The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)

The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
For Fifteen hundred years the world of Gatheck has been at relative peace, but it cannot last. Someone is trying to break the world apart.

Father Simet-Holste, a priest of the goddess Calcia, is learning new magic. With the blessing of the head of the Calcian faith, Holste is stealing magic from witches; learning their heathen ways and putting those spells to better use. B...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Breaker, Cochin

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Heart

Renee T
Well I'll start by saying this book isn't for everyone. However, that doesn't mean it's not good. I found it to be a fantastic beginning!

Vampire's, witches, priests and Gods abound in this book with a different approach to each. There are elements and hints at ideas previously written by other authors, but it's still unique in it's presentation. I must admit I rather like the representation of the Vampire's in this book. They're rather more interesting than the sparkly ones.

The world is built u...more
Amanda
whoa...reading this was like a combination of walking through a dense fog and catching glimpses of a beautiful island only to get lost again. I wanted so badly to enjoy it, but I just couldn't. 148 pages was all the good ole college try I could muster for this one.
It reminded me a little of Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's almost diary-like, moving from one character to another. It is like their daily journals brought to life and with no continuity (at least in the first 148 pages.)
I personally nee...more
Alexandra Rolo
É impressionante como um livro que começa bem pode se tornar num tédio e acabar sem a mínima vontade de ler o segundo volume.
The Vampire's Heart começa com um homem a sair da sua própria sepultura sem qualquer memória de quem é, apenas para descobrir que é um vampiro, mas não um qualquer, um Lis-Karalys, um líder. E temos também uma bruxa que foge do cativeiro.
O engraçado desta história é que na sua procura pela sua esposa desaparecida ele encontra duas mulheres, as duas com magia e apaixona-...more
Stuart
Great stuff! Breaker will have you on the edge of your seat, rooting for the good guys, the bad guys, and the people you're just not sure about, especially as they face each other.
I loved it when I first read it, and now can't wait for part 5 to be released!
Deana
Good story. VERY dense. If you're looking for a light read, skip this and come back when you're looking for something substantial and mentally challenging.

Kelly Knight
This book was unique, to say the least. I liked it, but it wouldn't be for everyone.... witches, gods, vampires...
Cassiday Tamillo
Dec 03, 2011 Cassiday Tamillo marked it as to-read
I started to read it, couldn't get into it. I saved it in my kindle books, will likely give it another shot.
Heather Bireley
Heather Bireley marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Shalan Pitstra
Shalan Pitstra marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jessica Blackmore
Jessica Blackmore marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Sarah Levine
Sarah Levine marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jennifer Ludwig bollnow
Jennifer Ludwig bollnow marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nikkii
Nikkii marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Sydney Paige
Sydney Paige marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Maegan
Maegan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Lilly ~ Lihllith~
Lilly ~ Lihllith~ marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Angel Gress
Angel Gress marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Darkness Rising (The Legion Legacy, #2) Godblood (The Legion Legacy, #3) The Dead Wolf (The Legion Legacy, #4) The Garamanth Addendum (The Legion Legacy Short Stories) Angelsong (The Legion Legacy Short Stories)