Truth Or Demon (New Orleans Vampires, #5)

Truth Or Demon (New Orleans Vampires #5)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  395 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Hot? Hell, Yeah.

If you ask Killian O'Brien, Hell gets a bad rap. True, he's a demon, so he's bound to be a little biased. But he's got great job security, all the women he can handle, a body to die for --literally -- and free reign to do as he likes. Or he did, until teenager Daisy Reed and her two friends got hold of a book of spells and summoned him to do their bidding.

T...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Kensington Books (first published February 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Truth Or Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth Or Demon

Steffi
An all around wonderful book!

Truth Or Demon tells the story of Killian, a demon from hell, and Poppy, a human from Boston.
Since both her parents died, Poppy takes care of her younger sister Daisy. Now Daisy loves her sister very much and just wants her to be happy again, which is why she summons Killian...to find her sister a new boyfriend.

Daisy and her friends are hilarious and their ideas and antics, sweet and adorable.
Poppy has been in a lot of pain in the last five years. Not only did her...more
Paranormal Haven
3.5 Stars

One minute Killian O'Brien was enjoying his expensive scotch and about to relax after a day of escorting souls into hell when he suddenly finds himself in a strange living room. Killian has been summed by Daisy and her teenage friends to find her older sister a boyfriend. He's not happy being at the mercy of teenage girls but if finding Poppy a boyfriend is what Killian must do, then let the search begin. But things start to get complicated when Killian begins to fall for the smart, pre...more
Wanda (Good Choice Reading)

What would you do if you get your hands on a spell book? Would you cast a spell to get what you desire? Or would you leave it alone?

Well Daisy and her friends (while on a sleep-over) decided to use this book of spells. Daisy wanted to cast a spell to find her sister "Poppy" a boyfriend. But I don't think they expected for the spell to actually work because they were shocked and surprised to see a man magically appeared in front of them. And what better way to welcome him, but they throwing hand...more
Melindeeloo
A group of teens give a twist to that old slumber party game 'truth or dare' when Daisy and her best buds summon a demon to find a boyfriend for Daisy's dedicated older sister Poppy.

The setup sounds odd but I actually really enjoyed Truth or Demon. The demon, Killian O'Brien, is bound to obey and can't return home until he finds the match for the sister which puts him at a disadvantage and the fact that a demon from "H,E, double-toothpicks" is completely managed by a gaggle of teenagers is pret...more
Becca
I have to say I think this has become my favorite in this series!

What's not to love? A sexy as all get out demon is summoned by a group of teenage girls....and now he has to do WHATEVER they say?!? Let me just make this clear...this book is HILARIOUS!

No worries though, between the bouts of humor there is plenty of steamy romance and wven a few scandalous sex scenes!

I love that this book has a realistic timeline on the romance, instead of the two just automatically jumping into bed as so many ro...more
Rosanna Leo
I had such a great time reading this book. Ms. Love has crafted a fun heroine, such a sexy hero and secondary characters that made me laugh so hard. I love the idea of the demon from hell being plagued by a trio of silly, teenaged girls. It is just a wonderful, all-around good read...and has a very memeorable rooftop love scene that has been burned into my brain!
Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites*
I found this book at the local bookstore not too long ago and was immediately smitten with the cover. Not too shabby, right? Truth or Demon is a light-hearted read about a sexy demon that falls in love with an average girl.

Killian is beautiful, confident, and eager to get back to his lair. First, however, Killian must find Poppy a soul mate. This task seems like a piece of cake at first, but as Killian gets to know Poppy, he finds he doesn't want to let her go. Although I really enjoyed Killian'...more
Amy Jacobs
Poppy has had to grow up fast when her parents die. She has to take care of her younger sister, Daisy, and pushes her own dreams aside to raise her. After a bad break-up, she has also given up on ever finding love. So Daisy decides to take matters into her own hands and summon a Demon to find Poppy's soul mate. Little did Daisy and her fellow teen friends know, Killian O'Brien could be just what they are looking for instead of just a Demon to do their bidding.

I absolutely adored this book! The c...more
Darcy
While I liked this story I have to rant about something...this book is labeled #5 in the New Orleans Vampires series. I have enjoyed reading the previous books and looked forward to seeing some of the previous books, but this book did not have any of those characters or even was in New Orleans, it was in Boston.

Ok, rant off, and now on to the book. You can just imagine all the high jinx's that will happen when 3 teens girls summon a demon to fulfill a wish. So what does a trio of teens wish for...more
Samantha
I find that I enjoy Love's books the most when I'm emotionally drained. That's usually the time that I want a low drama book that will still hold my attention. Love is pretty good for this, yet I almost always end up criticizing her for having too little drama. So... I'm a bit of a hypocrite. Especially, since the near zero drama going on in this story was one of main complaints.

With that said, the plot. Killian is a demon minding his own business down in hell when suddenly he finds himself stan...more
jo_t
When Killian meets Poppy

Poppy's young sister Daisy, and her best friends, Emma and Madison, find a spell in a fiction book to summon and demand a wish from a demon. They wished a demon who could find a boyfriend for Poppy, who has dedicated her life to raise Daisy, and who deserves happiness.

