Stormy Eyes (Brac Pack, #5)

Stormy Eyes (Brac Pack #5)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  960 ratings  ·  39 reviews
[#362 Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves]

After encountering the young men’s captors, the alpha devises a plan to re...more
Published March 25th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
144th out of 651 books — 896 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWith Love by J.L. LangleyTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Furry Lovers
68th out of 185 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Maya
This has been my least favorite in this series.

I have really enjoyed the series so far but this one? Something really bothered me. I am seeing a weird trend with the 5 mates. They are all really young (18-19 mostly) and they are all immature as hell with two of them being almost child-like. They are all also very tiny and they giggle and act like, God I don't want to say this, girls. I guess I just feel like I am reading a m/f book with a heroine that I don't really like. And in this book two of...more
Arzu
I just finished this one in the Brac Pack series and I'll be honest, Kyoshi is not my favourite of the mates. He is quite proud, cynical, suspective, trusting nobody, always thinking the worst. And maybe he has all the right to be like that. Being kidnapped and brought to a country you don't know, will not give you a safe feeling. I really felt sorry, but I couldn't really warm up. Keata, Kyoshi's cousin, however, was just a doll ... so sweet and innocent ... loved him ... made me laugh aloud.
N...more
Ter
Ended too quickly :( Yes, I wanted more, have to wait another week!
If you thought the mates could get into trouble before, just wait now their are 2 more to add to the mix. Kyoshi’s and his lovable mischief cousin Keata.

Don't be surprise if you laugh out loud. Definitely one that goes in my re-read folder, for when I want a good laugh. Would definitely recommend it!

Roger That! (Keata's saying.)
Jaimee Way
Alright, let's see where to start here. Okay. I'll start with my general infuriation with Lynn Hagen and this goddamn series first, then move on from there. This is gonna be long.

Hagen is not one of my favorite authors, I will admit that now. But somehow this damn series has captured my attention and I can't put the damn books down. I've been shooting off one after another and each of them give me a headache but I CANNOT stop reading.

Editing. Seriously. With as many books as you put out, don't y...more
David Pritchett
I have to say that Lynn Hagen is one my favorite authors of all time!! When I first bought my Nook, I saw her books advertised, but always put off reading them, then I purchased Maverick's Mate and I've been hooked ever since!! I have now read every single book Lynn has written and eagerly await and devour any thing that she writes!! I have even repurchased ALL of her books when I moved from the Nook to the Kindle!! Thank you Lynn for providing me with so many hours of enjoyment and pleasure!! Y...more
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

’Kay, so I read book 4-6 in the series and have come to the conclusion that these are better read all in a row. It’s really much more like one continuous story that just highlights different people at times. If you keep in mind my caveat about the lack of continuity it’s actually not so bad to read. Well, and you have to lower your expectations and completely throw disbelief out of the window.

Sure, lots of stuff is stupid and the pattern is repetitive but eh. What annoys me most righ...more
Kerry  sullivan
This is the summary off the back of the book.
When Storm Wishfall is sent on an errand for his alpha, he doesn't expect to discover two young Asian men hiding on a boat in fear for their lives. He definitely isn't expecting one of them to be his mate. After encountering the young men's captors, the alpha devises a plan to rescue the three other men who were kidnapped along with his mate, Kyoshi, and Kyoshi's cousin, Keata, and the pack must band together to curtail a human trafficking ring bef...more
Serena Yates
I liked Kyoshi and Storm's story. Slave trade and human trafficking are touched upon, but aren't the focus of the story as much as Kyoshi's reactions to his kidnapping. How he and Storm deal with the situation makes up the central part of this short book.

Kyoshi is a fighter at heart. Even though he's not very tall, he knows how to stand up for himself and his cousin, Keata. I liked his spirit and focus; letting go of being overprotective of his younger cousin wasn't easy, and I have a feeling Ky...more
Andre
I know the average mate in this book series is small, but why such a cliché. In addition that boy (that's not a man) turns out to be a tiger-shifter (small one sure but nonetheless) but it could just as well have been a kitten. And the reason why their shifter gene is activated is also rather weird. What would happen if one never finds his/her mate? Kyoshi is barely more than a pretender, someone at first acting as though he is an adult but basically needs a big strong man to order him around an...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Ms. Hagen has written another extraordinary edition to her Brac Pack series with Stormy Eyes. She dives right into human trafficking and what it has done to two young Japanese men. In the process of telling this story she also plants seeds for future stories for other members of this pack and the neighboring pack as well.

