Start by marking “Dying for Justice (Detective Jackson Mystery #5)” as Want to Read:
Dying for Justice (Detective Jackson Mystery #5)

Dying for Justice (Detective Jackson Mystery #5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,206 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews

Ten years ago, Hector Vargas confessed to the cold-blooded murder of Detective Wade Jackson’s parents. Now, facing his own death, Vargas has reached out from prison to declare his innocence. Armed with the shocking new truth that dirty cops railroaded Vargas, Jackson must revisit the painful past to get justice for his parents—and jail the ruthless killer.

Meanwhile, Gina

Published March 23rd 2012 by Spellbinder Press (first published February 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dying for Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying for Justice

Rick
Aug 06, 2011 Rick rated it it was amazing
LJ Sellers writes consistently reliable--and gripping thrillers--set in Eugene, OR. This one is no exception and may perhaps be better than some of the others. I totally enjoyed it.
Patricia
Mar 21, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Clark and Evelyn Jackson were shot to death in their home eleven years ago. Detective Wade Jackson has moved beyond the horror of his parent’s murder and his estrangement from his brother Derrick. Wade and his brother inherited their parent’s home but Derrick lives there even though the house should have been sold and the proceeds divided between the two brothers. When Wade receives a letter from the man who had been convicted of the murders, old wounds are once again brought to the surface.

Hect
Elizabeth A.
Though Wade Jackson has by far the best clearance rate of any detective in the Eugene, Oregon Police Department, he’s never worked a cold case before, which is what he’s up against in Dying for Justice, the fifth book in author L.J. Sellers’s series featuring the detective.

A handyman who confessed to a double-murder eleven years prior retracts his statement, telling Jackson he was isolated, starved, and tortured for three days by detectives before finally breaking down and confessing just to mak
Jeff Bottrell
Mar 10, 2015 Jeff Bottrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good mystery novel from L.J. Sellers. In this installment of the Detective Jackson series, the simmering chemistry between Jackson and Evans begins to heat up. We get a lot more of Evans in this story, and the energetic detective with the type A personality wins the reader over with her spunkiness. I'm always impressed with the way Sellers lays out her plots, generally with one or two surprises at the end. The pacing is really impressive and there are no dull moments. Sellers is one of t ...more
Kitty Honeycutt
Oct 10, 2011 Kitty Honeycutt rated it it was amazing
Love those murder mysteries! L.J. Sellers is a great writer and this book was no exception. Gina is in a coma for two years after being hurt and when she wakes up she realizes that someone tried to murder her and make it look as though she tried to commit suicide. The entire story is a whirlwind as she joins up with Lara Evans to find out who the person is and why they did it! Pick up this book! It's a good read and one you won't be able to put down.

Kitty Bullard / Great Minds Think Aloud / http
Kathleen Hagen
Dying for Justice, by L. J. Sellers, b-plus, Narrated by Patrick Lawlor, Produced by Brilliance Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

After 10 years in prison, the man convicted of murdering Detective Wade Jackson's parents declares his innocence. After two years in
a coma, a woman suspected of attempted suicide awakens, claiming her ex-husband tried to kill her. Now, two of the most baffling cases facing the Violent
Crimes Unit of Eugene, Oregon, will put Jackson and his protégée, Detective Lara Eva
Jeannie
Mar 17, 2016 Jeannie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Jackson story yet!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading another LJ Sellers novel, it had been awhile, but in just a few pages, I felt right at home.
In this book, Lara Evans took on a more prominent role - and man, she is a force to be reckoned with.
There were surprises to the end, and a roller coaster between the beginning and the end.

Each of the Detective Jackson stories could be read independently, but if you're like me- start at the beginning of the series.

The book order is easily found on th
Howard
Mar 07, 2014 Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her books keep getting better and this one holds your interest. It gave you more info on one of Jackson’s partners, Det. Evans who proves she is quite capable. The twists and turns keep your interest and you keep trying to guess what is next as it takes off into different directions. Not sure if the sexual element was needed. The final chapter was also well done leaving the reader with questions for what might come about in the next book. When readers like the characters and the general theme it ...more
Meg
Jun 27, 2011 Meg rated it it was amazing
Good Book!! One of a series of books about a police detective, Wade Jackson and his partner Lara Evans.

Gina woke up! Gina has been in a coma for two years, thought to be brought on by a suicide attempt, but she said it was attempted murder by her ex. Evans gets to be primary on this case, and it is her first time with all the responsibility.

