Start by marking “In the Dark: In the Dark / Person of Interest” as Want to Read:
In the Dark: In the Dark / Person of Interest

In the Dark: In the Dark / Person of Interest

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Alexandra McCord's perfect life was crumbling. After stumbling upon the body of a dead woman, she found that her working paradise on Moon Bay Island had turned into a nightmare. Each piece of evidence she discovered seemed to point toward someone on the island—and to herself as the next victim. But who would do this? And why had David Denham, the ex-husband she hadn't seen...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Dark

Andrea Hussey
Debbie Heaton
In the Dark-
Alex McCord has a perfect life until she stumbles upon the body of a dead woman. Suddenly, working on Moon Bay Island has turned into a nightmare where each piece of discovered evidence seemed to point toward someone on the island--and to herself as the next victim. Who would do this and why had her ex-husband, David Denham, a man she hadn't seen for more than a year, suddenly decide to pay her a visit? Believing her ex-husband's claims that he was there out of concern for her safety...more
Lynn
"In the Dark" by Heather Graham

Alexandra McCord is a dolphin trainer on a resort island off of the coast of Florida. She has been divorced from David Denham who is a treasure hunter / TV celebrity who decided that it was better to be off exploring the world with scantily dressed associates than with his wife doing dolphin research. So when he returns to her island resort she is suspicious -- why has he returned to her too-tame world? It turns out her name was raised by an elderly treasure hunter...more
Jennifer Hill
This book was just okay. There was a lot of story leading up to the climax, and then it was just over. I didn't really connect with any of the characters, and I found the "villian" to be lacking any interesting qualities. And the main character, Alex, I just found to be annoying.
Elsbeth Magilton
Heather Graham's story, In the Dark, is fun if not really obvious in both the romance and the mystery, but fun. The second story, Person of Interest, I couldn't even finish. Truly poor and cliche writing style - or at least it didn't work for me.
Ursula Gorman
I have finished the first story in this book, In the Dark by Heather Graham, and it deserves a 5 star rating for its fast paced action and storyline. It is also for its intrigueing beginning...The story starts out in the middle, then jumps to the beginning and takes you through the story up to and beyond where it started. Yes, this story deserves a 5 star rating in my opinion.
I'll see if the second half, Person of Interest by Debra Webb, is as deserving of a 5 star rating.

I read the paperback ve...more
Carolyn E
Apr 08, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I enjoyed this book. Heather Graham's stories are always good with plenty of action and a bit of romance thrown in.

Also included in this book is a story by Debra Webb, entitled Person Of Interest. This book is also romantic suspense; I enjoyed both of these stories.
Joann Atkinson
I really liked this book its a woman that divorces her husband and goes to live on a beach and her husband shows up and dead bodies start to show up is he the killer or not it keeps you guessing.
Joann
I usually don't read murder mystery kinda books but I did like this one
Karunakaran N.
In The Dark - Heather Graham... Suspense on who the killer is lasts till the end... Alex's predicament on suspicion of the killer explicitly hoovered over David and John the ex and the present lover. Treasure hunt being the story line turns to murderer hunt....
Autumn
I absolutely love reading Heather's books. Her characters serm so alive and her books move at a nice pace. The bonus to this book was Debra Webb's book. I liked this book too my only critism is that at times the writing seemed choppy but I loved the ending.
Terrie Isaacks
TERRIBLE!! everybody runs in circles & there's VERY little story here. Usually love Heather Graham's books, but very disappointed in this one
Terry
Very good book, just enough suspense and romance to suit me. Worth reading, definatly.
Doris
Very Good, but it seems that pretty much all of the books by Graham have been excellent
Cferjani
May 18, 2014 Cferjani added it
Shelves: mystery
Joe Hennessey (FBI) and Elizabeth (cosmetic surgeon)
Marina Brock
Marina Brock is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Jen Brown
Jen Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Sep 13, 2014
Jenny
Jenny added it
Sep 10, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Shannon Lay
Shannon Lay marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Holly Douglas
Holly Douglas marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions #2)
  • Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Linda Howard Collection #01: Midnight Rainbow/Diamond Bay
  • Love on the Range
  • Coming Home
  • Wicked Lies (Wicked Series, #2)
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • Hush (Lodestone Trilogy, #1)
  • Before She Dies
  • Avenging Angel
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Kidnap & Ransom (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #4)
  • Sleepwalker
  • In The Blink Of An Eye
  • Darkest Sin (Darkest, #1)
  • Spur of the Moment
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria...more
More about Heather Graham...
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)

“He bracketed his waist with his hands and took a deep breath. “The truth is I didn’t want to see you or even talk to you until I was me again.”
Stunned, she dropped the fork back into her salad bowl. “I’m not sure I’m following,” she said cautiously but she knew what he meant. He wanted her to see him when they talked…his face.
He leaned forward, braced his hands on her desk. She inhaled the clean, slightly citrusy scent that was uniquely Joe Hennessey. Her gaze roved his face. Every detail was just as it was before.
Damn she was good.
Elizabeth blinked. Chastised herself for staring. Since he hadn’t answered her question he’d obviously paused to take notice of her staring.
She cleared her throat and squared her shoulders. “You’re going to have to explain what you mean, Agent Hennessey.”
“Don’t play games with me, Elizabeth,” he warned, those blue eyes glinting with what some might consider intimidation. But she knew him better now. That was his predatory gleam. And she was his prey…he wanted her.
“Really, Hennessey, you should be more specific.”
“I love you, Elizabeth. I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I miss you. I need to be with you.”
I…I…I, was this all about him? Let him sweat for a bit.
She shrugged indifferently. “I’ve been sleeping fine.” She glanced at the food in front of her. “Eating fine as well.”
He straightened, threw up his hands. “What do you want me to do? Beg?”
That could work, she mused wickedly.”
1 likes
“Taking a step forward, he opened the glass door. She looked at him and waited.
“I told you, I need to shower, too.”
“There is another shower.”
“But you’re not in it.”
He was startled to see her smile. Then her smile faded and a little shudder rippled through her. She backed up, inviting him in. He stripped in seconds and followed her.
“Shampoo?” she offered.
“That would be good.”
“On your head?” she asked.
“Where else?”