Start by marking “You Gotta Sin to Get Saved” as Want to Read:
You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  345 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Charlotte Rodgers has always wanted too much. Too much love, too much attention, and had too many big dreams. It was how she ended up abandoning her two daughters, Connie and Reesy to chase after a man and the promise of a dream life. But Charlotte never anticipated how her world would be irrevocably changed. Now, twenty-seven years later, her whole world shifts yet again ...more
Published April 14th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about You Gotta Sin to Get Saved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

Tamara
Nardsbaby Reader
because...because...because...,

Attention seeking, obsessive and low expectations describe the Rodgers women. For Charlotte, the matriarch, she wants what she wants and really doesn't stop to think how it may affect or cost others. It was that way when she left Denver twenty-seven years ago to follow Sam, leaving her young daughters to fend for themselves. Now that Reesy, her baby girl, has found her, she is looking forward to being back in their lives.

Reesy is so bent on finding her mother that
Robyns1
Sep 06, 2014 Robyns1 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow... this book dragged me way down. I got into it just enough that I had to see it through--I felt obligated to get the characters out of their horrible situations. Ugh. I really enjoyed the last few pages (Finally! Some hope!). But some of the characters were such awful examples of human beings it just made me angry and disgusted.

Also, too many "C" names: Charlotte, Connie, Clarisse, Cammy, Cookie. Gah. Hard to keep straight.
Tanisa Bernard
Dec 09, 2012 Tanisa Bernard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mason is so motivating, i keep pushing toward a new day waiting on her next novel:)!
Cee Cee
Jan 08, 2009 Cee Cee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Cee by: MYSELF
tHIS BOOK WAS GOOD I HOPE THERE IS A SEQUEL.
OOSA
Dec 20, 2009 OOSA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Past is Never Really the Past,

With YOU GOTTA SIN TO GET SAVED, J.D. Mason brings her unexpected trilogy to a close. In the small town of Murphy, Kansas, lives Charlotte Rodgers, a woman running from her disturbing past. Hundreds of miles away in Denver, Colorado, are her daughters, Connie and Reesy, remnants of her past. When Charlotte abandoned Denver many years prior, she left behind her daughters, then eight and twelve, to fend for themselves.

Now grown, married and a mother, Reesy wants
J
Feb 11, 2013 J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
(FROM JACKET)Charlotte Rodgers has always wanted too much. Too much love, too much attention, and she had too many big dreams. It was how she ended up abandoning her two daughters, Connie and Reesy, to chase after a man and the promise of a dream life. But Charlotte never anticipated how her world would be irrevocably changed. Now, twenty-seven years later, her whole world shifts again when she receives a letter from one of her daughters. And the past bursts wide open.

Reesy has always been obses
Belinda
Mar 22, 2014 Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me a minute to get going in this book but I did enjoy the book. Charlotte was a piss poor mother and in the end Reesy found that out. She was so into finding Charlotte that she neglected home and hubby. Justin ( hubby) got his though on the outside inspite of loving his wife. Connie was my favorite because she didn't give a hoot about her mother and never forgave her for not loving her and mistreating her before leaving them alone for a man. Camille was rescued by her sisters is all I ca ...more
Priscilla Wallace
she is one of my favorite authors. One of the best books that I ever read.
Karen Reynolds
Jan 28, 2016 Karen Reynolds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE MOTHER GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED IN THE END!
Tramika  Chatfield
AWESOME!!! Nothing more
Lois
Dec 06, 2014 Lois rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
MavLit Publishing
I must have missed it. Some how I could not find the connection with the title and what Ms. Mason wrote. I understood the unique struggles that all the sisters had -- no thanks to their mother. Quite frankly, it was not a book that kept my attention.
A. Jones
Dec 02, 2015 A. Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J.D. Mason can tell a story. She makes you feel what the characters are feeling...when their hearts are breaking; when they're frozen with fear; even when they're filled with joy. This installment in the series does not disappoint.
Maxie
May 11, 2011 Maxie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Gotta Sin to Get Saved was an interesting read since I have been a fan of J.D. Mason. It lacked the flow that I have grown accustomed to from Mason. I really had to push myself to finish it. It was just an average read.
Shannan Harper
Jan 19, 2016 Shannan Harper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the third book in the series, and sisters Connie and Reesy are on a search to find their biological mother. A lot of twist and turns.
Kas
May 20, 2008 Kas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really expected more from this book. It left a lot of questions unanswered ( maybe a part 2 to come). The mother is something else. Wow.
Jeanetta Glass
May 04, 2015 Jeanetta Glass rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story line! I enjoyed how Mason told the story of Charlotte's past right along with the present.
Martine
Jul 29, 2011 Martine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author and it was riveting. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Dayatara
Oct 11, 2011 Dayatara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 3rd book ( I believe ) in the John, Connie, Reesy, Charlotte saga. Super Good!
Jeronica
Jan 15, 2009 Jeronica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was slow and the ending was terrible.
Khadijah
Khadijah rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Rosalyn
Rosalyn marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Antonella Di Matteo
Antonella Di Matteo marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Valerie Hartley-moore
Valerie Hartley-moore rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Lakeysha Clark
Lakeysha Clark marked it as to-read
Franchesca
Franchesca marked it as to-read
Chris Jones
Chris Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
  • Would I Lie to You? (Nappily, #2)
  • Seduction
  • I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
  • Sweet Georgia Brown
  • No More Good (View Park, #3)
  • Something Old, Something New (Blessings)
  • Seen It All and Done the Rest
  • Sisters & Husbands
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • Lady Jasmine
  • Goodness and Mercy (The Blessed Trinity Series, #5)
  • A Taste of Reality
I started with a goal in mind, and I prayed. “Lord, just let me be able to write books for 10 years. If I can write for 10 years, I can finish 10 books. And then I’ll retire.” I feel like I’m just getting warmed up, so I definitely think I need another 10 years.

J.D. Mason has been writing professionally for more than a decade, beginning with her first novel “And On The Eighth Day She Rested” which
More about J.D. Mason...