Jackson's parents were murdered many years ago and the convicted murderer is dying of cancer and wants to see Jackson. He tells Jackson that he didn't murder
Lizzie Hayes
Aug 31, 2012 Lizzie Hayes rated it it was amazing
‘Dying For Justice’ by L.J. Sellers
Published by Spellbinder Press, 2011. ISBN 9780983213833

Gina Stahl, opens her eyes but has no idea where she is, all that comes instantly into her mind is ‘someone tried to kill me’.

When she comes to full consciousness she discovers that she is in a long-term care facility and has been in a coma for two years, following her suicide attempt. Although her brain is fuzzy Gina tells the police that she had not tried to commit suicide but that that she had been atta
Doug Bower
Jun 08, 2011 Doug Bower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by L.J. Sellers! In this book you really see the emergence of Evans as a detective in her own right (although Jackson is still a prominent figure, he shares the spotlight in this book). In this book, Jackson re-opens and investigates the case of his parent's murders that happened 11 years ago. In addition, Evans is assigned the investigation of a woman who wakes up from a coma after 2 years and claims her ex-husband (a cop) tried to kill her. These two investigations take on l ...more
April Taylor
Apr 01, 2011 April Taylor rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth and latest in the Detective Jackson series by L J Sellers. Wade Jackson an Oregon detective made his first appearance in 'The Sex Club'. I enjoyed the book and with the ease of the Kindle downloading system and also the incredibly reasonable price of just over 2 per book, I've read all of them in the space of a week. After the third, I began to sense a pattern, but Sellers must also have sensed it, because Nos 4 and 5 were much more complex.

In 'Dying for Justice', Gina wakes up
Marva
Mar 30, 2011 Marva rated it really liked it
A woman wakes from a two year coma. Everyone thought she'd attempted suicide, but she claims something else happened. Somebody had attacked her and staged a suicide.

A condemned murderer writes an appeal to Detective Jackson to re-open the case, claiming he wasn't the murderer after all, but had been browbeaten into a confession. Can Detective Jackson put aside his feelings to find the truth of the matter? It's especially hard since the man was convicted or murdering Jackson's own parents.

My favo
Emily
Jun 01, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not one for thriller/Mystery novels I was a little shocked to find that I wanted this one and entered to win it. After reading the synopsis I was intrigued but still a little leery about whether or not it would change my feelings about the whole genre and pull me in. Timid I opened the first few pages after recieving the book and closed it once more. Still a little unsure. However it took only those few pages to make me curious. Unable to stay away I went back and began to read more. Getting pul ...more
Amy
May 21, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hope I didn't pay much for this ebook. I find the writing so formulaic that I doubt I will spend much more time with it and I'm only a few chapters in. I wish Amazon had not abandoned the user lists, as I'm sure if I could see and recognize other choices the recommender has made I would be better informed whether our tastes match. The star system alone has proved very unreliable so far.
Rogue Reader
My first LJ Sellers thriller and it won't be my last. Dying for Justice is Sellers' 5th Detective Wade Jackson mystery so there's lots of back story from earlier works to tempt me. Jackson discovers new evidence surrounding the murder of his parents and is tormented with the idea that their killer is still at large. Meanwhile, he's also working a case with Detective Lara Evans, who's a physical and emotional distraction.

Good character development, familiar local Eugene, Oregon setting and a gre
Parthenia  Ham
Jul 30, 2016 Parthenia Ham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forget Sleeping!

I've read all in this series and plan to read the next . I love the characters and the plots . Rated 4 instead 5 because when this one first started, things had hsppened that made me think I had missed one. But then all fell together and it was read all night! I loved the book..and this series!
Milissa
Apr 14, 2015 Milissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Amazing Book!!

Detective Jackson tries to solve his parents homicide. Detective Evans is asked to investigate a coma patient who just woke up after two years. A great twist at the end.

This author is amazing. I am reading all of her books. I highly recommend her books to everyone.
Jill Burkinshaw
Dec 31, 2014 Jill Burkinshaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book in the Detective Jackson series. This book focuses more on Wade's personal life as he investigates the murder of his parents as a 10 year old cold case while Evans investigates alone the case of a coma patient who wakes up after 2 years and claims she was attacked and didn't try to commit suicide as everyone thought. As is the norm with this series there are many twists and turns and an unexpected ending. Brilliant!! .
George B. Roberts
This is like a granm r book reporting

Detective Jackson was great as usual and the story was very very very very very very very very very very interesting. I think it is silly to require me to write a review.
Patricia Mccammon
Another good book

