Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery: 101 Inspirational and Comforting Stories about Surviving the Loss of a Loved One

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Readers mourning the loss of a loved one will find solace and strength in these 101 emotional and inspiration stories from those who have gone through the grieving process. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery will help readers during this difficult time.

Everyone grieves in their own way. While the hurt and sadness never completely fade, it eases with time. Con...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Lenore Webb

We all have times where we are having to grieve and from that we then enter into recovery. That spot where the light begins to shine once again in our lives. We have all had to go through this process. It is not anything that we wish to do but a part of the life process. How we handle it is where we each show our strengths. Myself, crying is where I do not do well. I try so hard to hold it in. It feels as if the damn will burst and never stop. Of course we all know that it will eventually flow t...more
Arief Nake
udah lama g nulis review buku di goodreads nih :D

well gw beli buku ini seminggu setelah nyokab gw wafat. ketemu buku ini jg g sengaja pas lagi di rak buku-buku chicken soup dan liat dari judulnya gw ngerasa kyknya buku ini cocok bwt gw yg lagi berduka ketika itu.

buku ini bukan berisi motivasi atau tips-tips yang biasa terangkum dalam buku-buku self help, tapi lebih ke arah cerita, pengalaman hidup orang-orang yang ditulis kembali. buku ini bercerita mengenai kisah orang-orang yang kehilangan ora...more
Guillermo
Grieving is a process everyone goes through in their own way. It often feels overwhelming and as if the sorrow will never end. While the hurt and sadness never completely fade, it eases with time. This collection of emotional and inspirational stories will provide comfort and peace to those mourning the loss of someone close. Others who have lost a loved one share their stories of what helped, offering guidance and support. With its stories of regaining strength, appreciating life, coping, and f...more
Dayana
En este caso, el libro es sobre la muerte de los seres queridos y el proceso de reconstruirse y seguir viviendo a pesar de esa pérdida.

En casi todos los libros de la colección se ha hablado de una manera u otra de la muerte; pero en este caso se han reunido experiencias con el fin específico de compartir el dolor transformándolo en historias de vidas que trascendieron a pesar de la desaparición física.

Para leer el resto de la reseña los invito a pasar por mi blog: http://www.dayanabarrionuevo.co...more
Christine
I truly enjoyed the stories in this Chicken Soup for the Soul book. It made me cry alot, but also made me feel at peace with some of the loss that I have experienced in the last few years.

I found this book quick to read, and because the stories are short, I was able to stop reading after each one and reflect on it if I needed to.

I would say that if you have recently lost someone this will be hard to get through. After a couple of stories in particular, I had stop reading for awhile because it...more
Jin Li
Jin Li marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jessica Farley
Jessica Farley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Natalie N
Natalie N marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Sarah Wall
Sarah Wall marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Mildred Plotka
Mildred Plotka marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Gina
Gina added it
Mar 05, 2014
Phallecy Hussein
Phallecy Hussein marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Feb 17, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)