Start by marking “You Gotta Sin to Get Saved” as Want to Read:
You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Charlotte Rodgers has always wanted too much. Too much love, too much attention, and had too many big dreams. It was how she ended up abandoning her two daughters, Connie and Reesy to chase after a man and the promise of a dream life. But Charlotte never anticipated how her world would be irrevocably changed. Now, twenty-seven years later, her whole world shifts yet again ...more
Published April 14th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about You Gotta Sin to Get Saved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

Tamara
Robyns1
Wow... this book dragged me way down. I got into it just enough that I had to see it through--I felt obligated to get the characters out of their horrible situations. Ugh. I really enjoyed the last few pages (Finally! Some hope!). But some of the characters were such awful examples of human beings it just made me angry and disgusted.

Also, too many "C" names: Charlotte, Connie, Clarisse, Cammy, Cookie. Gah. Hard to keep straight.
Tanisa Bernard
Mason is so motivating, i keep pushing toward a new day waiting on her next novel:)!
Cee Cee
Jan 08, 2009 Cee Cee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Cee by: MYSELF
tHIS BOOK WAS GOOD I HOPE THERE IS A SEQUEL.
Nardsbaby Reader
because...because...because...,

Attention seeking, obsessive and low expectations describe the Rodgers women. For Charlotte, the matriarch, she wants what she wants and really doesn't stop to think how it may affect or cost others. It was that way when she left Denver twenty-seven years ago to follow Sam, leaving her young daughters to fend for themselves. Now that Reesy, her baby girl, has found her, she is looking forward to being back in their lives.

Reesy is so bent on finding her mother that
OOSA
The Past is Never Really the Past,

With YOU GOTTA SIN TO GET SAVED, J.D. Mason brings her unexpected trilogy to a close. In the small town of Murphy, Kansas, lives Charlotte Rodgers, a woman running from her disturbing past. Hundreds of miles away in Denver, Colorado, are her daughters, Connie and Reesy, remnants of her past. When Charlotte abandoned Denver many years prior, she left behind her daughters, then eight and twelve, to fend for themselves.

Now grown, married and a mother, Reesy wants
J
(FROM JACKET)Charlotte Rodgers has always wanted too much. Too much love, too much attention, and she had too many big dreams. It was how she ended up abandoning her two daughters, Connie and Reesy, to chase after a man and the promise of a dream life. But Charlotte never anticipated how her world would be irrevocably changed. Now, twenty-seven years later, her whole world shifts again when she receives a letter from one of her daughters. And the past bursts wide open.

Reesy has always been obses
Belinda
It took me a minute to get going in this book but I did enjoy the book. Charlotte was a piss poor mother and in the end Reesy found that out. She was so into finding Charlotte that she neglected home and hubby. Justin ( hubby) got his though on the outside inspite of loving his wife. Connie was my favorite because she didn't give a hoot about her mother and never forgave her for not loving her and mistreating her before leaving them alone for a man. Camille was rescued by her sisters is all I ca ...more
MavLit Publishing
I must have missed it. Some how I could not find the connection with the title and what Ms. Mason wrote. I understood the unique struggles that all the sisters had -- no thanks to their mother. Quite frankly, it was not a book that kept my attention.
Maxie
You Gotta Sin to Get Saved was an interesting read since I have been a fan of J.D. Mason. It lacked the flow that I have grown accustomed to from Mason. I really had to push myself to finish it. It was just an average read.
Kas
I really expected more from this book. It left a lot of questions unanswered ( maybe a part 2 to come). The mother is something else. Wow.
Martine
This was my first book by this author and it was riveting. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Dayatara
The 3rd book ( I believe ) in the John, Connie, Reesy, Charlotte saga. Super Good!
Jeronica
This book was slow and the ending was terrible.
Shefferd McLean
Shefferd McLean marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Detris
Detris marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
LaTonya
LaTonya marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Tee
Tee marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Tufanza Primos
Tufanza Primos marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Would I Lie to You? (Nappily, #2)
  • Sweet Georgia Brown
  • Seen It All and Done the Rest
  • I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
  • Something Old, Something New: A Blessings Novel
  • We Take This Man
  • Never Enough (View Park, #2)
  • Can I Get a Witness?
  • It's a Thin Line
  • Groove
  • Lady Jasmine
  • Sisters & Husbands
  • If Memory Serves (The Blessed Trinity Series, #3)
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Trading Dreams at Midnight: A Novel
J.D. Mason lives with her family in Denver.
More about J.D. Mason...
One Day I Saw a Black King And on the Eighth Day She Rested This Fire Down in My Soul Don't Want No Sugar Beautiful, Dirty, Rich: A Novel