Start by marking “Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era, #1)

Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  177 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
When our era ends, theirs begins.

After moving to the city of Austin, Rini Cardoña stumbles upon a handsome young man and his clan who are taking refuge in our world from their hidden homeland of MUNDAHLIA and its ruthless king who has set up a game between his many children. Whoever can bring the family back to be tried and executed shall receive the crown once he passes
Nook, 352 pages
Published July 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Mundahlia, please sign up.

R.J. Gonzales Hello, Book Worm! Thank you so much for your question! This particular version of the novel was published for a limited time and has since been…moreHello, Book Worm! Thank you so much for your question! This particular version of the novel was published for a limited time and has since been removed. The novel has been reworked and re-edited to include new content and will be released for free on Wattpad in serials beginning in January 2016. The new title will be "REVIVAL OF THE GODS." Feel free to connect with me on Wattpad. I can't wait to share this exciting new version!
All the best, RJ
(https://www.wattpad.com/user/MrRJGonz...)(less)
The Undying by Ronnell D. PorterSomething Wicked by C.J. BakerDemon Girl by Penelope FletcherEmber by Bettie SharpeSpiderwork by L.K. Rigel
Indie Books - Paranormal Cover Love
12th out of 390 books — 848 voters
Switched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFate by Amanda HockingTorn by Amanda Hocking
Self-Published Young Adult Books
251st out of 1,703 books — 2,632 voters

More lists with this book...

R.J. Gonzales
Jun 01, 2011 R.J. Gonzales rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You know why...lol

But seriously, I had so much fun writing this novel and seeing where my characters went with each chapter. The roller-coaster of emotions they took me on in this first novel was thrilling, emotional (both dramatic and romantic), suspenseful and at times—shocking. I had no idea just how real fictional characters could be when I literally got so swept up in writing, I withdrew from the world. (Literally, I was gone! Someone could have broken into my house and robbed me and I wou
Richard Denney
Dec 08, 2011 Richard Denney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely unique, this book will have you up at four in the morning with your eyelids taped to your eyebrows... that's how good it is. A must read of 2011!
Erin
Sep 10, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-pnr-favorites
This was an interesting experience for me, because my feelings about this book drastically changed as I was reading it. I was really enjoying it for the first third of the book, the middle section had me bored and wanting to roll my eyes and shove the heroine into the nearest convent for her prudish behavior, and then the rest had me on the edge of my seat with my blood boiling and my heart racing!! I’m giving this somewhere between 3.5-4 stars since I ended up so sucked in but could have used s ...more
Shellie Brewer
Feb 07, 2012 Shellie Brewer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-books-read
This is a ebook I received free from Amazon and you would think free not going to be very good. I have found a lot of books free lately that have turned out to be five stars and this one is no exception. Loved loved this book. There was love, coming of age, people shifting into monsters, action and a few gory parts. This book has it all. It held my attention from page 1 to the end.
Rhomy
A brilliant fantasy world created by the author, with inhabitants that you could only imagine in dreams (or not even that way) is mixed with our world in such a smooth and perfect way that pulls you in immediately.

I admit that sometimes I wanted to punch Jett in the face but well... he had a good excuse for being that way lol.
The love story is intriguing and sweet.
The bad guy is infuriating! (as he should be, of course)
Every character of the "family" is well described and I found them very inter
Jen
Mar 11, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book very much. there were a few things that boggled me. for instance, almost everyone felt the need to use at least one Spanish word, even Bane who didn't even live in Texas. then there was the part that clearly Rini is supposed to know Spanish however she didn't know what Del ordered at the restaurant. The back and forth wasn't too hard to get used to thankfully to the labeled chapters. all in all its a great book a few small grammatical errors but nothing that stops u in Ur trac ...more
Marlena
Feb 23, 2014 Marlena rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book that kicks off what I hope to be a great series, and while I first gave it 4.5, I'm going to bump it up to 5 just because the ending was a great cliffhanger that has me waiting for the sequel, whenever it should be released. :)
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Jun 21, 2012 Julie(Reading By The Beach) rated it it was amazing
See my review here -> Reading By The Beach

Isn't that cover awesome?! I actually read this book back in December 2011 before I had a book blog, but because the author (RJ Gonzales from RJ Does Books) is so amazingly awesome, as is his writing, I had to do a re-read so I could post a proper review and also do an author interview(so stay tuned for that)! Plus, it's one of my favorite books so re-reading Mundahlia was already on my to-do list!

"Great. My life has suddenly become a young-adult nove
Marie DeLaRosa
Sep 24, 2012 Marie DeLaRosa rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
With only 3 months left in her senior year of high school Rini is sent to live with her cousin and her husband in Austin, Texas after her parents decide to go on a cruise to try to salvage what is left of their marriage. While staying at her cousins she comes across the handsome young man that lives close by named Jett.

Jett and his family are not entirely human, Hybrid beings that have animal qualities; they live in secret and avoid all contact as possible with humans. You see they are hiding fr
Paranormal Reads
May 26, 2012 Paranormal Reads rated it really liked it

Megan
Nov 21, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
okay so I liked it. Goodreads, you guys really need a half a star deal here. I give this book 3 1/2 stars. It's a good book. HATE BANE. LOVE JETT. ANNOYED BY RINI. <-- pretty much a summary of my feeling for the main characters.

