Element Zero

Element Zero (Revivors #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Technologically reanimated corpses are frontline soldiers engaged in a neverending war. Agent Nico Wachalowski uncovered a conspiracy that allowed Samuel Fawkes, the scientist who created them, to control them beyond the grave. And now Fawkes has infected untold thousands with new technology, creating an undetectable army that will obey his every command-a living army that...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Roc (first published March 23rd 2011)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
There was too much about this book I didn't like, even though the idea is interesting, and the writing isn't bad, and the action is almost non-stop. It was too gritty and dark for my tastes. I guess I'm just not into zombies, regardless of the type.

Overall rating: 2.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books: http://bittenbybooks.com.
Cristy
ELEMENT ZERO (Revivors #3) is undoubtedly the best of the series and the stakes are definitely higher this go-around. There is even more action then there was in the first two books, if that is possible and you definitely get more of a true zombie vibe from the revivors in this installment.

In this final book, two years have passed since Cal found out she had been injected with Huma and narrowly escaped being blown to bits on a tanker, from the nuke that had been implanted in her gut. Now workin...more
Jessica Strider
Pros: top notch action, tense, understandable motivations on all sides/

Cons: denouement wasn't offset from climax, have to pay VERY close attention/

Things quickly come to a head in the third and final revivor's novel. Fawkes flips the switch that turns unsuspecting humans into revivors using the HUMA virus. But he's also made some adjustments to the virus' code, which FBI agent Nico Wachalowski slowly realizes are as much of a threat as the other weapons Fawkes turns on the city./

Meanwhile, Moto...more
Whitney
A fantastic end to a great series! I would love to see more of this world, as there is so much to it that was hinted at, but not really given a chance to explore deeper. The pacing was fast and the tension was kept high until the very end. Despite being able to see into several different character's heads (all of whom were involved in the story in very different ways) I could not guess as to how the book would end.

Massive kudos to James Knapp for such a great series, and I really hope to read mo...more
Nicole L Bates
Element Zero is the heart-thumping conclusion to one of the smartest science fiction trilogies I’ve read in a long time. Two things that I loved about the Revivor series (beginning with State of Decay, followed by The Silent Army) are 1) The very visual style of writing which allowed me to picture the story clearly and 2) The whole concept was completely new to me. I love new ideas.

I have never read any stories about zombies, or any kind of re-animated dead (except GRR Martin I guess, but I’m no...more
Megan E. McCarthy
Overall, I still like this series, but this one, the final book, was the hardest to get through. I found myself bored or frustrated a lot of the time. In its favor? Zoe Ott becomes slightly less obnoxious by the very end. But ultimately it comes down to a really absurd situation where literally everybody is threatening to blow up the city... because they feel forced to? By their enemies who are also threatening to blow up the city? But also don't actually want to blow it up? It just doesn't hang...more
Krystal
This book has it all, from conspiracies to massive, full-scale wars. The reader will never be bored, the scenes are fast-paced and intriguing, the characters are designed to make the reader feel a connection to them-no matter their choices in the novel. The idea, the ability to reanimate a corpse and possibly use that corpse to commit atrocities, is very interesting and begs for deep, detailed questions. What if there were stipulations to your theoretical answer? Would your answer vary if your l...more
Yvonne
Jun 28, 2011 Yvonne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sci-fi readers
Okay, so I cheated a little bit...for me personally, it was not 4 stars, BUT for fans of the sci-fi genre, it was easily 4-5 stars! I wanted to push myself intellectually and read outside of my typical genres and I'm glad that I did. Element Zero is fast-paced and action-packed. I personally had a hard time keeping up with the complexity of the storyline, but that is not at any fault of the author. Fans of futuristic conspiracy therories, zombie armies, and sci-fi in general will be pleased!

Plea...more
Danja
This book was pretty good, but it's getting a little tiresome to have so many things repeated and spelled out. I think it would be better to take a little break between the books. I'm going to read the next one because I want to see what happens next, but I will probably wait a month or two.
Joe Davidson
An action packed thrill ride from beginning to end. My only complaint was that the end was mildly unsatisfying. Another chapter or two of conclusion would have made it feel less like a rollercoaster that comes to a complete stop.
Gregory Litchfield
Not nearly as good as the first or even the second Revivor novels. Ultimately, it just felt like an overlong afterword.
Matthew Rich
It was wonderful trash. Easy to read, fast, vulgar in parts and interesting. Read it in an afternoon.
Rena
May 29, 2011 Rena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from First Reads Giveaway. Thank you. Looks good. Can’t wait to read it.
Ryan Leidal
Ryan Leidal marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Natasa
Natasa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Aletia
Aletia is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Toxey
Toxey marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Mariah
Mariah added it
Feb 07, 2014
Louisa
Louisa marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
State of Decay (Revivors, #1) The Silent Army (Revivors, #2) Nortel Networks: The Complete Reference The Norton Introduction to Poetry