Start by marking “DragonLight” as Want to Read:
DragonLight

DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles #5)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  2,422 ratings  ·  84 reviews
The breathtaking conclusion to the DragonKeeper chronicles!

The fantastic land of Amara is recovering from years of war as well as from the spiritual apathy corroding the Amarans’ hearts. With Kale and her father serving as dragon keepers for Paladin, the dragon populace has exploded. It’s a peaceful, exciting time of rebuilding. And yet, an insidious, unseen evil lurks jus
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 21st 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about DragonLight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DragonLight

Becky
I want to love these books, I really do. I've found so much to like in each of them, but I just can't get past the heavy-handed preaching. In this last one we find out that it's not just wrong to disagree with the mainstream religion, diversity of thought is more evil than a mountain-sized, man-eating dragon. I find that kind of message more terrifying than the lackluster villains in these books. Evidently, it's ok to look and act differently, as long as your beliefs fall in line with the "corre ...more
Janna
Some of you have probably heard of the Dragon Keeper Chronicles Series by Donita Paul. It is an amazing series that currently has 5 books in it - DragonSpell DragonQuest DragonKnight DragonFire DragonLight We enter the world of Amara with Knights, Wizards, Dragons and of course clear lines drawn between good and evil. Donita has created many kinds of creatures and other amazing characters that take us through many adventures. One of my favorite parts is definitely the dragons themselves. There a ...more
Robert
Timothy Stone
Very rarely have I been more disappointed with any story than I was with DragonLight by Donita K. Paul. This final volume in her popular five-book Dragon Keeper Chronicles series had such a promising plot, and such an unfortunately bad follow-through.

To summarize the plot without giving too much away, there is a cult growing in the land of Amara. This group, called "the Followers" seeks to subvert the teachings of Wulder, the one-true Creator and God, and also to exterminate the dragon populatio
Morgan
The Dragon Keeper Chronicles has taken me on a delightful journey that sadly has finally come to an end. Well, it hasn't really come to an end. I still have the last two books from the library and keep picking them up and rereading my favorite bits. DragonLight was a worthy continuation that I greatly enjoyed, and I'm sad to have to say goodbye to Kale and Bardon.

Writing: 4/5

The writing is really pretty much the same as always. I suppose I can mention here the flaws in her climaxes. Donita K. Pa
Gloria
Oct 17, 2014 Gloria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone; fantasy lovers; dragon aficionados
DragonLight begins sometime after the events of DragonFire, but we are not told how long ago those events were.

There are several enemies and insidious purposes revealed in this book as well as some delightful surprises and restorations.

I really liked how they all stay together and most of the time worked together to resolve the issues that sprung up. I know a prior book, had a lot of "Wulder's principles", and while this book has a lot of them as well, they seem more put into practice then just
Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
Having read the whole series and comparing each book, I think I liked the storylines here in DragonLight the best out of the entire series. The quest for the meech colony was interesting and quite different from the storylines of the previous books. It was also interesting to see how things played out with the introduction of the "Followers", who in many (unfortunate) ways seem like a modern day cult. Kale and Bardon's attention and efforts focus on both of these storylines through-out the book. ...more
Sandy Lender
Apr 26, 2009 Sandy Lender rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults, adults
Recommended to Sandy by: no one
It's a little difficult to tell who the main character is, but I'm selecting Kale, the dragon keeper. Her husband, Bardon, vies for this position as the two head off on a quest to help their meech dragon friends Gilda and Reginor get to a legendary meech colony in the north where Gilda can present her egg. It's a cool quest. But there's bad stuff going on in their land. People calling themselves "Followers" are spreading a message contrary to Paladin's teachings. They think wizards like Kale and ...more
Bill Tillman
Feb 20, 2010 Bill Tillman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves fantasy and dragons.
Recommended to Bill by: A Christian writer.
The fantastic land of Amara is recovering from years of war inflicted on its citizens by outside forces–as well as from the spiritual apathy corroding the Amarans’ hearts. With Kale and her father serving as dragon keepers for Paladin, the dragon populace has exploded. It’s a peaceful, exciting time of rebuilding. And yet, an insidious, unseen evil lurks just beneath the surface of the idyllic countryside.

Truth has never been more important, nor so difficult to discern.

As Kale and her father ar
Amy ♥♫
Awww . . . it's over now. :( But I know that I will definitely be on the look-out for the the whole series at a bookstore as I definitely want to add them to my collection. :D This joins Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings on my list of favorite fantasy series!!! XD I'm sure both Tolkien and Lewis would be proud to have Donita K. Paul join their ranks as great fantasy authors. I want to see this series made into movies even more now. Who's with me on that?

Speaking of, I've already st
Kiersten
I really, deeply enjoyed this whole series. The story is really interesting, as is the entire world the author has created. The names are always fun and unusual. She did a great job on the characters - they actually do mature, they're [for the most part] genuinely likable, and they're talented and capable but in no way infallible.
All the books are practically rolling in symbolism, but Donita did a really good job of subtly integrating it with the story so it's clear, but interesting and not too
Molly Evangeline
DragonLight, the 5th and final book was amazing. I’d say every bit as good as book 3, which was my favorite. It was very different from the others and fascinating. I really enjoyed the rather twisting plot in this one. And, of course, how could I not love reading more about Kale and Bardon after they were apart for so much of book 4? The two of them were constantly making me giggle or grin. Just ask my mom. I was probably grinning every time she walked by me. The only complaint I have about the ...more
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
This final (5th) book in the Dragonkeeper Chronicles ties up all the loose knots that have been building through the past 4 books. Bardon decides that Kale and he needs to get out of the house, mainly because she is too dense to realize she is prego... Again, I'm not her race, but REALLY? Kale is a bit anti-quest, but decides to go along with her husband.
Along the way, they discover some amazing things about themselves, their friends, and the little child growing inside of Kale.
But of course,
Carli J
Jessamyn
Elizabeth
As Kale and her father are busy hatching, bonding, and releasing the younger generation of dragons as helpers throughout the kingdom, the light wizard has little time to develop her skills.

