rachel Nowakowski
I quite liked this book. The characters were interesting and seemed well rounded. I have a bit of a yen for a brooding marlboro man! I would recommend this if you fancied a bit of romance/suspense and had some time to kill. Perfect holiday reading.
Megan
This book is about twins. Maggie has been slightly estranged from her twin Marquise (Mary Theresa). Maggie gets word that her sister is missing possibly dead. Maggie's only true love and sister's ex-husband (Thane) shows up on her doorstep to ask for her help. She goes with Thane to find her sister and ends up looking back on her past and finding secrets about her sister and her past. Lisa Jackson adds a pretty good twist to the ending.
Deanna
I got this book from a friend, after telling her I'll read anything.. well, that was before I decided that life is too short to be reading bad books. Now, most of the time, I move on if the book doesn't grab my interest.

That was the case with this book. 65 pages in and I finally said 'forget it'! I just couldn't get into the story, I didn't care for the style of writing, and I just don't think I'd be glad I stuck it out and finished it.
Jacqui Gordon
A romantic suspense story involving twins with 1 sister Marquise going missing presumed dead. Maggie after hearing a desperate cry from her sister in her mind, along with Marquise's ex-husband (also Maggie's first love) decides to track down her sister and discover the reasons why her sister vanished. A good read which keep me interested, plenty of suspense and romance.
Stasha
Whenever I take so long to complete a book, it's usually because upon starting it, I realise that I'm not really into it, but since I'm one who likes to finish what I start, I continue like a trooper.However painstaking it may be.

"Twice Kissed" just happened to be one of those. I'm a big Lisa Jackson fan, but this one just didn't sit well with me : (
Ashley
My run-ins with Lisa Jackson books just seems to be on a steady decline as I'm unable to un-twine the books in my head and I'm barely making myself finish them at this point.
Did I burn myself out? Or is her writing just a constant rehashing of previous plots arcs?
VLynch
I love Lisa Jackson books.. but.... this one did not appeal to me as much as her other books. I liked the characters, but the entire book was missing something. This was just an off book for me, not horrible but not what I would refer to as Lisa Jackson's best.
Linda
I rteally don't like doping reviews.. My taste may not be the same as yours.. I may lover something and you might think it is "off". So for the most part, Iwill be keeping my comments to myself.
If I REALLY love or REALLY dislike it will show in my ratings.

Easy fast read that is a mystery/romance story. Maggie and Marquise are twins who over their lives have been involved with the same man, Thane. Marquise disappears and Maggie and Thane team up to find her. Nothing spectacular - but it kept me engaged.
Chana
Pretty decent romantic suspense novel. I liked the characters and found myself involved with their stories and welfare, particularly Maggie and Thane, also Becca. I liked the twin angle also; good twin, bad twin, mirror image twins. It worked nicely.
  • Unseen
  • Forgotten
  • Kiss Her Goodbye
  • Dead Run
  • Inferno
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • No One Left to Tell
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Magic (Rainbow Chasers, #4)
  • Missing
  • Tempting Evil (Prison Break Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7)
  • Bait
  • Play Dirty
  • Dying Scream
Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, grew up in a small timber town in Oregon. She attended Oregon State University and later worked in the banking industry.
In 1983, Jackson's first novel, A Twist of Fate, was published by Silhouette Books. Currently, Jackson writes contemporary romantic suspense novels for Kensington Books and medieval romantic suspense novels for Onyx Books. Her books regul...more
More about Lisa Jackson...
Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) Malice (New Orleans, #6) Almost Dead (San Francisco, #2) Chosen To Die (To Die, #2) Left To Die (To Die, #1)