Keata's Promise (Brac Pack, #7)

Keata's Promise (Brac Pack #7)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,057 ratings  ·  34 reviews
[#375 Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves]

Young, naïve Keata Kia was kidnapped from Japan along with his cousin and three other young men. Struggling to make a home in America, he discovers the men who took him in are wolf shifters—and one of them is his mate. Unfortunately, Keata’s mate has refused to claim him.

If the...more
Published April 8th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Keata's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keata's Promise

With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
124th out of 652 books — 927 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
109th out of 503 books — 973 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
I enjoyed this addition to the Brac Pack series a lot. The focus of the book was very much on Keata and Cody, while there was enough interaction with the other mates and potential further main characters to keep the series going.

Keata is such a cute guy. Naive doesn't even begin to describe him, and the way he deals with having been abducted to a strange country, having to learn a new language and his mate rejecting him is amazing. All this showed a strength of character he needed to make it thr...more
Honey
When Keata Kota is taken in by wolves after being kidnapped from his native country of Japan, he finds that he along with his cousin Kyoshi both have mates in the pack. Contrary to his cousin's smooth sailing relationship, Keata finds his mate has refused to claim him for unknown reasons. When Keata confides in Tank and tells him that Cody is the one who makes butterflies flutter in his stomach, Tank decides to put a plan into action to get Cody to finally step up and claim his mate.

In this new...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Can a relationship withstand a language barrier and constant misunderstandings?

That’s the question when it comes to Cody and Keata. It’s comical to read how this two hundred and seventy-two year old werewolf tries not to hurt his best friend's feelings and not alienate his young naïve mate in the process. Cody is doing his best to put others first while managing the minefield of love and relationships.

Cody is a good man just not sure how to handle his new mate. When English isn’t Keata’s first...more
Lesley-Ann
Keata was kidnapped (along with his cousin) off the streets to be sold into slavery. He, his cousin and other kidnapped men were rescued in an earlier book. I was a bit 'meh' about both men originally but both are growing on me each time I am introduced to them in another book.

I have loved the character of Cody since the first time I met him in this series, after getting his heart broken in an earlier book I was glad to see him get his own book. His character alone was reason enough for me to re...more
Lexi Ander
Keata is so adorable. We learn that Cody is Keata's mate and though Keata doesn't really understand the mate concept, he confesses to his friend Tank how he feels about Cody which starts a chain of events that pushes Cody to make a choice.

Keata is not happy and I was tickled that he made Cody work for it. Keata is sweet and trusting but once he realizes that Cody is his mate and has been ignoring him...Cody doesn't get off easy.

Keata and Johnny together...holy cow I have such great fodder for pr...more
Merith
There's something about these Brac Pack books that's compelling. This one was okay. Keata was cute, but I really disliked the Cody/Jasper/Keata thing...it shouldn't have taken months, not without Jazz having 'mate' issues as well. Quick and easy reads, with no undo angst and comfortable resolutions.
David Pritchett
I have to say that Lynn Hagen is one my favorite authors of all time!! When I first bought my Nook, I saw her books advertised, but always put off reading them, then I purchased Maverick's Mate and I've been hooked ever since!! I have now read every single book Lynn has written and eagerly await and devour any thing that she writes!! I have even repurchased ALL of her books when I moved from the Nook to the Kindle!! Thank you Lynn for providing me with so many hours of enjoyment and pleasure!! Y...more
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

Reviewing three in row again, that means book 7-9.

Things are being shaken up a little, by way of having some mates who are not complete, er, pussies. (Sorry, but that’s way too fitting a word to not use it.)

I am kinda just breezing through most of the sex, at least after things have been established. It’s just not interesting enough.

