Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned

Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
''Has the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn't. A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn't always go according to plan, but with the right a
Title: Where Will You Go from Here?
Author: Burton, Valorie
Publisher: Random House Inc
Publication Date: 2011/06/21
Number...more
Published June 21st 2011 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Where Will You Go from Here?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Will You Go from Here?

Melissa
Where Will You Go from Here? This book is by Valerie Burton she is a personal and executive coach. She writes in this book to people who have been in that moment when Bam!
1. You lost a spouse
2. You lost your job.
3. You have a health issue.
I am sure you have been there when the unexpected and unwanted event happens and you left thinking what am I going to do? We this author will help you with this. She will give you five commitments to follow. I am not going to lie they are not always easy comm...more
Jackie
This review is from:Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn't Go as Planned (Paperback)
Title of Book: Where Will You Go From Here?
Author: Valorie Burton
5* Out of 5 points
Headline for Book Review: How to Overcome your Challenges
This was a free book by Waterbrook Press All Rights Reserved
Quote: "Things turn ou...more
Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker   (Oh My Shelves)
This book can best be summarized as when life throws you a curve ball, keep fighting your way through focusing on your faith, using a positive mindset and don’t be afraid to revise your plan. I will surmise that this book will mean more to someone who is currently in a tumultuous situation. The book wasn’t too long and it wasn’t too preachy. It was just right.

First, I have to admit that I don’t subscribe to the whole “life-coach” thing. I wouldn’t pay someone to tell me what to do, be my cheerle...more
Kristine Coumbe
I was surprised at how many questions and concerns I have or have had were answered in this book. I do not believe in coincidences so I was meant to read this book not only to review for Waterbrook's reader program called Blogging for Books. First I perused the book before diving in and found that as you jump around you can still follow Burton's compassionate advice. I did decide to start from the beginning and read and participate in the author's suggested activities. I do feel better now but a...more
Wendy
Great book to have when you are in transition, after the death of a loved one or a relationship, the end of a job, an accident or a devastating illness or life-changing diagnosis. Where Will You Go From Here uses the wisdom of the Bible as well as that of the counselor and coach. Ms. Burton's approach takes a very calm, common-sense look at where people are in the midst of a crisis and helps them work out the next steps. You can tell that Ms. Burton has been "in the ditch", as she puts it, and c...more
When I won this book from the Giveaways section in Goodreads, I was unprepared for its agenda. To be fair, while this book does contain good advice about how to constructively look at how your life has led you to this point, and how to inspire yourself to get past this and figure out what to do next, neither the initial description of the book nor the back of the book prepared me for the fact that this an extremely (Christian) faith-based approach.

The further I read the book, the more it turned...more
Wanda
When life's unexpected challenges knock you down, it can be a difficult road to recovery. Whether it's a health challenge, a broken marriage, financial troubles or something on a smaller scale, Where Will You Go from Here will help you find your way out of the ditch. Full of inspirational stories of triump and the tips you need to help you get back to the person you need to be.

I love the fact that alot of this book is based on principals found throughout the Bible. Very understandable and packed...more
Brooke
I recieved this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, and I am so glad that I did. It changed my outlook on what had happenned to me in the previous 2 years from my firing to my lengthy unemployment and all that went with it. I have a sense of peace and purpose. I passed the book onto a friend who is finding the same peace and purpose to meet her needs.
Amanda
When I won this book I was going through alot of changes in my life. I did read this book right away. I think it did help me out alot. It showed me life does go on. I would recommend this book to anyone that is going through life changes.
Steph
A wonderful book, especially if you find yourself in a slump (or are still on the rebound from one). Even if your life is "perfect," this book will help you prepare for whatever pitfalls may cross your path in the future.
Amy Alvis
I received this book for free from the Goodreads first-read giveaway. It was very inspirational. As I read through the stories of others and how they overcame problems in their life, I was infused with hope for the future!
David Richardson
I received this book for free from the Goodreads first-read giveaway. A good self help book for when really bad things happen to you. Lots of short stories of people who "had it all, lost it all" then came back strong.
Michelle Elson
Michelle Elson marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Kathy Nolan
Kathy Nolan marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
christi johnson
christi johnson marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Doloresaltman
Doloresaltman marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Rachelle Butler
Rachelle Butler marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Jennifer Mcfloyd
Jennifer Mcfloyd marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Karen Lightbourne
Karen Lightbourne marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
y
y marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am a bestselling author, speaker, and life coach dedicated to helping people like you get unstuck and be unstoppable in every area of life.

I founded The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute and have served as a Certified Personal and Executive Coach to hundreds of clients in over 40 states and ten countries.

For more than a decade, I have had the pleasure of writing, speaking, and...more
More about Valorie Burton...
Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, & More Resilient Happy Women Live Better How Did I Get So Busy?: The 28-day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most What's Really Holding You Back?: Closing the Gap Between Where You Are and Where You Want to Be Why Not You?: Twenty-eight Days to Authentic Confidence