Start by marking “Eye of the Majestic Creature” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Majestic Creature

Eye of the Majestic Creature

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Eye of the Majestic Creature is a collection of semi-autobiographical and fantasy-based comics that combine dry humor, psychedelia, and emotion to show the viewpoint of one person’s world internally and externally. The story follows a young girl, Larrybear, and her talking acoustic guitar Marshmallow on their adventures through the countryside, Chicago, San Francisco and N ...more
Published May 23rd 2011 by Fantagraphics

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the Majestic Creature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the Majestic Creature

mis fit
There's some really Hilarious moments in here.... Plus Stein's drawing style is pretty awesome. Definitely enjoyed this one and looking forward to checking out vol 2!
Great book. Surrealy whimsical, but always grounded in well depicted characters, with real life concerns. And very funny with it. I can imagine a lot of people not really getting it, but I think those that do will really love it.

Disclaimer: Leslie's a friend of mine, I'm pleased to say.

Also! Difficult to write this review as Goodreads is sticking a socking great advert on top of the form.
Not exactly my cup of tea and yet amusing and very true to life. The main character is somebody I would've been great friends with in college and yet no graphic novel really fills that void. That leaves me in a strange spot trying to relate to the stories. Seriously, she's a college roommate of mine and I'd much rather be in touch with who she is today.
I love that she talks to a guitar named Marshmallow. The stories would build and build until something seemed like something was going to happen and then the storyline would end.
Surreal and psychedelic comic featuring lots of anthropomorphic objects, but the stories are somehow mostly autobiographical. Lots of alcohol fueled mayhem and hilarity within.
A strange read to be sure. It seemed to be quasi-autobiographical mashed together with a whole lot of fantasy. The ratio may be like 1:10
A good piece at any rate.
Michael Stevens
just terrible. fantagraphics has done a huge disservice publishing this garbage. avoid!
Brady Dale
You should be so lucky to befriend a marimba.
Awesome awesomeness!
Rodney marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Jeff is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2015
Dan marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Edie marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Skylar marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Impolite Fox
Impolite Fox marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Liz marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015