Start by marking “Real Men Wear Plaid!” as Want to Read:
Real Men Wear Plaid!

Real Men Wear Plaid! (Encounters #16)

These Highland hotties are about to meet their match!"The Wanderer"

Sexy Ewan MacKinnon meets fellow soul-searcher Gemma on a hiking trek through Scotland. They have wildly creative sex along the way, leaving them both with delicious memories of their journey. But at the trail's end, will their adventure be over, too?

"The Warrior"

Proud Cam MacKinnon is king of his castle. A
Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Real Men Wear Plaid!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Men Wear Plaid!

Jun 12, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 3.33 stars

Individual short story ratings:
The Wanderer -- 4 stars
The Warrior -- 3.5 stars
The Wayfarer -- 2.5 stars

I enjoyed the first two stories enough to wish they were full-length books; however, I found the last story boring and devoid of much passion (or at least not when compared to the first two).
Oct 04, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
Three short stories in one. Scottish brothers meet their American soul mates. Fun, quick reads. Is there really anything better than a hot Scot in a kilt?
Aug 12, 2014 Tammie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some obvious disadvantages to anthologies, especially in a category romance. One, the word count is so limited that penning a believable romance is next to impossible. Two, you get less time to connect with the characters. And three, did I mention the believability factor?

But on the flipside, there are some definite perks: hardly any angst or conflicts to muck-up the romance, and there's always the love-at-first-sight bonus! Sigh. And, as is the case with this book, what woman wouldn't
May 07, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-blaze
3 short stories involving 3 brothers who are not interested in running the family business. Their sister has been practically running the business for years, but their father wants one of his sons at the helm.

Each story emphasizes each brothers interest and their preferred plan for their futures.
Who doesn't like hot Scottish men?
Enjoyed each story. Of course, all three brothers falling in love close to the same time, as well as falling in love within a day of meeting their heroines, was a little
Rebecca Crowley
Apr 02, 2013 Rebecca Crowley rated it really liked it
This is a fun, sexy set of three novellas set in Scotland. Although each one is short, the author does a fantastic job of quickly raising the emotional stakes and ensuring you get that romantic payoff in the end.

It was a quick, enjoyable read, and though my own impression was colored by my personal distaste for Scotland (so cold and windy - I hope these American heroines know what they're getting into!), anyone who loves a bit of brogue will love this book.
Cathy Beckett
Aug 02, 2012 Cathy Beckett rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
In my opinion this was not one of Ms Nelson's better books. It seemed rushed and choppy. I would have liked it better if she had made this a four book series. She should have spent an equal amount of time on all four siblings

Ewan's story was hilarious. I liked Cam's story the best. Alec's story was okay. Cam's story was the only one that kept this book from being a wall banger.
Jun 30, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
I found all three short stories really enjoyable. I think I liked Alec's story the best, but they were all good. My only negative is that the novellas were so short that they seemed to end rather abruptly. I would have loved a longer story about each brother.
Jamie Jones
Jun 20, 2012 Jamie Jones rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the setting of this romance anthology - Scotland! It's a very sexy read, and the stories are all connected. I found this book to be very satisfying. I am not usually a fan of anthologies, but I loved this one.
Nov 06, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Once I read the first of the three stories, it felt as though the names of the characters were pretty much the only thing that changed. Descriptions were virtually repeated in the other stories. Very disappointed.
Melanie rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2011
Michaela Sweigard
Michaela Sweigard rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Karen Hulseman
Karen Hulseman rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2015
Jen rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Wisteria rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Stacy rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Zee rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Tessa rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Naya rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Encounters
Carol Brunquell
Carol Brunquell rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Angela Blount
Angela Blount rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
A fun, sexy, quick, read.
Josephine Hawkins
Josephine Hawkins rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Dani gwizdala
Dani gwizdala rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2012
Andrew Shaffer
Andrew Shaffer rated it really liked it
May 01, 2011
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
farmwifetwo rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2016
Sassipo rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Gail rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Encounters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • Undressed (Harlequin Blaze, #473)
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Texas Heat (Harlequin Blaze, #491)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • More Blazing Bedtime Stories
  • Sexy Ms. Takes (Harlequin Blaze, #516)
  • His Little Black Book
  • Just Fooling Around: Darcy's Dark Day/Reg's Rescue\Cam's Catastrophe/Devon's Dilemma (Harlequin Blaze, #531)
  • 3 Seductions and a Wedding (Harlequin Blaze, #543)