Start by marking “High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)” as Want to Read:
High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)

High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)

Subject: Navy Security Specialist Adam Mancuso.

Current Status: On assignment—surveillance of one delectable female subject.

Mission: Watch. Protect. Do not get physical.

Obstacle: The temptation to get very physical…

Navy Security Specialist Adam Mancuso is staking out the luscious Eva St. George and his control is slipping by the minute. How does a guy stay professional when
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about High Stakes Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Stakes Seduction

An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia QuinnUntil You by Judith McNaughtThe Switch by Lynsay SandsBecause You're Mine by Lisa KleypasThe Raider by Jude Deveraux
Mistaken/Hidden Identity Romance !
127th out of 183 books — 125 voters
Model Marine by Candace HavensA SEAL's Seduction by Tawny WeberA Few Good Men (Harlequin Blaze #445) by Tori CarringtonAble-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) by Karen FoleyAlways Ready by Joanne Rock
Uniformly Hot! Harlequin Series
20th out of 51 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 17, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by:
Part of Harlequin Blaze subscription via

This book actually made golf sexy! WTHeck?? Now, I'm gonna look for golf books. Darnit!

And then there's this, after the ex-boyfriend/bad guy was caught, his cover blown with little to no drama, and sex on the beach (Which I DO NOT GET. Hello, sand in the privates, eww~!) is just about to begin:

“Being loved is a good thing. A grand thing. The best damned thing of all.”

Lori Wilde (2011). High Stakes Seduction (Kindle Locations 3870-3871). Harle
Melissa Marlow
Jul 14, 2011 Melissa Marlow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually I was turned off a little by the Harlequin romance novels, because they were based on hot sex scenes and a story line that fit in between, but this one... wow... it was good. It built suspense, urning to continue, and in the end a true love story. I found it light and airy and couldn't put it down until the very end.

After reading this one I couldn't wait to get my hands on more of Lori's books
May 02, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
This was enjoyable all the way through. I really like the way the author handled Eva's reaction to discovering Adam had actually been "assigned" to her. So many times, we have to read pages and pages of the guilty party apologizing and trying to win the wronged party back, when, ...come on..., we know they're going to succeed!! In this case, we weren't subjected to all that!!
Jun 09, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary rom, military hero
What a thrilling, sexy, saucy read! It has everything... sexy military hero; fun, free-spirited heroine; action & intrigue; and a sexual tension that leads to some of the hottest smex ever!

Highly recommended!
I remember when the Blaze was one of the smexiest main stream pubbed imprints. This is still smexy and the earlier parts with the voyeuristic stuff which were there to ramp up the smex right out of the gate was pretty typical Blaze - and was verging on borderline creepy. But the story smex balance was okay once we started getting to know the pleads and they started getting to know each other. (view spoiler) ...more

High Stakes Seduction was an okay book. I didn't like it much since I could not believe in the HEA. Eva runs a yoga studio and has penchant for getting involved with wrong men, she is open-hearted and trusts too easily and did not have the most stable childhood. Her ex-boyfriend dumped her and then NCIS questioned her.
Adam is a naval office, a little starchy and totally by the rules. Un-imaginative even. He is supposed to keep an eye out on Eva, is attracted by her, approaches her, she loosens h
Jun 12, 2011 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Like to read contemporary romance
Whenever I want a light, quick read or know I won't have the time to delve into a heavily involved read, I can always count on Harlequin to deliver a thoroughly enjoyable romance.

When two complete opposites attract, the story sizzles. Yes, Adam and Eva is a bit silly, but it works. And Eva is so spunky, she'll have you grinning in spite of yourself. In addition to wondering if you have a fiery sacral chakra.
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Aug 24, 2012 Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews rated it really liked it
I actually didn't expect to enjoy this book but I really did. A bit cheesy with the names - Adam and Eva, but still interesting enough for me to read through to the end.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Uniformly Hot!

Audio Sample
Jan 15, 2012 Netanella rated it really liked it
Shelves: blaze
3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4 because there's naked yoga and Wilde made golf sexy!
Liz Mulherin
Mar 13, 2012 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! I love men in uniform stories
Jan 07, 2013 Viohlet rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
3.5/5 Very enjoyable
Arlene Downey
Arlene Downey marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
erna marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Angela Falco
Angela Falco marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Carol Bandt
Carol Bandt is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
Diane marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Samantha Gramer
Samantha Gramer marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Trina Jung-ogg
Trina Jung-ogg marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Candace marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Lillie Cantrell
Lillie Cantrell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Douglas marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Johanna marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Lung rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2016
Pam added it
Jul 14, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Beth rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • The Rebel
  • Model Marine
  • Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Breathless Descent
  • Coming Up For Air
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Danny (The Mighty Quinns, #17)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

“Being loved is a good thing. A grand thing. The best damned thing of all.” 25 likes