Start by marking “Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned” as Want to Read:
Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned

Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned

Product DescriptionHas the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn?t. A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn?t always go according to plan, but with the right attitude and skills, you can persevere through even the toughest situations?and emerge stronger and bet ...more
Published June 21st 2011 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Where Will You Go from Here?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Will You Go from Here?

Melissa
Aug 17, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it
Where Will You Go from Here? This book is by Valerie Burton she is a personal and executive coach. She writes in this book to people who have been in that moment when Bam!
1. You lost a spouse
2. You lost your job.
3. You have a health issue.
I am sure you have been there when the unexpected and unwanted event happens and you left thinking what am I going to do? We this author will help you with this. She will give you five commitments to follow. I am not going to lie they are not always easy comm
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
This book can best be summarized as when life throws you a curve ball, keep fighting your way through focusing on your faith, using a positive mindset and don’t be afraid to revise your plan. I will surmise that this book will mean more to someone who is currently in a tumultuous situation. The book wasn’t too long and it wasn’t too preachy. It was just right.

First, I have to admit that I don’t subscribe to the whole “life-coach” thing. I wouldn’t pay someone to tell me what to do, be my cheerle
Kristine Coumbe
I was surprised at how many questions and concerns I have or have had were answered in this book. I do not believe in coincidences so I was meant to read this book not only to review for Waterbrook's reader program called Blogging for Books. First I perused the book before diving in and found that as you jump around you can still follow Burton's compassionate advice. I did decide to start from the beginning and read and participate in the author's suggested activities. I do feel better now but a ...more
Wendy
Feb 28, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Great book to have when you are in transition, after the death of a loved one or a relationship, the end of a job, an accident or a devastating illness or life-changing diagnosis. Where Will You Go From Here uses the wisdom of the Bible as well as that of the counselor and coach. Ms. Burton's approach takes a very calm, common-sense look at where people are in the midst of a crisis and helps them work out the next steps. You can tell that Ms. Burton has been "in the ditch", as she puts it, and c ...more
When I won this book from the Giveaways section in Goodreads, I was unprepared for its agenda. To be fair, while this book does contain good advice about how to constructively look at how your life has led you to this point, and how to inspire yourself to get past this and figure out what to do next, neither the initial description of the book nor the back of the book prepared me for the fact that this an extremely (Christian) faith-based approach.

The further I read the book, the more it turned
Wanda
Jun 30, 2011 Wanda rated it really liked it
When life's unexpected challenges knock you down, it can be a difficult road to recovery. Whether it's a health challenge, a broken marriage, financial troubles or something on a smaller scale, Where Will You Go from Here will help you find your way out of the ditch. Full of inspirational stories of triump and the tips you need to help you get back to the person you need to be.

I love the fact that alot of this book is based on principals found throughout the Bible. Very understandable and packed
Brooke
Jun 03, 2011 Brooke rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, and I am so glad that I did. It changed my outlook on what had happenned to me in the previous 2 years from my firing to my lengthy unemployment and all that went with it. I have a sense of peace and purpose. I passed the book onto a friend who is finding the same peace and purpose to meet her needs.
David Richardson
Oct 05, 2011 David Richardson rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free from the Goodreads first-read giveaway. A good self help book for when really bad things happen to you. Lots of short stories of people who "had it all, lost it all" then came back strong.
Steph
May 10, 2012 Steph rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book, especially if you find yourself in a slump (or are still on the rebound from one). Even if your life is "perfect," this book will help you prepare for whatever pitfalls may cross your path in the future.
Amanda
May 31, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
When I won this book I was going through alot of changes in my life. I did read this book right away. I think it did help me out alot. It showed me life does go on. I would recommend this book to anyone that is going through life changes.
Amy Alvis
Jun 09, 2011 Amy Alvis rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from the Goodreads first-read giveaway. It was very inspirational. As I read through the stories of others and how they overcame problems in their life, I was infused with hope for the future!
Lin Ryals
Jul 23, 2011 Lin Ryals rated it really liked it
To read my full review go here http://books4linda.blogspot.com/2011/...
Monica
Oct 25, 2014 Monica rated it it was amazing
It was pretty perfect for any situation.
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Kia
Kia rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2013
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
May 13, 2011
Yvette -
Yvette - rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
BONDing over BOOKS
BONDing over BOOKS rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
A'ndrea Wilson
A'ndrea Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Jody
Jody rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Tisha
Tisha rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Rex
Rex rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2012
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Melissa Mashburn
Melissa Mashburn rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Tammy Shoup
Tammy Shoup rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2017
Ashley Terrell
Ashley Terrell rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Kara
Kara rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2011
Nova
Nova rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2013
I am a bestselling author, speaker, and life coach dedicated to helping people like you get unstuck and be unstoppable in every area of life.

I founded The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute and have served as a Certified Personal and Executive Coach to hundreds of clients in over 40 states and ten countries.

For more than a decade, I have had the pleasure of writing, speaking, and
More about Valorie Burton...