Start by marking “Amore selvaggio” as Want to Read:
Amore selvaggio

Amore selvaggio (Wyoming #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4,895 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
Jocelyn, giovane e seducente aristocratica inglese, rimane vedova dopo un breve matrimonio. Perseguitata dai parenti del marito, che farebbero di tutto pur di strapparle la cospicua eredità, la donna decide di lasciare in gran fretta il propio paese.

Viaggiando per il mondo,finisce per approdare nel selvaggio West, dove s'imbatte in Colt Thunder. Ribelle, solitario e dannat
Published 2005 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Amore selvaggio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amore selvaggio

Lily C
I would like 409 pages of my life back.
(Review coming soon)
Zeek
Coming upon a coach accident after hearing a gunshot, Colt Thunder pulls out of the wreckage the talkingest white woman he ever met. After being beaten to an inch of his life for falling for a white woman in the past, the last thing the halfbreed needed was being in the presence of a English lady- and a rich one at that. But there’s something about this one that causes a strong pull... which is why he makes his escape as soon as her entourage shows up.

Still, Jocelyn Flemming, Her Grace the Duche
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Wyoming series by Johanna Lindsey. Her Grace, Lady Jocelyn Fleming, is a widowed duchess on the run from a man referred to as "Longnose". When her husband died he set her up with a fortune and an entourage to escape his greedy relatives. "Longnose" was hired to bring her back. Jocelyn hires half-breed Colt Thunder to guide her to Wyoming.

This is another book that I read back in the 1980s when it was first published. Back then Johanna Lindsey did no wrong and I read anythin
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Many of Johanna Lindsey's historical romance novels, including this one, are on sale for just $0.99!

When I accessed her books via her author's page on amazon, I didn't see the sale price, but if you follow this link then scroll down, you'll see all the books are $0.99!

Also, is this the book with the 'sex on a horse' scene?

Savage Thunder (Wyoming Book 2) by Johanna Lindsey for $0.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...
Nisha
Johanna Lindsey is a hit or miss for me, most of the time. This time, it worked.

White Thunder, now Colt Thunder, is the half-brother of Jesse, the heroine from the 1st book. It's been a handful of years, and he has tried to integrate himself into white society. Unfortunately, that failed and he wears the scars for that incident. He no longer likes white women.

