Start by marking “Pray What God Says” as Want to Read:
Pray What God Says

Pray What God Says

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  158 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"Pray What God Says" is a valuable bible study companion to help you develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer. It contains an extensive listing of topical scriptures relative to many areas of life and introduces one of many keys to effective prayer, that is simply to pray the scriptures, for spiritual growth, family, health, provisional needs and ev ...more
Published January 28th 2011 by Christine\Martin (first published July 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pray What God Says, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pray What God Says

Jorja
Aug 30, 2012 Jorja rated it liked it
Shelves: prayer
The intent of the guide is to reintroduce just one of many keys to effective prayer, using scripture to garner the words of God to access divine response and a greater relationship with God the Father, through His Son Jesus Christ, with the enabling assistance of the Holy Spirit.

As we experience various emotions throughout our life experiences there is a “cry” or sound from our spirit that will command or demand a response from something or someone greater than ourselves. “The cry of every man’
Adrienna
While cleaning and cataloging books at the library I currently work at, I came across this book. A majority of these types of books have been donated or came from the chapel. Therefore, I wanted to glance at it to see if we could place it in the law library as a resource and so far this book only reads as a resource tool via scriptures under different subject areas. This is not your typical, easy, or normal read. Although it seems organized under subject and supporting scriptures, and also using ...more
Vicki
Sep 13, 2011 Vicki rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Great resource book! I especially appreciate the masses of scripture, sorted topically & with index, provided for us to pray back to God.

Thank you Goodreads and Christine Martin for sending me this book!
Emma
Nov 12, 2012 Emma rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Little too much listing for my tastes, was looking for something slightly more involved. A resource, but not a great read. The style was too abrupt and did not flow as well as it could.
Crystal Wilson
Mar 04, 2014 Crystal Wilson rated it it was ok
I agree with the others who found this book cumbersome in lists, and light on much else. I also found the book comes written in a charismatic (mentions of speaking in tongues during a testimony, & declarations of miracles being active today) manner. Personally, theologically I am a reformed Presbyterian and such claims do not blend with my belief.
As a topical study, once you understand the premise of the book is to use verses of scripture for prayer, one will find several verses for various
Tobyann Aparisi
Nov 28, 2011 Tobyann Aparisi rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much for chosing me for this give away, even though I never received my copy, I went out and bought it. I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and had a good pace to it. I never received my free copy (that I won through first reads/good reads) I wanted to read it so I went out and got it. my self. Very inspirational and not just for one denomination but for anyone that wants or has a relationship with GOD. A great read.
Adriana Silva
Nov 03, 2011 Adriana Silva rated it it was amazing
I won this book through Good Reads. Pray what god says is a beautiful and inspiring book. Makes you feel closer to your faith. Thank you so much to Christine for this amazing book and for also including her other book "Talk to God with Affirmations of Faith" which I'm still reading.
Louise Walsh
Sep 10, 2011 Louise Walsh rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Really enjoyed the book. Just what I needed at just the right time. Thanks to goodreads for allowing to win this book and thanks to Christine for sending it.

*won on goodreads first reads*
Don McClure
Apr 25, 2011 Don McClure rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Think this is one of those must have book in mine or any collection.
The material is more then interesting. I love the Authors approach.
The more you read this book the better your understanding.
Caitlin
Aug 15, 2011 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a good reads first reads contest. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I hope it helps me become closer to the Lord.
Kristina Franken
Sep 05, 2012 Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Laurie
May 26, 2013 Laurie rated it really liked it
Nice reference book. I enjoyed the scripture set up in topical categories.
Debra Abshier
Aug 21, 2012 Debra Abshier rated it really liked it
A great read that I am sure to return to over and over again.
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Brenda Petterson
Brenda Petterson marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Danielle Dahm
Danielle Dahm marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Irene Johnson
Irene Johnson is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2016
Jessica  Bolin
Jessica Bolin marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Mary Lou McKinney
Mary Lou McKinney marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Danielle Marks
Danielle Marks marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Felicia Sommers
Felicia Sommers rated it did not like it
Jun 21, 2016
Bonnie Reinhardt
Bonnie Reinhardt rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Adeatra Thompson
Adeatra Thompson rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Liz Guzauskas
Liz Guzauskas marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Kristine Scott
Kristine Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Tina Thompson
Tina Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jaqui Saville-Scott
Jaqui Saville-Scott marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
J. Jaggi
J. Jaggi marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
  • NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom
  • God Wins: Heaven, Hell, and Why the Good News Is Better Than Love Wins
  • Deeper Into the Word: Reflections on 100 Words from the New Testament
  • 101 Faith Notes
  • Torn: Trusting God When Life Leaves You in Pieces
  • The Book of Daniel (Closed Up and Sealed Until the Time of Fulfillment)
  • God's Grammar: A Novel
  • The Ways of God (Finding Purpose Through Your Pain)
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • God Drives a Tow Truck
  • Autism's Hidden Blessings:  Discovering God's Promises for Autistic Children and Their Families
  • The Samurai Strategy
  • Life and Death at Hoover Dam
  • Elizabeth's Secrets
  • True Courage: Emboldened by God in a Disheartening World
  • Answers To Prayer
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • The God I Never Knew: How Real Friendship with the Holy Spirit Can Change Your Life
Christine Brooks Martin is a bestselling author of Christian prayerbooks, devotionals and inspirational titles. The focus of her writing is to evangelize the message of Jesus Christ and to help others learn how to pray, develop and deepen their relationship with God.

Her prayerbook titles include "Pray What God Says," "Talk to God with Affirmations of Faith," "He That Healeth Thee," (Spanish editi
More about Christine Brooks-Martin...