(view spoiler)
Cassandra (The book & movie dimension blogger)
Full, non-spoiler review at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

Rini is a girl that moves with her cousin for a temporary time as her parents try to rekindle their relationship. Rini is a very admirable female lead because she's willing to stand up against snobby people. She's not quiet and that's a really great quality which made me like reading all the more. As her stay proves to be heading for strange she uncovers a dark world filled with transforming beasts. Yet, of all, things one of the scary
Bumblesby
Aug 07, 2011 Bumblesby rated it really liked it
Contemporary Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy?

R.J. Gonzales has meshed these genres well in the first book of the Mundahlian era. It is a captivating read. We have a well-developed romance and ancient creatures that Humans only thought were part of myths and legends. Political intrigue and a land called Mundahlia brings in the fantasy aspect.

I hope to see a lot more from this writer even in other genres. Highly recommended. 4.5 Stars - ebook edition (ePub format)
Kerri
Nov 16, 2011 Kerri rated it liked it
I wish I had time to write a review on this book. I actually give it 31/2 stars. I can't give it more because this book could still use a good editor and at times the plot was way ... and I mean way out there.... yep to the point of shocking. However having said that, I have to say I like that Gonzales was willing to go way out there. I really like an author who zigs when I think they are going to zag.
Elizabeth
Apr 11, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
The book has an interesting premise and it is well paced, so I want to read the next book. However, the author needs to get a new editor because the editing near the end of the book was a huge distraction. I'm used to the usual errors one finds in ebooks, but this was excessive.
Rebecca
Jan 30, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, ya, romance
Ugh, I did not like any of the characters. The idea was interesting, but the story did not flow well for me at all. If you want a cheesy teen romance that is vaguely reminiscent of Twilight, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd seek out something with more solid characters and plot.
Brad Sells
Dec 01, 2011 Brad Sells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(I got to take my Kindle to school and I finished this novel so quickly!)

A fun and interesting read with twists and turns that will blow your mind. One of the most original novels I've read in a long time.
Angelika
Mar 31, 2012 Angelika rated it it was ok
The story was interesting enough. I would have given it 3 stars, but the dozens of typos and grammatical errors annoyed the crap out of me! Did anyone proof this book???
Carrie
Feb 29, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
Good Book...it was cheap on Kindle so I tried it. I breezed right through it and the ending made me want more...hopefully there will be a sequel.
Drew Constance
Sep 26, 2011 Drew Constance rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars - Review Link Below

GirlGoneBookish
May 23, 2014 GirlGoneBookish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Amazing book, would love to see it published! RJ is an amazing writer and youtuber
Alexandria Sides
Sep 11, 2011 Alexandria Sides rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Awsome book!!!
Steffy
Dec 05, 2012 Steffy rated it it was ok
Review: I was not really sure on how to rate Mundahlia but i think I will settle for a 2.5 stars. This review might be a little bit vague bit it’s mostly because I try to keep it as spoiler free as possible and this is quite difficult here
I really liked the premises of the book and I have to give the author a lot of cookies point for this originality behind the story.
What made this story lose a lot of point is how things happen so very conveniently, I know it’s a book and all that but still som
Kristi
Feb 10, 2012 Kristi rated it liked it
I really liked parts of the book. It reminded me a lot of Twilight and in some ways I liked some parts more BUT it had so many awkward and childish sexual situations that were just kind of icky and dumb and then many just plain gross parts that I just couldn't really give it more than 3 stars. It was like it was written by and for young teens that dream about their first boyfriend but the sexual content would totally gross them out and yet it was too dorky for adults. Rini was suppose to be 19 b ...more
Catcti
May 18, 2012 Catcti marked it as to-read
Oh my god! It sounds so good! =] This is so unique. Definitely have to read this.
Emilie
Dec 02, 2012 Emilie added it
loved it
Tay Smith
Tay Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Katie Lally
Katie Lally marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Isha0307
Isha0307 rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
  • Red Smoke Rising
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
  • The Undying
  • By the Pale Moonlight
  • Something Wicked
  • Awaken Me (Connected, #1)
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Darkstar
  • Abstrus (Planet Abstrus, #1)
  • Huntress (Grace Murphy, #1)
  • Josephine Lost
  • Two Moons of Sera Vol. 1
  • Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere #2)
  • Runaway Choices
  • Akasha (Akasha, #1)
  • Dark Seeker (Seeker, #1)
  • Haven (The Willows, #1)
  • Fox (The Vendetta, #1)
RJ Gonzales is a born and raised Texan that unfortunately didn't get the cool accent or sweet hat/boots. Aside from attending a local university to study Film and TV Production, he can be found nose-deep in a pile of YA books, or behind a screen writing some. He has a habit of picking up skills when bored; one of them being writing his biography in third person.
More about R.J. Gonzales...

The Mundahlian Era (2 books)
  • Crusade (The Mundahlian Era, #2)

“You broke her heart in person—you fix it in person!” 83 likes
“A flower bloomed already wilting. Beginning its life with an early ending.” 41 likes