Start by marking “Blood Relations (Torie O'Shea, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blood Relations (Torie O'Shea, #6)

Blood Relations (Torie O'Shea #6)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In Rett MacPherson’s charming cozy mysteries, genealogist Torie O’Shea always seems to be right in the middle of it all in the goings-on in New Kassel, Missouri. When a drought hits the tiny river town and the depth of the mighty Mississippi lowers, Torie is one of the first on the scene to see what the water has revealed: the decades-old wreckage of a riverboat. Soon, the ...more
Published April 7th 2003 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Relations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Relations

Patty
Torie O'Shea is the resident historian/genealogist for the small town of New Kassel, MO. When a paddle-steamboat that sunk 80 years ago is uncovered because the Mississippi is very low Torie is drawn into the mysteries that surrounded the tragedy. The two biggest mysteries are why did the boat sink and is there really a fortune in diamonds missing?

Torie's life also has some turmoil, upsetting her own family tree. Sylvia, her boss, is still mourning the loss of her sister and has a much smaller r
Pamela Mclaren
The sixth in the Torie O'Shea Mysteries. Torie is a historian who works for a historical society in small town New Kassel, Missouri. During a tour she meets a young woman who tells her that she is her sister. Reeling from that, Torie is taken again when she finds out that the Mississippi River has lowered far enough to expose a paddleboat steamer that sank eighty years before. Soon the town is overrun with reporters and townspeople and reporters alike are asking "Where are the diamonds?" that su ...more
Peg
This is the 6th book in this Torie O'Shea series. I had to read it in bits and pieces around a busy travel and work schedule; still I was able to follow and enjoy it. Still, I think this is a better fireplace reader than a fit in the schedule reader. But perhaps you could say that of any whodunit. Found out that Torie O'Shea likes Red Velvet cake. No wonder I like her!
Debra
When the Mississippi River gets low enough to expose the Phantom, a wrecked riverboat, genealogist Torie O'Shea finds herself delving into the mystery of the lost diamonds, believed to still be in the decades-old wreck. In addition, she is surprised by the existence of a new sister--one she knew nothing about for the last 30 years!
Diane Heath
This is one of the "missing middle" books that I am using to catch up on Torie's life. This one explains how an only child suddenly has a sister. Torie's adjustment to this change in her family tree also becomes a connection to the sinking of a steamboat in 1919, missing diamonds and a murder...
Kay
Aug 20, 2011 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
These books are so entertaining and light and more enjoyable than a Carol Higgens Clark or Selma Eichler one. It helps that I love genealogy and mysteries.
Linda
I just love this series about genealogist Torie O'Shea. Since I love mysteries and I love genealogy, this series is a match made in heaven!
Leslie
Light, pleasant reading. I've read several entries in this series previously, so I know what to expect, and she never disappoints.
Sarah Jones
My first Torie O'Shea mystery book. A lot of fun. I will read another.
Kristie
realistic main character
interesting historical aspects
genealogical angle
Janice
Love Rett MacPherson! She always keeps me guessing!
Tereese
One question. What happened to the diamond?
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Genny
Genny marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Linda Harmon
Linda Harmon marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
  • Death on the Family Tree (Family Tree, #1)
  • Nothing Personal
  • Deadly Appraisal (Josie Prescott, #2)
  • Backstab (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #1)
  • Plagued By Quilt (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Spanish Dagger (China Bayles, #15)
  • A Playdate With Death (A Mommy-Track Mystery #3)
  • The Celtic Riddle (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #4)
  • Hark! The Herald Angel Screamed (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • Merry, Merry Ghost (Bailey Ruth, #2)
  • The Mercy Oak (Bay Tanner, #8)
  • Silver Lies (Silver Rush, #1)
  • St. Patrick's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #14)
  • The Nail Knot (Fly Fishing Mysteries)
  • A Bloodhound To Die For
Rett MacPherson was born in Saint Louis, Missouri. She is the author of the popular Torie O'Shea mysteries and helped to pioneer the sub-genre of genealogical mysteries. She is also a bead and fabric artist and loves wineries, cemeteries, genealogy, history and of course, books.
More about Rett MacPherson...

Torie O'Shea (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Family Skeletons (Torie O'Shea, #1)
  • A Veiled Antiquity (Torie O'Shea, #2)
  • A Comedy of Heirs (Torie O'Shea, #3)
  • A Misty Mourning (Torie O'Shea, #4)
  • Killing Cousins (Torie O'Shea, #5)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Torie O'Shea, #7)
  • Thicker Than Water (Torie O'Shea, #8)
  • Dead Man Running (Torie O'Shea, #9)
  • Died in the Wool (Torie O'Shea, #10)
  • The Blood Ballad (Torie O'Shea, #11)
Family Skeletons (Torie O'Shea, #1) A Comedy of Heirs (Torie O'Shea, #3) A Veiled Antiquity (Torie O'Shea, #2) A Misty Mourning (Torie O'Shea, #4) The Blood Ballad (Torie O'Shea, #11)