Hidden in a Whisper

Hidden in a Whisper (Westward Chronicles #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  9 reviews
More bestselling Harvey Girl fiction with a novel of a woman seeking a new life and the man her heart cannot forget. Westward Chronicles book 2.
Published August 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers

Kathryn
Susan
Apparently I don't really enjoy mysteries as much as other genres, because the antagonist purposefully trying to damage the future for others, and not yet discovered bugs me! Then again, maybe it's more the the way she carries out the vendetta she has that offends me. Since I have already read this book and was merely re-reading it, I keep finding myself putting it aside for another less disturbing title regularly!

UPDATE: Okay, I finished it again after all, and had forgotten that the last 1/3 o...more
Tamara
THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES is a delightful three-book series set around The Harvey House, an establishment offering fine dining along the stops of frontier rail travel. Each book highlights a Harvey Girl and the circumstances and situations that brought them to serve at the Harvey House. Originally published in 1999-2000, THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES were re-packaged in 2005. A sucker for the Old West, I enjoyed the simple charm of these books and the loveable characters created by Tracie Peterson.
Marla
Contains mystery and suspense. Good, Christian principles included throughout but not preachy.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I loved this book. I love Tracie Peterson's style. I found this an interesting addition to the first novel. I liked this book and am glad I read it.
Heather Willson
Could have used scripture better and left opportunities open when she could have testified.
Patsy
To me the latter part of this book was really really good! Couldn't wait to see what happened.
Barbara
Description was Historical Novel. Historical setting minimal, religion very prominent
Joy
The main character, Rachel, drove me crazy making it hard to read this book.
Mm98115
Mm98115 marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Oksana Gantukh
Oksana Gantukh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Terri
Terri added it
Jul 12, 2014
♥Robin ♥
♥Robin ♥ marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Jolene Boyer
Jolene Boyer marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
  • Westward the Dream (Ribbons West, #1)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Honor's Price (Rocky Mountain Legacy #2)
  • To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)
  • Opal (Dakotah Treasures, #3)
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Whispers Along the Rails (Postcards from Pullman #2)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...
A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1) A Daughter's Inheritance (The Broadmoor Legacy, #1) Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1) Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)