Start by marking “Hidden in a Whisper” as Want to Read:
Hidden in a Whisper

Hidden in a Whisper (Westward Chronicles #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  327 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
More bestselling Harvey Girl fiction with a novel of a woman seeking a new life and the man her heart cannot forget. Westward Chronicles book 2.
Published August 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Hidden in a Whisper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden in a Whisper

Carol
Jun 13, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a sequel to "A shelter of Hope", & it's a really good mystery type book. I had no idea who dun it til the end.

The Prologue takes place in Chicago, in Febuary of 1885. Rachel Taylor's mother had said it was inevitable. She didn't have a high opinion of her looks, but Braeden Parker had pledged her his love. She was waiting for him at the Gazebo on Lake Michigan. A year ago her father had been killed in a freight car accident. Her mother had opened a boardinghouse & always see
Kathryn
Susan
Apparently I don't really enjoy mysteries as much as other genres, because the antagonist purposefully trying to damage the future for others, and not yet discovered bugs me! Then again, maybe it's more the the way she carries out the vendetta she has that offends me. Since I have already read this book and was merely re-reading it, I keep finding myself putting it aside for another less disturbing title regularly!

UPDATE: Okay, I finished it again after all, and had forgotten that the last 1/3 o
Donna Azure
284 pages library
Kathie D
Feb 17, 2016 Kathie D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wordy but good
Tamara Tilley
Jan 27, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tracie-peterson, own
THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES is a delightful three-book series set around The Harvey House, an establishment offering fine dining along the stops of frontier rail travel. Each book highlights a Harvey Girl and the circumstances and situations that brought them to serve at the Harvey House. Originally published in 1999-2000, THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES were re-packaged in 2005. A sucker for the Old West, I enjoyed the simple charm of these books and the loveable characters created by Tracie Peterson.
Marla
Dec 29, 2013 Marla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contains mystery and suspense. Good, Christian principles included throughout but not preachy.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I loved this book. I love Tracie Peterson's style. I found this an interesting addition to the first novel. I liked this book and am glad I read it.
Heather Willson
Could have used scripture better and left opportunities open when she could have testified.
Patsy
Mar 24, 2010 Patsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
To me the latter part of this book was really really good! Couldn't wait to see what happened.
Jenn
Feb 16, 2016 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Great second book to one of my favorite series' by this author! Highly recommend.
Barbara
Jan 26, 2012 Barbara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Description was Historical Novel. Historical setting minimal, religion very prominent
Joy
Apr 07, 2013 Joy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The main character, Rachel, drove me crazy making it hard to read this book.
Akahler03
Akahler03 marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Louise
Louise added it
Jul 22, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Jan Hall
Jan Hall marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Shelly Lisano
Shelly Lisano marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Sue Klasing
Sue Klasing marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Wendy Evans
Wendy Evans rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Jun 17, 2016
Gloria
Gloria added it
Jun 14, 2016
  • Ties That Bind (Ribbons West, #3)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • The Cowboy's Sweetheart (The Cowboy Series, #6)
  • The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1)
  • Walks The Fire (Prairie Winds, #1)
  • Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6)
  • A Dream for Tomorrow (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #2)
  • The Rose Legacy (Diamond of the Rockies, #1)
  • Fiesta Moon (Moonstruck #2)
  • Mail Order Love
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...

Westward Chronicles (3 books)
  • A Shelter of Hope (Westward Chronicles, #1)
  • A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles, #3)