Start by marking “Twice Kissed” as Want to Read:
Twice Kissed

Twice Kissed

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,085 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Mirror, Mirror . . .

Marquise Walker has vanished without a trace. There are few clues and much speculation on her sudden disappearance. But the truth is more terrifying than anyone can even imagine. . . .

On The Wall . . .

Maggie McCrae would do anything to find her identical twin sister--even if it means stepping into her unfamiliar shoes. Walking through Marquise's wild
Published August 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Kissed

Gina
Not as great as I was lead to believe…

While feeding her horses, a voice floats through Maggie’s mind. It had been years since she felt it for the last time. Her twin-sister’s voice. Her sister is in trouble. And she’s blaming her ex-husband, Thane Walker, the man Maggie had fallen in love with years ago. Not long after she hears the voice, Thane shows up on her doorstep; just before she disappeared, Marquise and Thane had gotten into an awful fight, and now the police believe him to be their num
Susan Schnelbach
It's okay, but not great. I'll finish it but the characters are not very sympathetic or even likable most of the time. I think it may be because the character traits are a little too much to the extreme:
1. The male lead (the macho guy) is a little too pushy. He really doesn't have the right to be so angry at the world, when most of what went wrong in his life is his own fault or a direct result of his own actions.
2. The heroine needs to face reality. Why is she finding it so hard to accept that
Deborah
Mar 31, 2010 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suspense & Love story readers
Recommended to Deborah by: Linda Mason
Shelves: suspense
Love, suspense, deceit, betrayal, revenge with a western flair keep you guessing to the end. Lisa Jackson writes a good easy reading story.
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Widowed heroine sees her 1st love after many years since he & her twin sister got married. Hero got her twin sister pregnant after 1 drunken night after he & heroine were forced to separate by her father. Hero asks heroine for help in finding his missing ex-wife. Their search for heroine's twin sister turns up evidence that point to her twin's dastardly actions as well as stirring major issues from Hero & heroine's past r/s.

I had mixed feelings about this Jackson book. It was writte
Rashmi Ananthakrishna
I wanted to read this book as i had found the plot interesting as i read in back cover. But once i started reading, i was disappointed. It was not as interesting as it promised to be. Starting part till where Maggie reaches Denver seemed interesting, but later on it was dragged too much with the feelings maggie and Thane have for each other, Becca staying with her cousin and then running away from there (this part didn't make any sense). There was a part where Maggie decided to walk in her twin ...more
Katie
Apr 15, 2015 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't leave much impression on me, beyond irritation with the characters. It wasn't really a bad read, I just got tired of Maggie continually refusing to believe the worst about her sister or that Thane loved her, not M.T.
Latesha
Nov 07, 2013 Latesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book started off slow....held my interest......a good read....Lisa Jackson has better books
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 Sandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Boring at first. But it got better. For fans of Tami Hoag. 2.5/5 stars.
Jovdb
Feb 14, 2016 Jovdb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical mystery, romance by Lisa Jackson.

Twin sisters have a disturbed history. One twin, Mary Theresa (Marquise), became a T V personality. The other, Maggie, leads a quieter, more conventional life: gets married, has a child, gets divorced.

Their childhood is complicated and entwined when MT, steals Maggie's one true love, Thane.

Years later, MT, sends Maggie a telepathic message asking for help and laying the blame on Thane. Subsequently, MT disappears.

Thane and Maggie reunite to find MT.

A very
Paula
Apr 29, 2009 Paula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
quicky no brainer...bit harlequinish
Samantha
Oct 23, 2015 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was rather disappointed in this book.

It was boring yet just interesting enough to keep me reading but it was also very frustrating.

The things that were glaring to me was that she just would not listen when he tried to tell her how he really felt, she just shut down and refused to believe it. Though, what happened in their past, I could kind of understand it but, at the same time, you’re a grown woman with a thirteen year old daughter. Stop acting like a child and listen.

Then, the guy had this
Carissa Anne
Feb 15, 2011 Carissa Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Anita
Mar 25, 2014 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
Twice Kisses suffers from extraneous narrative and would have been a great book if it could have been cut by about 150 pages. The plot is great but it suffers from excessive verbiage. Feel free to scan read major parts of this book. The story did not give up its' secrets easily and most of them, not till the end. This is a very good read.

