Start by marking “George's Turn (Brac Pack, #8)” as Want to Read:
George's Turn (Brac Pack, #8)

George's Turn (Brac Pack #8)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  1,194 ratings  ·  44 reviews
[#381 Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves]

George has had enough of men and his old life. As a cowboy, he'd been run off enough ranches for being gay. In his new life as a diner cook, he's more than happy to play it straight. Ladies love his cowboy swagger, he loves his solitary job and his tiny apartment, and all seems
Published April 15th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about George's Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George's Turn

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
207th out of 777 books — 1,083 voters
Beaten But Unconquered by Bryn ColvinDragon’s Egg by Lena AustinMarked by Sean MichaelTopping Timothy by Erin O'NiallMan To Man by G.A. Hauser
Worst Gay Book Covers
75th out of 249 books — 295 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
This installment was such fun! I spent half the time laughing my head off. My favorite scene was George's first encounter with the vampires - priceless. I really liked the fact that the focus was on how George and Tank wanted to define their relationship.

The touch of reason why George is so scared of coming out was enough of a rationale for me, the rest was all about how he wanted to move forward. The verbal sparring between the two mates was just perfect, and seeing Tank so helpless as he was c
Maya
This was definitely my favorite of all of the Brac Pack books. George broke the mold of the itty bitty, teeny weeny, fragile, giggly, weepy, teenage mates in the previous books. He is older, bigger and more mature than the others and he gives big ole Tank a run for his money. I was also thrilled to death to see a mate get to top for a great change.
Adrian Anderson
Wow. Just...wow!

"I think I’m having a heart attack. Check my cock!"

What succinct humor! What literary finesse! Not! I guess it's not just music and movies and TV series that are dying art forms. It's bad enough to see ordinary people (if indeed they are) rating these books up. But an "author" as well? Man, my desire to read any Serena Yates book just went down the toilet. In addition to all the flaws from the other books, she just added a $h*tload more in this installment.

PS - Lynn Hagen, stop
Lexi Ander

Oh, how I love George! He is not little mate at 6'3". A cowboy from Wyoming who is hired to work as the cook at the Cafe, he rides into town with a broken heart and bad memories. He's a macho man who is little bit of a redneck, slightly narrow minded and he don’t bottom for anybody. He had some of the worse lines and they made me laugh at this swaggering stud who was too worried about not being "Tank's bitch". Of course the Mates got together and meddled...again. This was so fun. I cannot wait f
Karen K
I liked this 8th installment in the series, possibly because I've come to love Tank so much. He's always been the caring protector of the mates but at the same time yearning for a mate of his own. George is an interesting if not stubborn man and I found him to be a fun and unique offering to the "mates" in the house. I do enjoy the other mates but it's nice to have one that doesn't fit the stereotype. I liked the versatility of both characters too, even though it was a little hard for both of th ...more
Candice
3rd reading 1-2-15
Wow, did the whole "I ain't no girl" thing bother me. Would have also liked to have been in on the conversation with Christian.

2nd read June 2014
Still felt the same way, but George kinda grew on me a bit.

First read November 5th, 2013
To be honest, I am not a George fan. I thought Tank needed someone he could coddle and take care of not a hard ass "I'm not a girl" George. I love Tank, but not a fan of his mate :(
AmberLane
Extra star for starting off good.

I had high hopes for this one, I really did. I figured since George was 28 I was gonna get to read about two grown ups. Not the case. It started off good but then I wanted to junk punch George for his double standard. He didn't want to bottom but it's ok for the big guy to do it !?! Hmmm, I think not you selfish prick. He was an asshat, no two ways about it. Oh, and the last showdown. Really, are we sure George is 28 and not 8 or maybe all their mates are a litt
Deanna
2.5 stars. Although the wolves are STILL buckling grown men into their seatbelts. Who does that???
This one had some humor in it that was actually funny.
Mirka
These books are perfect for taking my mind off things...The mates are hilarious and all the characters are super likeable...
David Pritchett
I have to say that Lynn Hagen is one my favorite authors of all time!! When I first bought my Nook, I saw her books advertised, but always put off reading them, then I purchased Maverick's Mate and I've been hooked ever since!! I have now read every single book Lynn has written and eagerly await and devour any thing that she writes!! I have even repurchased ALL of her books when I moved from the Nook to the Kindle!! Thank you Lynn for providing me with so many hours of enjoyment and pleasure!! Y ...more
TestImportMan
I loved this one.

George is definitely one of my favorite mates and he breaks the mold of being the more fragile partner that needs to be taken care of. There is also a touch of reality with George being cautious about open with his sexuality in a new environment and them having an equal sexual dynamics. I think that George and Tank have one of the healthiest relationships we've seen in the entire series and I love how they seemed to be equals with George standing beside, not behind, Tank.
Dylan St. Jaymes

Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

Reviewing three in row again, that means book 7-9.

