Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about our Companions and Best Friends” as Want to Read:

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs will amuse and inspire all dog lovers with its true stories of amazing canine contributions, intelligence and intuitive abilities. Many of the stories will make readers laugh or cry, and they will all renew admiration for these canine companions.

We are all crazy about our dogs
Published March 15th 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

David Caldwell
This is a compilation of 101 of the best Chicken Soup stories about dogs.So if you are familiar with the Chicken Soup books, you might have already seen some of the stories.But if you are a dog lover it won't matter.It might be a cliche but these stories will touch your heart.Ranging from herioc dogs that save lives to doggie bandits raiding the refrigerator, these stories cover a gamut of emotions.

Most dog lovers probably believe that dogs are God's gift to people.I don't.I believe that people
Jenn
We got this with a bunch of books at the auction yesterday. I didn't mean to pick it up and start reading it - it just happened! And, yes, I know these stories are cheesy. And, yes, I'm a big suck who cried through most of it. But I love these stories. And have even contemplated picking up a few more books from the used store. I'm a sucker.
Rose
This book is so sweet and adorable. I would recommend it to any dog lover out there!
Rivkah.
I thought it was a nice collection of dog stories. I picked it off my shelf when I needed to read something on the train into Chicago, and it did it's purpose. I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it wsn't bad. A short easy, brainless read.
Gabriella
Another Chicken soup book- haven't read one in quite awhile, but I have to say this might be my favorite one- because I'm a total dog lover. Some of the stories made me cry, some made me laugh, overall a great read for dog lovers.
Melissa
Typical Chicken Soup book, some stories were really touching, others were just okay. I did skip over the dying dogs chapter, I'm too much of a wimp to read that.
Frieda
This is a great book for dog lovers to read a quick chapter now and again. Very humorous and enjoyable.
♥ Sandi
♥ Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Nancy Perras-spafford
Nancy Perras-spafford marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Chantal Auoin
Chantal Auoin marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Stacey Daly
Stacey Daly marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jin Li
Jin Li marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Jessica Farley
Jessica Farley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Raju Varma
Raju Varma marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Tory
Tory marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Manisha
Manisha marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Puppy That Came for Christmas: How a Dog Brought One Family the Gift of Joy
  • Nop's Trials
  • Dog Shaming
  • The dogs of war
  • The New Work of Dogs: Tending to Life, Love, and Family
  • Love Me, Cowboy: The Copper Mountain Rodeo Anthology (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #1-4)
  • Bliss to You: Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life
  • Giant George: Life with the World's Biggest Dog
  • What a Way to Go: The Guillotine, the Pendulum, the Thousand Cuts, the Spanish Donkey, and 66 Other Ways of Putting Someone to Death
  • The Grumpy Man
  • Her Cowboy Dilemma
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • Dogtripping: 25 Rescues, 11 Volunteers, And 3 RVs On Our Canine Cross-Country Adventure
  • Home For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas, #2)
  • For the Love of Animals: The Rise of the Animal Protection Movement
  • How Dogs Think: What the World Looks Like to Them and Why They Act the Way They Do
  • Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in a Crisis
  • Nightmare Range: The Collected Sueno and Bascom Short Stories

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)