Oh the irony, when he saves the Duchess, Jocelyn, a young rich woman with an entourage, from a run in with an assassin. Yes, that part wi
Slayermel
Jan 01, 2008 Slayermel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good Romance book or loves Johanna Lindsey
I read this book in two days; I just could not put it down. I'm not usually one for Western Romance Novels but I got hooked on this one. Such interesting characters a duchess and a Cheyenne Warrior, combine that with a great story and the steamy love scenes, who could resist. I also enjoyed the fact that the leading lady wasn't some push over; she was spunky and could hold her own. Johanna Lindsey you have not let me down yet.
~~~Heather S.~~~
Feb 15, 2011 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance fans
Recommended to ~~~Heather S.~~~ by: Sparkle
Well call me a Granny because I loved this book, thanks for daring me Sparkle! I thought the cover was hilarious, it looked like one of my Grandma's books that we all teased her about reading. But it's another example of don't judge a book by it's cover!!

It read like an epic Western movie with action, adventure, intrigue, and a reluctant romance. Once the story started rolling, I couldn't put it down and finished in one day!
Lucy Westenra
Jul 23, 2015 Lucy Westenra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Le había puesto 4, pero en la relectura le pongo un 5, que me lo he pasado bomba leyéndolo :-)
Ay Colt, qué hombreeeeeee!!!!! Llámame duquesa cuando te plazca...grrrrr
AliciaJ
Good old Johanna Lindsey. Nobody does an old-fashioned bodice-ripper like she can. Sometimes I like to just dive in to one of these "oldies but goodies" for the pure enjoyment of it. Wonderful stuff.
Kati
A fun old school romance! The ending had me rolling my eyes as the dialog became a bit too, well, old school...
Stephanie (Jump)
This was much better than my last JL book. But it was a lot of pushing away from our hero. Sure, given his back story we can understand that. But we really didn't get a lot of time with him. He was always staying out of sight. And on the occasions when he was around he was mostly being rude or aloof to heroine.

Then when the author finally gave us that 1 week, the last leg of the journey, where they had fewer barriers and hero stop fighting his inner attractions, there wasn't a lot of s
Danette Steward
Oct 18, 2010 Danette Steward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lindsey-johanna
I was in the mood for a light and fast-paced read. It was a refreshing change to have the heroine pursue the hero. Moved along with a great plot and was a little tame UNTIL chapter 38....OH MY! Never really imagined THAT before (wide eyed blink blink, blink)....Nope, not gonna tell....you have to read it yourself :)
Yasmine Abed
Apr 19, 2012 Yasmine Abed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a great book! Such a good easy read and as usual Linsey always adds great books to my library that you can read again and again and never get bored:)
Flavia Sugnu
Jan 17, 2010 Flavia Sugnu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fic, borrowed
Oh man.!. I loved this one.!. Such a shame I could only borrow it. This is one of the reasons why I love Johanna's novels. Read the book and you will understand the meaning of a great novel.
Tina Wright
Mar 07, 2016 Tina Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot of Lindseys back in the day, and this one was my favorite. You've got Fabio with black hair on the cover, and sex on horseback inside. What more do you want?
Lelyana
Apr 08, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Am in love...totally deeply fall for Colt Thunder...

Cerita di mulai dengan sangat menyedihkan di Wyoming, Colt Thunder di cambuk dengan cambuk kuda sama boss nya cuma karena dia separuh Indian , dan memacari anak bos yg kulit putih. Sampai berdarah2 dan hapir mati, untung lah Jessie segera datang bersama pasukan nya. Jessie (heroine buku 1) tetap gagah perkasa dan gak ada takut nya.

Lelyana
Feb 08, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Am in love...totally deeply fall for Colt Thunder...

Cerita di mulai dengan sangat menyedihkan di Wyoming, Colt Thunder di cambuk dengan cambuk kuda sama boss nya cuma karena dia separuh Indian, dan memacari anak bos yg kulit putih. Sampai berdarah2 dan hapir mati, untung lah Jessie segera datang bersama pasukan nya. Jessie (heroine buku 1) tetap gagah perkasa dan gak ada takut nya.

Nyawa Colt di selamatkan Jessie, tapi hati nya tetap berdarah2. Ini yg mendasari kepahitan dia dalam memandang ras
Jenn
Feb 24, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh goodness, how do I rate thee? If I compare this book to more recent fare, it doesn't bode well, but if I think about it as a bastion of 80s romance goodness, it would rank pretty high. I had never read this infamous novel with the horseback sex scene and was convinced by a few good ladies in twitter to not only read it but to live tweet as I did. And so...I did. This is a fantastic book as long as you keep in mind when it was written. If published today I think it would suffer a great deal of ...more
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Haaayyy... Haayyy... Ternyata Benaar... Gw akan lebih Cinta cerita ini dari yang sebelumnya...

Review menyusul yaah... lagi belajar.. belom sempet.. :P

yang Pastii... Sang Halilintar Putih ini... uuuuhHHhhhh Woooowwww...

Adegan di atas kudanyaaaaa.... bikiinn...

Gyahhahhahaha....

Love this Book!!!

==PecintaPriaNakalBersaksi... Pria ini??? Mukyaaa!!!! ==

annisa belikov casillas
akhirnya tamat juga nih baca setelah berhari-2....tapi kenapa baca ini engga dapat feelnya yach http://www.smileycodes.info...

lucu yang pas main "kuda-kudaan" di atas kuda...kok bisa yach sampe 3 kali O pula http://www.smileycodes.info.
Zoe
Oct 18, 2016 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book quite a while ago but didn't rate it. OK story, I didn't like the duchess so much. She seemed like a spoiled brat for a large part of the book to me. I had the impression that she knew she had status and money, and she expected to be treated better because of that. I found it rather unattractive.
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jocelyn, an English duchess on the run from greedy relatives, tricks Colt Thunder, a half-breed who despises white people, into escorting her into Wyoming.

Great story about overcoming prejudice. Colt is a little stubborn, but Jocelyn is refreshing in her honesty.
Stacey Howell
This was a good read. I felt that it dragged on in a few parts, and I think it could have used some more sex scenes. The hero was steamy & the heroine more interesting than most. A good plot & ending. If you like western romance, it's worth the read.
Soapykitty
Feb 11, 2012 Soapykitty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I love historical fiction that takes place in the Wild West and this book doesn't disappoint.Some parts were a little slow and there isn't much romance between the two (but that's fine with me!)so if you like mushy love stories then this book isn't for you.
Pamela
Dec 31, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this story! She captured the wild-west and made the love story truly believable! I will definitely read this one again in the future!
Connie
Nov 25, 2008 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
I did not know this was a series. I will be searching for the others because I loved this book. It was fun and exciting. And I'll just say yummy!
Cynthia Roberts
Mar 27, 2010 Cynthia Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read
Chris
This was one of those books that once you read it, that particular scene will be stuck in your mind for quite sometime. Proven and tested.
Melonie
Nov 12, 2010 Melonie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-closet
First time reading a sex while riding a horse scene...ouch.
Christi Labib
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • First Love, Wild Love
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Sing My Name
  • Defiant Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #2)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Garters (Small Town Swains)
  • Velvet Chains
  • Nobody's Darling
  • The Awakening (Montgomery/Taggert, #12)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Wyoming (3 books)
  • Brave the Wild Wind (Wyoming, #1)
  • Angel (Wyoming, #3)

“Attitudes change once the die is cast,” 2 likes
“Scream now, Duchess, while you’ve got the chance. You won’t get another.” 1 likes