Start by marking “Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator” as Want to Read:
Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator

Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Using simple language that beginning readers can understand, this lively, inspiring, and believable biography looks at the childhood of Amelia Earhart. Illustrated throughout.
Published February 1st 2000 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Earhart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Earhart

Helen Keller's Teacher by Margaret DavidsonThe Heart Has Reasons by Mark KlempnerEleanor Roosevelt by Ann WeilBen Franklin by Augusta StevensonTom Jefferson by Helen Albee Monsell
Biographies for Kids
7th out of 68 books — 26 voters
West with the Night by Beryl MarkhamMy Journey to Lhasa by Alexandra David-NéelThe Valleys of the Assassins by Freya StarkStraight on Till Morning by Mary S. LovellEighty Days by Matthew Goodman
Trailblazing Women Adventurers
67th out of 257 books — 119 voters

More lists with this book...

Shira
Jun 18, 2010 Shira rated it it was amazing
Remember falling in love with biographies after reading this one, my first. I think I read back in junior high but there are many updated versions as well. Inspiring!
Ashley Hinton
Dec 08, 2009 Ashley Hinton rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
This story is a biography about one of the most famous women in American History during the 1930s. Amelia Earhart was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic, across the united states and was also the first person to talk on a two way radio while flying. She was a hero to many women in how she always encouraged women to gain a career and follow their dreams. Her main goal was to fly solo around the world. She didn't make it, for her plane crashed instead. Her memory still lives on. this ...more
Jenny
Jun 29, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
Purchased for niece, thought I might as well read it first myself. This is a delightful and inspiring book for young readers. Not only does it describe Earhart's accomplishments, it gives details of her difficult childhood and challenges she had to overcome. throughout her life. I very much enjoyed this book.
Megan
Feb 29, 2016 Megan rated it really liked it
I rated this five stars for two reasons. 1: It was a very good book, and I loved reading it, and 2:I LOVE reading about Amelia Earhart! She's SO amazing! She's SO cool! I love how she decided to break the rules woman usually followed in that time, and she became a pilot. It's a super awesome story!
Maddox Carlson
Jan 04, 2014 Maddox Carlson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
It was a really good book. I liked it because it was really interesting to learn about Amelia Earhart.
Nora
May 23, 2012 Nora rated it liked it
Shelves: free-reading, history
MCL. When she flew across the ocean she ate hard-boiled eggs and hot tomato juice. I would pick something different to eat, but it probably kept her from being hungry.
Schylar
May 21, 2012 Schylar rated it really liked it
I really Liked this book. It was really good but until I read this I didn't know she had so many family troubles. But it was a good book.
Kristin
Aug 06, 2009 Kristin rated it liked it
I don't like non fiction very much... but this was a pretty good book.
Charles Black
Charles Black rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Denilson
Denilson rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Brenda
Brenda added it
Aug 10, 2016
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Dina Chiellino
Dina Chiellino marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Cortney Hellmich
Cortney Hellmich marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Kiwipuff Voldemort
Kiwipuff Voldemort rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Bri Nicole
Bri Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
K.T
K.T rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Sus
Sus added it
Apr 18, 2016
Sarah Stechschulte
Sarah Stechschulte marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Dunia Villegas Almendarez
Dunia Villegas Almendarez rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Pablo
Pablo marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born in Glendale, California, Beatrice grew up in Southern California. After graduating from Pomona College, she worked in publishing near San Francisco. There she met and married Robert Gormley, and they moved to Massachusetts. They have two daughters.
Since age 9 Beatrice had wanted to become a writer. But it wasn't until after her children were born that she really focused on her writing. In 1
More about Beatrice Gormley...