Maggie and Mary Theresa (aka Marquise) are mirror image, identical twins. M.T has always been the more out there of the twins, sucking in all the light and air
Joanne
Feb 17, 2015 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glamorous TV star Marquise has vanished without a trace. Her ex-husband Thane contacts her twin sister to help find her and the truth. Is this a stunt, is she dead, has she been kidnapped or is she lying hurt somewhere? Her twin Maggie ends up finding out more than she wants about her sisters life but is she now in danger also?
Joyce
Mar 09, 2014 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical chick lit. The heroine is a mirror twin who's reverse image not only stole her 'true love' but also married him. She is now missing and the heroine plus hero (first love) are searching for her. They rekindle their relationship of years earlier as they evade the police and continue their search. Lots of genre twists and turns before the novel ends.
Joan
Dec 07, 2015 Joan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this must be one of Lisa Jackson's older books. The plot is engrossing and thoroughly developed; but the character-development is not as complete or thorough as Jackson's characters usually are. The writing style is less smooth and polished as well. That said, this is still a very enjoyable novel.
Blender
There were so many thoughts going on in this book it was hard to follow. My heart broke for Thane and Maggie...so much pain and so many lost years... The epilogue was great just wish it was a little longer considering how much angst this book put me through...
Alasandra Alawine
Dec 31, 2014 Alasandra Alawine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Maggie's identical twin goes missing she rushes to Denver in the company of her lost love to find her. Seems like Marquis has lead a life of deception and as Maggie unravels the deceit from the past she will rekindle her relationship with Thane Walker.
Alex is The Romance Fox
October has been a mad month for me....starting a new business so no time to buy any new books..so rereading some books that I have enjoyed.
I have read most of this author's books so i know what to expect....romance,mystery,suspense and this book has all of that.
Story about twins...one good, one bad.....who have a love/hate relationship.
Maggie is searching for her sister who has gone missing. With the help of her sister's ex-husband, who she has been in love all her life, they embark on a journ
Jennifer Gelert
A set of twins. Both beautiful with two different views on life and family. They can even speak to each other through their thoughts. When Maggie is told her sister has disappeared and there is no trace of her, she decides along with her only love of her life (and her sister's ex husband) to try and find out where she is. Drama, lies, questions but in the end true love wins out.

I really loved the characters and how we would go back into the past so it would be easier to understand why things wer
Anna Mcfadden
Dec 08, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
T.V. news women Marquise Walker disappears without a trace. When her twin Maggie McCrae will do anything it takes to find her even if she has to work with the 1 man she shouldn't trust Thane Walker the only man she ever love
Joyce McKune
Apr 12, 2016 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Another can't put down thriller! Decades after Thane had jilted her and married her sister, he came to Maggie to help. clear his name because Mary Theresa had disappeared.
Peggy
Sep 18, 2014 Peggy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It looks like it took me a long time to read but actually it didn't I was away for most of this time. Not one of my Favorites of Lisa's books I'm not a big fan of jumping back and fourth in time and Maggie can't traust Thane but will hop in bed with him with one kiss.
Jamie Ander
Jun 10, 2015 Jamie Ander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this, the twists were definitely exciting. This book dragged me to read more books by Lisa Jackson.
Yvonne
Apr 26, 2014 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery/romance/suspense all together...love it. I plan to read more of Lisa Jackson's novels.
Becky
Oct 29, 2014 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fail. Not the best, I kept waiting for something exciting to happen and it never did
Sharon Williams
Aug 26, 2015 Sharon Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down! Where did the twin disappear to?
Connie
Aug 21, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of Lisa Jackson's books have unusual plot twists!
Jenaya
May 30, 2014 Jenaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book...I have never read anything by lisa before..but I loved it...makes me want more
Tiffany Karafinski
okay book... to be honest I skimmed thru some of it
2015 Reading Chal...: Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson 1 4 Jun 14, 2015 06:56PM
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Dying Breath
  • Blind Spot
  • Killer Takes All (Stacy Killian, #2)
  • Scent of Danger
  • A Love Stolen
  • Deadlock
  • Still Waters
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Missing
  • Whirlpool
  • The Bride In Blue
  • Lady Whilton's Wedding
  • Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)
  • Heaven Forbids
  • Bait

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver. She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a nationa

More about Lisa Jackson...