Things are being shaken up a little, by way of having some mates who are not complete, er, pussies. (Sorry, but that’s way too fitting a word to not use it.)

I am kinda just breezing through most of the sex, at least after things have been established. It’s just not interesting enough.

I guess this split into another series, because (view spoiler). Man, I am glad this series
Honey
George ruined this book for me. I didn’t appreciate all of his constant and repetitive bottoming-is-degrading talk and I’ve loved Tank for so long that I felt he got cheated on his mate. (view spoiler) ...more
Andre
This was the first book I really liked in the series. It was good to finally see a warrior that offers himself and not his protection and to see a mate that is a man and not an overgrown boy. George doesn't need Tank to take care of him and loves him for whom Tank is. In this regard their relationship is the most believable so far, and the most adult.
Unlike with the others it was actually clear where an attraction came from and Tank was actually sweet and not so creepy and possessive as many oth
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Can the tough, warrior wolf Tank handle a totally drool-worthy cowboy mate who refuses to play the submissive? The manly George must deal with his muscularly endowed suitor and his own need to dominate before finding peace with Tank as well. The Brac pack stands to gain a singular mate in George, but will he cooperate?

Each title in the Brac Pack series can be read alone, as the rules of mating and previous major events are explained in each book. Events also intertwine between books giving each
Julie scott
George's Turn [Brac Pack 8]

Yep I think this one was great the second time around to...Can't wait to read the next one to........which I will be reading.
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo
Rita
Oh Tank my pretty baby, I'm glad you finally found someone to cuddle with! And George was so hot ^^
Coldcase hertz
COME AND RIDE THE RODEO TANK LOL LOL (REVIEW SOON)
Shelley

Valentina Heart
Ate
人狼ロマンスシリーズの一つで、カップリングは毎回変わります。
ゲイばかりの特殊な人狼グループの男たちがメイトを見つけるというパターンなのですが、どこか日本のBL漫画風の作風。

私の好み的にこのシリーズは、典型的な攻めはデカく体格が良く、受けは可愛い&小さい体格差カップリングで、受けがかなり子供っぽく精神レベルが低い言動な点で全く合わないのですが、

今回の話では、受けも攻めも体格が良くて男らしい&どちらも自称は攻めの対立カップリングという、まさに私の萌えツボなので読んでみました。結論から言うと、このカップリングにはほぼ満足。やおいなありがちの展開だけどそれなりに上手くまとめてて楽しめました。でも、周りにいる既存のカップルたちが個人的に目障り(苦笑)
私の好みとしては、周りの人間がゲイだらけになる話は好きじゃない。でも、人狼シリーズは続くとたいていそのルートに進むのが悲しい。

ああ、それにしても、もっとこうゆう男らしいカップルの人狼ものが読みたいな。
Christy Loves 2 Read
I have to admit that these books are getting funnier and the quality of the writing is getting better. Remember that these are short, simple HEA stories and not meant to be too involved.
On that note, I really liked Tank and George. I'd already fallen in love with Tank for his big heart and gentle nature. George is typical of so many cowboys and watching him struggle and then find himself is a sight to see.
Ryane
Mar 28, 2015 Ryane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
YUM!! Very funny too.
Randy Wiggins
Great book. Not one of my favorites but still a good read. There was a lot of humor in this one but that wasn't what didn't work for me, the pairing of mate and warrior didn't seem to fit. nyway, worth the time just the same to see the charachters from past books and see what is in store for the next title in the series.
Kerry  sullivan
Since I began reading this series Tank has been my favourite wolf and I have been looking forward to meeting his mate and I was not disappointed with George. I have to say I am a greedy reader I usually want much longer with the characters but I have to say these bite size stories are the perfect length.
Amanda
2.5 rounded to 3 stars

Didn't really care for this one a whole lot. The "dirty" talk during sex was just downright...bad. Bad, bad, bad. I'd just have to put a stop to the whole thing if my guy was saying that stuff lol. I still find myself laughing at some of the one liners in this series though.
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I have enjoyed the series as a lite read but just didn't have as much fun with this one. The characters just didn't get me as much. The lack of good editing stood out more because of that. I'll keep reading since I have liked the series.
Ladywolf
One of the best sayings in this book....“I think I’m having a heart attack. Check my cock,” Micah teased Oliver. His mate rolled his eyes but blushed.

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when I read this. lol
  • Pax's Blues (Lady Blue Crew, #2)
  • Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)
  • Kinky Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #3)
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours, #4)
  • A Cajun in Colorado (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #12)
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...

Brac Pack (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1)
  • Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2)
  • Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack, #3)
  • Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4)
  • Stormy Eyes (Brac Pack, #5)
  • Oliver's Heart (Brac Pack, #6)
  • Keata's Promise (Brac Pack, #7)
  • Loco's Love (Brac Pack, #9)
  • Lewis's Dream (Brac Pack, #10)
  • Mark's Not Gay (Brac Pack, #11)
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack, #3)