Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about our Companions and Best Friends” as Want to Read:

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs will amuse and inspire all dog lovers with its true stories of amazing canine contributions, intelligence and intuitive abilities. Many of the stories will make readers laugh or cry, and they will all renew admiration for these canine companions.

We are all crazy about our dogs and can’t read enough about them, whether they’re misb
Published March 15th 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

David Caldwell
This is a compilation of 101 of the best Chicken Soup stories about dogs.So if you are familiar with the Chicken Soup books, you might have already seen some of the stories.But if you are a dog lover it won't matter.It might be a cliche but these stories will touch your heart.Ranging from herioc dogs that save lives to doggie bandits raiding the refrigerator, these stories cover a gamut of emotions.

Most dog lovers probably believe that dogs are God's gift to people.I don't.I believe that people
Jenn
Oct 23, 2011 Jenn rated it it was amazing
We got this with a bunch of books at the auction yesterday. I didn't mean to pick it up and start reading it - it just happened! And, yes, I know these stories are cheesy. And, yes, I'm a big suck who cried through most of it. But I love these stories. And have even contemplated picking up a few more books from the used store. I'm a sucker.
Gabriella
Jan 13, 2009 Gabriella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Chicken soup book- haven't read one in quite awhile, but I have to say this might be my favorite one- because I'm a total dog lover. Some of the stories made me cry, some made me laugh, overall a great read for dog lovers.
Rivkah.
I thought it was a nice collection of dog stories. I picked it off my shelf when I needed to read something on the train into Chicago, and it did it's purpose. I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it wsn't bad. A short easy, brainless read.
Rose
Jan 02, 2014 Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is so sweet and adorable. I would recommend it to any dog lover out there!
Melissa
Mar 12, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Chicken Soup book, some stories were really touching, others were just okay. I did skip over the dying dogs chapter, I'm too much of a wimp to read that.
Frieda
May 19, 2009 Frieda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for dog lovers to read a quick chapter now and again. Very humorous and enjoyable.
Lili Laniati
Lili Laniati rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Shannon Fioretti
Shannon Fioretti rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
Rebecca Burgin
Rebecca Burgin rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Dena
Dena rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
georgia dupuis
georgia dupuis rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Nayla
Nayla rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Phinneas-David
Phinneas-David rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Gloria
Gloria rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2008
Belle
Mar 19, 2016 Belle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love stories!!!
Jessy
Jessy rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2009
michelle
michelle rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2009
Suzy
Suzy rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Whitney Marie
Whitney Marie rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Tamarus
Tamarus rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2011
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Edward Sturm
Edward Sturm rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2017
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
May 08, 2012
Leaha Schmidt
Leaha Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Debi
Debi rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • In Pursuit of the Common Good: Twenty-Five Years of Improving the World, One Bottle of Salad Dressing at a Time
  • How Dogs Think: What the World Looks Like to Them and Why They Act the Way They Do
  • The Puppy That Came for Christmas: How a Dog Brought One Family the Gift of Joy
  • Nop's Trials
  • Dogs and the Women Who Love Them: Extraordinary True Stories of Loyalty, Healing, and Inspiration
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • I Am Not a Psychic!: A Novel
  • Saving Izzy: The Abandoned Dog Who Stole My Heart
  • The Dogs of War
  • What a Way to Go: The Guillotine, the Pendulum, the Thousand Cuts, the Spanish Donkey, and 66 Other Ways of Putting Someone to Death
  • Love Me, Cowboy: The Copper Mountain Rodeo Anthology (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #1-4)
  • Fangs for the Mammaries
  • Half a Dozen Star Jumps
  • Nightmare Range: The Collected Sueno and Bascom Short Stories
  • Connected Souls A Dog Story
  • The Grumpy Man
  • Giant George: Life with the World's Biggest Dog
  • Remember Me, Cowboy

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...