A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed, #6)

A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed #6)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,079 ratings  ·  37 reviews
A Girl Like You (A Donovan Creed Novel) is the next step in the evolution of hit man and former CIA assassin, Donovan Creed.

When Rachel Case goes to the doctor for a routine blood test, scientists are astonished to learn she possesses a gene no one else on earth seems to have—a gene that holds the key to protecting the world from the deadliest pandemic in history. When go...more
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

Eric_W
Here’s another contender for the best opening line to a book: “MOST PEOPLE WOULD think getting bit on the balls by a water moccasin while sitting on the toilet in their own home would be the worst thing that could happen that day.” Sam Case learns the hard way that not helping Donovan Creed may reap all sorts of bad things. Including the fake amputation of his leg.

Again, I really am enjoying John Locke’s Donovan Creed series. And what a deal: all are available for $.99 for your Kindle. As I hav...more
Giovanni Gelati
I have some new things to talk about; yes besides the stuff I yapped about last week, yes, it is true. New stuff already! Here is the deal; I am adding a new segment to my blogtalk show, it is going to be all about writing process. Basically a panel of authors is going to discuss a facet of writing each month and hopefully something new can be learned and we can each get something from it. Let’s face it, gas is going through the roof, trying to get to one of these authorfests is tough and costly...more
Michelle Johnson
This one was the best Donovan Creed so far. I was hooked within minutes.

Even when I'm reading other books, I reach for Donovan Creed first.

Yes, he's twisted. Yes, it's full of ridiculous scenarios.

But this book is a wild, fun ride on an adventure roller coaster.

Every page leaves waiting for the next surprise.

I especially love how Donovan is becoming nice, dare I say? I love his character. And I love John Locke's writing.

The only thing that keeps it from five stars is my own ego. How can I g...more
Beth (Beth~a~holic)
Throughout the series, Locke's books have mutated into quirky pieces of "art". Well art might be a strong word but let me explain. As with most art, you stand back in admiration of somebody else's creativity. That is the same way I feel when reading a Creed novel.

Even though this book was short and sweet, with under 200 pages, it still had a lot of action, sharp humor and skin-crawling suspense. It is a bit cheesy (yet funny) that Creed makes numerous references to "a book he's read (or will wri...more
Ken Rossignol
Another unpredictable book from John Locke. Following the journey to track down his kidnapped girlfriend, Donovan Creed exercises his great powers at breaking into homes and cutting off legs to bring about the extraction of information from those who always know what is best for mankind. One lesson of this novel is that government officials who are willing to allow you to make a sacrifice for the good of humanity don't want to be the first in line for that stuff. Don't miss this book.
Rebecca Saxton
Absolutely wild, laugh out loud fun to read. I recommend for anyone looking for a quick read with non stop action.
Gordon Wulff
Another roller coaster that never disappoints . There is a reason he is a best selling Author and has a loyal cadre of OOU's following his very new release .

A new Author creating the same buzz and sharing similar rankings .

Without by E.E. Borton Without
Suffer by E.E. Borton Suffer
Abomination by E.E. Borton Abomination
E.E. Borton
Harry
Continuing with my pursuit of the lone Hero (see reviews for Joe Pike novels, John Rain novels, and Jack Reacher novels) Donovan Creed is probably the most unique character I came across.

I'd never heard of John Locke until I received my Kindle DX in the mail. Locke made his fame and fortune self-publishing his books in the Kindle world. For the Kindle, his books are ridiculously inexpensive (around $0.99 to $1.99). I was surprised at what I read and hooked from the start. Unlike my other series...more
Stefani
Another quicky read with Donovan Creed, perfect after 2 long memoirs that were not feel good!!
amber
I'm not going to lie...the Donovan Creed series has very little literary value... I felt like I was potentially getting dumber as I read them:)

