Start by marking “A Duke's Desire” as Want to Read:
A Duke's Desire

A Duke's Desire

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Anna Carrington is no longer a child, but a marriageable young woman who has loved the Duke of Fairmount for years. She has kept her love for him well hidden, sure that even if, by some miracle, he did return her feelings, his dedication to propriety would never allow him to marry his ward.

Jared St. James is known for his strict adherence to the rules of society and respec
Published March 2011 by Breathless Press

To ask other readers questions about A Duke's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Duke's Desire

Dahlia (yadkny)
Mar 22, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotic Historical Romance Lovers
Jared isn’t sure how Anna will take the news that he has decided it is time for her to be married – he’s not even sure about it himself. Having spent time with her since she was a young girl newly brought under the wing of his guardianship, he hasn’t completely missed the changes both emotionally and physically that she now displays. Now is the most opportune time for her to seek companionship, but having never left his countryside home, therefore never being presented to society properly, could ...more
Book Binge Blog
When I started this book I wasn’t sure what to expect as I love historical romances but this one was so short – how could they possibly tell the story in so short a time? As you can see from the blurb the h/h have known each other for years as the woman is the Duke’s ward. He has been lusting after her since she came of age and has fallen in love with her to boot and she has been in love with him for years.

The Duke finally decides that Anna needs to be his wife and since the subject is burning i
Habrewer
A Duke’s Desire by Liz Cole
* I received a copy of this book from Breathless Press in exchange for an honest review*

Anna loves the freedom she has at the country estate; she doesn’t have to worry if she doesn’t do something that isn’t prim and proper. She has been in love with her guardian forever and dreads the day he tells her it’s time for her to get married.

Jared St James spends most of his time in London fulfilling his obligations as Duke of Fairmount. He has always had a soft spot for his w
The Pen & Muse
Cole provides us with a sweet historical romance chalk full of erotic romance as well. Cole starts us off with an introduction to the stars of this short story, Anna and Jared. Anna is Jared’s ward and he has always had an affection for him. Anna has always liked him as well but both saw the relationship to be inappropriate. Jared’s response? Marry Anna off, but will she like the person that he has chosen for her. Absolutely not! Although Jared is a stickler for the rules which was important bac ...more
Got Romance!  Reviews
Heat Level: Erotic
Other: Oral
Reviewer: S. K. Fero
Date: 3-14-11

Anna Carrington struggles with coming of a marriageable age and knowing she will be expected to marry a man of her guardian’s choice. She already has a man who owns her heart.

Jared St. James struggles with finding the right man to marry his ward. Anna h
Dolce Amore
Written For Confessions From Romaholics

This is a very short historical romance. Jared St. James became Anna’s guardian seven years ago. However, during this time, he comes to love her and now he can’t stand the idea of her married to someone else. So he wants to talk to her about marrying him. Still, he starts that conversation with the worst line:

“I wished to discuss this with you because I have a man in mind for you, and I hope you will find him a … favorable choice.” Anna inhaled sharply. Thi
Breathless Press
Katie, BookingIt--"Anna and Jared have a sweet story that is different than many historical romances. Yes, there is the air of having an inappropriate relationship in high society (a rather common historical romantic theme), but the initial love story is simply endearing. Then, POW! Anna and Jared explode into one of the hottest historical scenes I have read.

If you are looking for a sweet yet catch-your-house-on-fire hot historical romance, A Duke’s Desire is perfect! Definitely pick up this sho
Victoria Vane
This short novella (I think it's about 15K words) had so much potential to be more but there just wasn't enough page time to do the character's and story justice, so it became rather a sex fest.
The intimacy was far too rushed and far too advanced for my preference and the language the hero used was very coarse and vulgar which seemed so out of character from where he began but many readers of erotica seem to enjoy this.
Carrie
The passion was intense and very hot! I'm not a big reader of historical romances, so I'm unfamiliar with the genre. Some of the language used seemed a bit too modern, but again, that may be common in this genre. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a quick read and very entertaining.
Lisa
My only complaint was that it was too short. WARNING--Chance of spontaneous combustion... My favorite type---hot, hot sex HEA ending
Danielle Lisle
I really liked this short. It was full of passion and desire and i at no time questioned the actions of the leds. A true plesure to read.
Rachael
This was a fast read. Very Hot! Great story!
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Black
Black marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Samantha Markham
Samantha Markham marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Liz Cole was born and raised in a small town in upstate New York. Her love of romance—the steamier the better—began in her early teens, but it wasn’t until she left her job as a secretary to dedicate herself to being a stay-at-home mom to her to young children that her writing career began. It started with a story rolling around in her head which refused to be ignored. Desperate to turn her mind t ...more
More about Liz Cole...