Well, their wish is granted, they got their demon, straight from The First Circle of Hell. Killian, who happens to be the nicest demon I ever read about. He is handsome, kind, understanding, charming and a...more
Kathy
Adrian
I've not read any of the other books in this series but that want a problem. This was a really quick read for me. There were a few times that I thought that it was a bit slow, that I wished the two main characters would just talk and stop assuming what the other was thinking or feeling. But really, overall, it want a bad book. It's not a book that will be winning any big literary awards for its complexity. But I've read much, much worse.
In a nutshell, he book is about this teen, Daisy, who has...more
Darkand
I love love LOVE Kathy Love's books. This tale, which is listed as #5 of the New Orleans Vampire series is no exception, although, I do wonder why it was included within this series since it has nary a vampire in it, nor is it set anywhere even close to New Orleans. Poppy was a wonderful heroine and the 3 teenage mousekateers were wonderful secondary characters. Killian was, of course, suitably hot, being a demon and all. The pairing of Poppy and Killian was definitely enjoyable. Now, if I could...more
Yulia
I like this book.

Killian and Poppy.
I love they too)

lives a demon, gives soul to hell, and quite happy with his life and then ...
his is caused by three girls, who have found a spell in a children's book. and he can't leave until he fulfill their desire - to find a soul mate for her sister. think of nothing. find a guy and all, but what if, instead of them to woo her, he drives away their fury?
what is wrong with him?
because it is simple human woman, but why he so responsive to her touch?
♥The Kat's Meow♥
Truth Or Demon (New Orleans Vampires, #5) by Kathy Love Kathy Love gives her larger-than-life hero an earthy quality. Which is practically an oxymoron considering that this larger-than-life hero happens to be a demon. Kathy breaths into her protagonist’s simple truths, warm hearts, and interesting quirks.

I'm looking forward to the next installment of the New Orleans Vampires.
Tammy
Truth or Demon is a cute read. Poppy's sister and her friends conjured the demon Killian and ordered him to find Poppy's soul mate. The love story between Poppy and Killian was hot. I loved Poppy's sister and her friends and Killian's response to them. I did not like Truth or Demon as much as the earlier New Orlean's Vampires books or the Young brothers books that Kathy Love wrote. All in all Truth or Demon is a fun read with likable main characters.
Teebee
As much as I love Kathy Love, I wasn't completely in love with this book.

It was a little YA for me. There was a teeny bopper in the book, it doesn't mean it has to cater to them.

Don't misunderstand... It was a great piece of writing.. like always, but it left me feeling like a high schooler.

Compared to the other 4 books of " New Orleans Vampire's" this was very Tame.

I still liked it.... and Kathy is still a great author!
Georgik Elena
God, I love this woman's books... and now I've just finished her last one and I'm having a weird feeling of desperation... like I said.. weird. I couldn't find another author that can give me the same peace of mind and spirit like she does. Anyway, great book, great love story, just like all the others Kathy Love wrote. Can't wait for a her next novels... I hope they will be many.
Luvs2dance
A nice enough read, though I found it hard to stay interested long enough to finish the book. Some of the conversation induced eye-rolls and I found it hard to believe how naive (plain dumb?) the heroine, Poppy, was portrayed a lot of the time. Lots of angst, a poorly developed bad guy thrown in just for kicks, and a rushed, anti-climactic ending that's disappointingly ... blah.
April-DAwn
This book was the first I have read of this series and now I have to go back. It was Hilarious! I dont recommend reading it in public unless you are ready to get some odd looks. I know I got them from the other side of the couch. Love it! Not your typical Demon/Romance.
Rhonda
This is the first Kathy Love book I read and it won't be the last! I loved the story and found myself laughing out loud at some points. I would definitely recommend this one and I am looking forward to reading more of Kathy's books.
Emoore0916
Started and couldn't get past chp 1 after finding out the GIRLS are teenagers and not preteens who summoned the demon......eek. The way they were interacting I thought they were maybe 10/11.....total turn off.
M Flowers
this book was ok as far as being a part of a series it failed none of the previous characters were involved only one was mentioned and that was because she was the author of the book involved I was very disappointed!!
Ashley
idk why theres so many bad reviews for this book i thought it was awesome ! had me laughing and squealing the whole time ! so sweet and nice and come onnnn DEMONS ! ahhhh i do so love my demon men <3 great book
Annique
While I really liked the rest in this series, this one was a little lacking for me. It took way too long to get going and I wasn't digging the teenage girls chatting throughout a romance novel.
Erica Mitchell
Funny, He is a demon who is brought from Hell to find Daisy's sister a boyfriend, until he starts liking her and realizes that all the men he thinks are good enough for her, are not him.
Mandi Schreiner
This was cute..maybe a little too silly. Wish Killian would have acted more evil at times since he is a demon. But a lighthearted read. Review to come.
Amy
Trish
The book was a little slow to get into but once it got going the wait was worth it. And I like my happy endings.
  • Seducing the Succubus (Sisters of Darkness, #1)
  • Eternal Flame (Night Watch, #3)
  • Darkness Undone (Marked Souls, #4)
  • Demon Hunting in Dixie (Demon Hunting, #1)
  • Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1)
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain, #1)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • Kiss at Your Own Risk (Soulfire, #1)
  • Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics, #1)
  • Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #2)
  • Moon Cursed (Nightcreature, #10)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • When Darkness Hungers (The Shadow Keepers, #5)
  • Body Master (The Body, #1)
  • Lightning in a Bottle (Trueblood, #3)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
Kathy Love has been labeled "a character-driven author, who prefers complex subjects that add an emotional, humorous edge" by Romantic Times. Originally from Maine, she now resides in Maryland with her husband, chatterbox three-year-old daughter, Emily, and Squiggy Piggy, a very sweet guinea pig.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread...more
More about Kathy Love...
Fangs for the Memories (Young Brothers, #1) Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2) Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #1) I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3) My Sister is a Werewolf (Young Brothers, #4)