When a woman wakes up after 2 years in a coma, she says someone tried to kill her. Then a cold case from 10 years ago connects.
Carol Sheehan
Dec 29, 2015 Carol Sheehan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still keeping my interest

I have been reading this Detective Jackson series and I continue to be sucked into the page turning stories. Now I have to find the next book.
Suzanne Maughan
The Jackson books are losing pace a little. I'll keep reading though as this is a good series. I do wonder, though, if the storylines are a touch far fetched.
Carrie Miller
Aug 22, 2016 Carrie Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dying for justice

A very good book keeps you edge to the end a must read I recommend to everyone
So read it it's fun
Penni
Jan 26, 2016 Penni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Detective Jackson novel. He solves the murder of his parents and a girl just out of a coma. Very good. Borrowed from amazon prime.
Stephanie
Disappointed -- this was my least favorite of the Detective Jackson series.

The series had been getting better with each book, #4 Passions of the Dead being my favorite, but this one was a let down for me. Part of the reason why I enjoyed the series is the preciseness/crispness of the writing and how they were more police procedural with little bits of the romance/personal life thrown in. Dying for Justice is more about the personal life with a bit of a mystery/crime added to enhance the info on
Nina
Mar 11, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I love this series.. Had me guessing right up to the end. I am adding this author to my must read authors.
Lisa Tortorello
May 11, 2012 Lisa Tortorello rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed L.J. Sellers book Dying for Justice. I especially liked the character of Detective Jackson. He was down to earth and very believable!

Lara Evans, the detective in training, gets assigned to deal with a lady who comes out of a coma after two years claiming someone tried to kill her. Meanwhile, Detective Jackson unofficially reopens the case of his murdered parents. He thought the murderer was in prison but new information has been discovered to make him believe the murderer is st
Sally
Jun 29, 2012 Sally rated it really liked it
After two years in a coma, Gina Stahl wakes up in a long-term care facility. Attending staff inform her she had attempted suicide, however Gina remembers the events much differently. Claiming to be the victim of attempted homicide, the police are brought in to investigate.

Meanwhile, Detective Wade Jackson receives a letter from the man who confessed to killing his parents, ten years earlier. Jackson reopens his parents case and finds there are many unanswered questions from the cold case files a
Marti
I never would have guessed the truth!! That is just what you want in a murder mystery/thriller. L. J. Sellers has kept me up past my bedtime again with her book Dying for Justice. The main character is again Wade Jackson with his daughter, girlfriend and police people on his team, specifically Evan. They together are both investigating two murders that happened years apart. Together they work on the open case and alone Jackson works on the closed case. I feel that this book is the best of the se ...more
  • Staccato (Inola Walela/Steven Hawk Suspense Series, #1)
  • Lost in Lexicon: An Adventure in Words and Numbers
  • The Corruptible (Ray Quinn #2)
  • The Devil's Hour (Laura Cardinal #3)
  • Family Secrets (A Cop in the Family, #1)
  • Trapped Nerves
  • Take Me Home
  • The Amazing Adventures of John Smith, Jr. AKA Houdini
  • The Officers' Club
  • Neon Mirage (Nathan Heller, #4)
  • The Missing Quilter: Miranda Hathaway Adventure #2
  • On the Soul of a Vampire (On the Soul, #1)
  • Pilgrim of the Sky
  • Emily Hudson
  • Tropical Dreams
  • The Tanglewood Terror
  • The Animal
I write the bestselling Detective Jackson mystery/thriller series—a Readers Favorite award winner—as well as the Agent Dallas series and provocative standalone thrillers. My 19 novels have been highly praised, and I'm one of the highest ranked crime fiction authors on Amazon.

I reside in Eugene, Oregon where my many of my novels are set, and I'm also an award-winning journalist who earned the Grand
More about L.J. Sellers...

Detective Jackson Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Sex Club (Detective Jackson Mystery, #1)
  • Secrets to Die For (Detective Jackson Mystery, #2)
  • Thrilled to Death (Detective Jackson Mystery, #3)
  • Passions of the Dead (Detective Jackson Mystery, #4)
  • Liars, Cheaters, & Thieves (Detective Jackson Mystery, #6)
  • Rules of Crime (Detective Jackson Mystery, #7)
  • Crimes of Memory (Detective Jackson Mystery, #8)
  • Deadly Bonds (Detective Jackson Mystery, #9)
  • Wrongful Death (Detective Jackson Mystery, #10)
  • Death Deserved (Detective Jackson Mystery #11)

“Hi, Dad. I’m glad you” 0 likes