That being said...they are short, entertaining (in that perfectly mindless sort of way...I enjoy a good mindless read occasionally), and best of all, they're only .99 each on the Kindle! Most entertaining $7 I've spent in awhile...and the 7 books lasted me a full week:)
Patress Persons
This was my first John Locke novel. It was quite enjoyable right up until I got to the final chapters - the intrigue fell apart and I think he had a difficult time ending the novel, however the last paragraph builds the intrigue right back up for the next book. I think I will try the first novel in the series to see how that book was since A Girl Like you is actually book 6 of the series....
Donna Halloran
I hadn't read a donovan creed novel before. It was a stunningly fast read. I liked the story ok, but I didn't love the characters. Maybe I had to read the other ones first to get to know Creed better. One thing, I feel like I have a pretty good idea of past books so I suspect to read these in order might be a little frustrating because there is probably a fair amount of rehashing past stories
Eric Thomasma
Another solid, fun story from John Locke. Not that murder, mayhem, extortion, kidnapping, and government conspiracies are usually thought of a fun topics, but when someone like Donovan Creed is involved... Scratch that. There is no one like Donovan Creed. A highly enjoyable story filled with twists, turns, and switchbacks. Hang onto your seat, you're in for a wild ride.
Steve S. Grant
‘A girl like you’ is the first book I bought on my new Kindle. This is like renting ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ the first time you go the video store (which I also did). Did I like the story? I am shocked by the entertainment value of Mr. Creed’s adventures. What a great way to discover talented authors.
K.R. Bankston
The book was a great read, honestly I'm a little pissy about the ending, but even that I'll chuckle about. Loved Donovan's character. Everyone meshed well and the humor was just in the right places. Definitely worth the time and effort to enjoy it. Great job!! I definitely recommend it!
BridgetT
once I started Donovan Creed (or whatever his name is) i was hooked. John Locke is a truly LOL writer. his stories are delicioulsy unbelievable (and i do mean unbelievable) in the most entertaining, thrilling and gripping way. i have them all, and read them back to back.
Hudson Murrell
good again. rather addicting. not HUGE on the 'back story,' but we're getting bits and pieces. His girlfriend's husband, Sam, long out of the picture, continues to figure a bit too prominently for my liking. Creed is his usual superman-self. Doesn't dissapoint.
Nikki
This was the first book by John Locke. It was chosen a book club reading. The book was fun and I love Donovan Creed. He's something. You can't really describe him. Locke did an excellent good with Donovan's character. I love suspense and murder mysteries.
Nigel
That's more like it.. Creed is back, and on form. What more can you say great to see that this book brings us back on track and back back to the authors best, bring on the next!
Melissa
As one person wrote, this is not literary genius. However, it is simple fun and entertainment. Thought this was the best one, then I read the next in the series...
Melissa
I loved this book in the Donovan Creed series better than Saving Rachel: I really enjoyed the Spanish Flu angle and would've liked to read more of the scientific side.
Rebecca Sailsbury
This book really kept you moving through it, just like most of his books. But then it just kind of ended. All the build up and no big ending.
Kathy
Took me a while to get into this book. Once there I started to enjoy it and do intend to read more of these books. Good suspense and romance.
David Donaghe
John Locke does it again with another fast paces entertaining read. Down load it now at Amazon.com for only 99 cents.
Carl
Another wild ride with Donovan Creed. More outrageous and unbelievable action from the mind of John Locke.
Kathy
I haven't desided whether I like these or not (it's like a series, but each book can stand alone as well).
Teresa
Just a fun silly book. I love to ready John Locke after a serious book. He never fails to make me laugh.
Kris
I just love the Donovan Creed series. This one was especially good. A good, quick read.
Debra Smagacz
Disappointing. Enjoyed the first of his I read. You get what you pay for.(free)
Erin
Love this series. Super fast, fun, light read!! Read all the books in a few weeks!
  • Call Me
  • The Devil's Hour (Laura Cardinal #3)
  • Dying for Justice (Detective Jackson Mystery, #5))
  • Get Some
  • Disturbed Earth
  • Deceitful Moon
  • Sugar & Spice
  • Big Lake
  • Ongezien
  • Burn Out (Rachel Scott, #2)
  • Pinpoint
  • Tyce
  • A Dozen Deadly Roses
  • Spoilt
  • Fifth Avenue (Fifth Avenue #1)
  • Accidents Waiting to Happen
  • Riptide
  • The Abbey
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread for more information. This is the novelist (2x spaces), not the philosopher (1x space).

New York Times best-selling author John Locke is the international best-selling author of sixteen books in four different genres. He is the 8th author in history to have sold one million eBooks on Kindle. Loc...more
More about John Locke...
Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed, #3) Promise You Won't Tell? Lethal People (Donovan Creed, #1) Wish List (Donovan Creed, #5) Lethal Experiment (Donovan Creed, #2)