Her husband, Sir Bardon-despite physical limitations resulting from his bout with the stakes disease-has become a leader, serving on the governing board under Paladin.

When Kale and Bardon set aside their daily responsibilities to join meech dragons Regidor and Gilda on a quest to find a hidden meech colony, t
Meldarion Sidhiel
While I enjoyed the first book in this series, my enjoyment steadily declined from book to book.
Foreshadowing is non-existent in most cases, but where it does appear, it is pounded into the readers face. Many the major conflicts in the story are resolved either through Deus ex Machina or by side characters (making the series main characters, Kale and Bardon, feel either superfluous or like a glorified transport service, depending on the context).
It felt (to me) as if the author continued writing
Grace
This book really brought the whole series together. I think as a whole I enjoyed the series. I dislike that the characters in the book aged but it never seemed like they matured. If that makes any sense. I think they were close to 30 years old in this book and they were still childish in many ways.

I gave this book 4 stars because Donita really brought a few mysteries out with a big bang. I wish she would have been able to do that with all of her book series. Many things did not get resolved unt
Bethany Phillips
I loved this conclusion to one of my favorite series in the fantasy genre.

This book really ended the series in a very good way. Concluded everything nicely.

The characters had to deal with a lot in this book. They did handle it all the best that they could. Some of the characters have an amazing things in them that you never expect they have in them until the end.

There was a lot of twists and turns in this book and it was amazing. Sad to be done this series because it was an awesome series.
Keflan
This was the last and 5th book in the Dragonkeeper Chronicles. Frankly I was sorry at the end to know that the series was over in that I have truly enjoyed it. This last book was no exception. True to form Ms. Paul had me caring deeply about all the characters, whether that care be positive or negative. The parts with Paladin were really quite inspiring. I understand that her next series will take place in the same world and I am anxiously awaiting the return trip. Recommended for all ages. 9/10
Candi
I loved it. The characters I fall in love with in every book. Even the main ones I love even more....except Gilda, I loved Bardon and Kale...Toopka...all of them!! The story was amazingly written, it grips you and pulls you into the world if Amara, I felt like one of them. I'd either be an O'rant or Emerlindian. :) I don't know what else to say, it was so great and amazing. It....I can't find the right words to express it...Wulder and Paladin...no words.....recommend highly!!
Marliss
I really enjoyed this whole series, and so did my two youngest daughters. In fact, my 14yo is doing the summer reading program at our local library so she can earn enough B&N gift cards to buy all the books.

I don't know how much children recognize the sound doctrine and wisdom that Donita Paul incorporates in her books, but I know that it must have an influence on them because it comes from noble and likeable characters that they would want to emulate. Well done!
Sydney
This book was good, there was one scene in it that probobly I didn't feel very comfortable with. I would definatly not recomend it for anyone under 11 or 12, just because even though no one was bad in what they did, it is somthing that younger chilren should not read about, even though it was mostley imlied. Over all, this series is fun, and not bad to read, but you kind of get hooked on it and it makes you feel down at times. (Especially if you are in to romance.)
Melanie
This is the last book in the Dragon Keeper series.

I really enjoyed this whole series, but for a final book this one kinda fell short for me. So many of the events felt rushed or not explained clearly. The final battle between good and evil was anti-climactic.

I just wish that maybe things had been stretched out into another book so things wouldn't have been rushed.

That being said, it was still a good series overall, and it was worth the read. :)
Rachel
The last of the Dragon Keeper Chronicles books. I enjoyed reading it. I don't remember if it was the case in the previous books, but there wasn't much of a sense of danger in this book. There was a serious enemy they had to fight and there was death, but none of the characters were really concerned about losing. Perhaps the author was trying to portray that they had complete confidence in Wurder and that everything would turn out alright in the end.
Kit
Oh my goodness! There are some big surprises in this one that had me all confused until the very end. It kept me on my the edge of the bed. Kale and Bardon find some new changes in their marriage. If you have read or are planning on reading it I can tell you to only have to deal with one month of this like Kale did in the book, I would be very happy. LOL, don't want to spoil it, but I think Ladies will get my drift when you read it.
Angela
If you love Jesus and love dragons and magic you will love this book
Catherine
Mrs. Paul has done it once again. She has given us an intriguing and exciting blend of adventure, romance, faith, and comedy. Surprises are around every turn of a page. Kale and Co.'s faith is put to the test as they face the biggest challenge yet. New friends are introduced. Pasts are revealed Mysteries are unraveled. A surprise ending caps it all off. Mrs. Paul has created an exciting conclusion to the beloved series.
  • The Candlestone (Dragons in Our Midst, #2)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Father of Dragons (Binding of the Blade #4)
  • The Secret of the Swamp King (The Wilderking Trilogy #2)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
I am an author of Christian Fantasy. My first 7 books were Christian Romance, but I came over to the Dark Side when I heard there were cookies.
More about Donita K. Paul...
DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1) DragonQuest (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #2) DragonKnight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #3) DragonFire (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #4) The Vanishing Sculptor (Valley of the Dragons, #1)