Kyoshi has been taken from the only home he has ever known with his younger cousin in tow and shipped to America. They were kidnapped to be sold into prostitution. From there t...more
Lisa
Read by MM Good Book Reviews:

Each book in Lynn Hagen's Brac Pack collection focuses on a different romantic couple. To enjoy the overall story arc and crossover characters, we recommend reading the series in sequential order. It also gives you an insight into their world. A world that will capture you from the moment you open the book. This is one of my top five favorite series. Wonderful characters that you will fall in love, a story that will have you laughing your ass off, a world that is mag...more
Rita
Liked it! And the last bit was a shocker! But I liked it, because what better than a surprise at the end? Looking forward for Tank finding his mate, somehow I've come to love the big guy.
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
The Brac Pack pulls you in and warms your heart; a great little afternoon delight. Every one of these big beautiful men have hearts of gold, not only for their own mates, but everyone included within the pack. It is a pleasure to read their triumphs as well as their trials, and though this is a series, each one can be enjoyed separately. Storm and Kyoshi are a close favorite of mine to Kota and Blair’s story, but I am sure you will find all of them equally satisfying.

Lototy
Reviewer for Coffee Ti...more
Honey
I love the Brac Pack! I thought Kyoshi and Storm's story was great. I actually really liked Kyoshi, he was a little more reserved than the others but I felt he fit right in with the rest of them. He was more mature but very open to affection considering what he had been through. The interactions between all of the characters makes the series a lot fun. It's a quick, quirky read and I can't wait for Keata and Cody's story, Kyoshi's cousin was adorable.
Christy Duke
Oh this book had a pretty sad tint to it. Kyoshi and Keata were kidnapped off the streets in their own country of Japan, loaded into a shipping container and sent to America to be sex slaves. Luckily for them they escaped after being released from the container but its still a reality that happens in this world.
I enjoyed Storm and Kyoshi's love story. It was very sweet.
Shelley
Kyoshi and Storm continue a bit of a trend in these books of the mates being more "submissive" and the wolves being more dominant-which is a bit surprising given Kyoshi's initial characterization.

I did enjoy this book because we got a glimpse into Storm's past and I liked finding out his story and I do like the idea of more than one type of shifter as well.
Karen K
Not my favourite in the series. I liked Storm a lot but Kyoshi not so much. He's just a little too cynical and uptight for me. I know he's been through a lot but I just never warmed up to him. It's funny though that I gave my lowest rating in the series to the first book but now Maverick and Cecil are one of my fave couples.
Candice
2nd Read on 6-2-14
Stormy Eyes and Kyoshi. I didn't really like Kyoshi all that much. Could I blame him for being a dick after what he went through? No, but COME ON! Enough is enough, already.

First read on 11-5-13
Owen Creed
Oct 06, 2011 Owen Creed rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Owen by: Isabella
Kinda makes you angry to think of someone just taking whatever they want... Including people, this is a white knight story with a twist, the knight is a wolf shifter as Hagen brings in some cultural diversity to the Brac mix.
Byron
See Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) by Lynn Hagen for series review.
Ashley Cox
Eh, it wasn't terrible or anything, but it was definitely my least favorite of the series. I am however, immensely looking forward to the next two books in the series :D
Tj
This was a fun, lite read. This series wasn't the most well written but I love the easy love and acceptance. Sometimes that is what I need to read.
Brittney Bower
well at least some ones are in a better life now. and some people trafficker people are now dead. Even if it is only it is only if a book.
Ladywolf
I have to say that I like Keata better then his Cousin. :)

The mates are like little kids it's funny and yet cute at the same time.
Marsha Spence
I enjoyed this installment as well. Not quite as well as the previous ones. Still enjoyed it and will keep reading...
Kinny
Kyoshi may be a small skinny Asian but he has strength of character, extreme intelligence, fiercely protective of Keata
Perpetua
2.5 Stars They seemed a bit to childlike. Weired me out a little bit here and there. But an enjoable read!
Clover
it was the cutest and the funniest story of the serie so far. I just loved Keata !
  • Pax's Blues (Lady Blue Crew, #2)
  • Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed, #3)
  • Devoted Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #4)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)