I guess this split into another series, because (view spoiler). Man, I am glad this series...more
Kerry  sullivan
This is the summary off the back of the book.
Young, naive Keata Kia was kidnapped from Japan along with his cousin and three other young men. Struggling to make a home in America, he discovers the men who took him in are wolf shifters-and one of them is his mate. Unfortunately, Keata's mate has refused to claim him. If the human remains unclaimed, there is no shortage of eager wolves ready to step in to teach the beautiful and innocent Keata a thing or two about making love. When Keata is kid...more
Andre
I understand the Cody Jasper stuff more than the rest. I don't give a crap about Keata. The guy hits on my nerves even more than Johnny and Cecil.
This book was pretty useless.
And what was it about this femininity of Keata? I can't help but think that this was simply a gender-crossing but rather again a portrayal of an Asian male as basically feminine and thereby submissive and weak. I mean it would fit. The wolves are not only twice the size of the Asian characters but also all Caucasian, I doub...more
Aerin
While I think portraying the mates as prank-pulling guys would be fun, I have to say I'm disgusted by how brainless and immature and stupid they act/are. It's like reading a book about 6 year olds instead of grown young men. And if one of them cries again I'm going to scream!!! So frustrated right now!! Why can't at least one of the mates be a level-headed, mature, confident, strong personality type? At least one! Ugh.....and I firmly believe that if you want someone to learn how to speak englis...more
Rita
Too much of broken English... And I don't like that the dude got himself into trouble because he was just too god damn foolish...
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo...more
Shelley
I liked this one. Keata was a very gentle soul and so easy to like and it was driving me crazy in the earlier books trying to figure out who Keata's mate was. When I found out it was (view spoiler) I was really surprised but happy b/c after what happened with (view spoiler) it made me happy to see him find his mate and get a chance at happiness.

Keata is definitely my favorite mate so far. He's very sweet and a little naive and while some peo...more
Ladywolf
You just gotta love Keata and Johnny. They are just lucky that no one in The Den will ever hurt them, other wise they would have been by now. lol

It would seem that Keata was a bit different in this book, he was the same but yet not. I'm still not sure what is off about him in this book, I just liked him in the other ones more then this one, but I still love his character. Doesn't make much since more then likely, but oh well it does to me. :)
Ana Banda
Cositas :3

Al leer la sinopsis piensas cosas malisimas & las hay en este libro, pero tiene unas partes tan bellas..que morí de ternura:3
Keata es un amor; una cosita inocente vagando por una casa llena de pervertidos pero se desenvuelve tan bien :)

Cody siempre me encanto, algo tiene que inmediatamente te fascina, tal vez fue su cabello super parecido al de Mi Vane Kattalakis♥ pero es un amor también :3
Kinny
Poor Keata! Cody and Jasper have been together and so in love for a century or so. How can that not break one's heart. Cody also cared more for Jasper obviously. Sheesh. Hurt anyone else but pure hearted Keata? Heartless much? that's almost as bad as cheating on Johnny!
Davina
i sooo enjoy this. unlike the others this leave you guessing who'll be next. i love the young ones and their antics but i do hope the unmated sentries have older mates. still not sure how i feel bout the alpha's dream secret thing but in all i like.
Owen Creed
Oct 06, 2011 Owen Creed rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Owen by: Isabella
Love reading a story that makes me go through a large range of emotions, you feel for the characters in these books and how each of them has a challenge to face... So happy there are over 20 to read now too!
Christy Duke
This was my favorite so far of the series. I absolutely adored Keata and he made the whole book. He and Cody are really great together and you just can't help but laugh at Keata's antics!
Byron
See Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) by Lynn Hagen for series review.
Carolyn88
Oh, this character was great. I love the oriental men in this series and in the other. They are so funny with the language barrrier.
Coldcase hertz
OOOOO MY GOD KEATA WAS JUST TOOO CUTE NOT TO LOVE AND I COULD HAVE KICK HIS MATE BUT HE MADE UP FOR IT
Meggie
Keata story was enjoyable and totally sweet. It was easy plot with lot of fun. I liked it.
Mirka
"Leap of faith"..."cause you hurt heart, I beat with book..." I love that little dude :D:D
Lola
May 07, 2011 Lola is currently reading it
-_- Just who ISN'T gay in this house of horny muscle head wolf shape shifters....lol....
Tana
I really enjoyed this story, Johnny and Keata's pranks were halarious.
Marsha Spence
I loved Keata and Cody. Keata is SOOO naive and Cody was so torn. Loved it!
Candice
2nd read June 2014

First read November 5th, 2014
Brittney Bower
and from the ash of his despair come his happiness.
  • Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)
  • Love, Always, Promise (Wolf Creek Pack, #5)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed, #3)
  • Kinky Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #3)
  • Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #4)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack, #3)