Start by marking “Foolish Notions” as Want to Read:
Foolish Notions

Foolish Notions

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Hardnosed-CEO James Taylor years to find the right nurse for his ailing mother, Marie. When his ex-girlfriend Samantha whom he hasn’t spoken to in almost a year fills the position, sparks fly.

Passion builds when James and Samantha live under the same roof. Turmoil boarders desire—the two fuse and feed off each other. For weeks things simmer. James is consumed with wanting
Published August 2nd 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Foolish Notions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foolish Notions

Geri
May 15, 2013 Geri rated it liked it
I'm sorry but I'm a little upset with this book. I liked the story and was waiting for the reveal of the elusive misunderstanding. (last few pages)

SPOILER

(view spoiler)
Christina
Oct 02, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
Sweet like shuga. Plot is predictable BUT James won my heart. He was so persistant in his endeavor to win Samantha back it was great. I would say the kissing scenes were hotter than the sex, but i guess the sex wasn't in a lot of detail.

I really like it, and hope to read more by this author.
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: going-home
253p Hardnosed-CEO James Taylor years to find the right nurse for his ailing mother, Marie. When his ex-girlfriend Samantha whom he hasn 19t spoken to in almost a year fills the position, sparks fly.
Passion builds when James and Samantha live under the same roof. Turmoil boarders desire 14the two fuse and feed off each other. For weeks things simmer. James is consumed with wanting to explain to Samantha what she really witnessed the night she saw him kissing another woman. Samantha refused to li
Tonileg
Contemporary CEO romance with a past with a nurse who is hired to care for his mother with cancer. CEO James Taylor has drowned himself in his company for the past year since the love of his life, Samantha left him after catching him in the arms of another woman. This is a second chances romance that comes together because they are trapped in to the same house because nurse Sam is caring for Marie during her cancer treatments. There are lots of secrets but they eventually come out so that HEA is ...more
Debra Ashwood
May 14, 2016 Debra Ashwood rated it really liked it
Here is another story that all is not what it seems. This is a story of even the "picture" is not always the truth (way to pap's). This is a lovely story of true love and even though time apart still feel the love. Enjoy this story I did.
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Good plot,I really enjoyed this book.Just goes to show you how misunderstandings can mess everything up therefore once in awhile we should always give a person a listening ear.Though Samantha would piss me off sometimes,I mean,why would you not want to know?Why fight so hard to deny your feelings ,yet you feel so much?James tried so hard yet all his efforts just seemed futile.I like how relentless he was though.
Anyway all in a good story.
Santhoshi
May 15, 2013 Santhoshi rated it really liked it
What Can I say..... such a sweet relaxing read....

i really really liked the way characters were build and their decision always reflected their characters.... this is really a good book...

Slight romance, more life , better conversations, beautiful relationships. What else can you ask for...

Thanks to Aris Whittier for this beautiful book.
Shelley Chastagner
Dec 19, 2011 Shelley Chastagner rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Determined to hold onto the pain of the past Samantha wont even allow James to explain. It's hard to endure the struggles that these two characters have to go through. With a little help from his well meaning mother things are forced out into the open.
Leyla
Jun 18, 2013 Leyla rated it liked it
All in all a good romance book. A bit predictable at times and a few secondary issues were left unsolved, which irked me a bit and, therefore I gave it 3 out of 5 stars, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Mz_S
Feb 04, 2012 Mz_S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book overall, however I got annoyed a few times while reading due to a certain female character! I didn't really like how the novel was ended so much.
Tracey
May 08, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it
Everybody has a soft spot for a tough guy that loves his mom, and I'm no exception! Great for a quick read xx
Azra tariq
May 13, 2013 Azra tariq rated it really liked it
A witty and romantic read which was another by ariss that I liked as it was quick and chirpy.
Jan
Nov 24, 2011 Jan rated it liked it
Easy quick read. Relaxing. Mild sexual content(wouldn't let my 14yo daughter read it).
Dori
Apr 26, 2012 Dori rated it liked it
Good Story....easy and enjoyable; but nothing jaw-dropping spectacular
Rukhsana
Oct 01, 2012 Rukhsana rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Couldn't have been that good as I can't really remember it!
Rosanne
Jul 06, 2013 Rosanne rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

Romance: Easy read.

Free e-book via iTunes.
Alan Holdgate
Oct 28, 2013 Alan Holdgate rated it really liked it
enjoyed every page of this book very much
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 5/20/13
Dee Gray
Dee Gray marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Tracy Mais
Tracy Mais rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
FYD
FYD rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Sujan Dey
Sujan Dey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Angela Billy
Angela Billy marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Norma Roberts
Norma Roberts rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Sabrina Wilson
Sabrina Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
  • Beautiful Force
  • More Than One Night
  • Kiss Me
  • Accidentally Yours
  • This Time Next Door (Oakland Hills, #2)
  • Riding the Board
  • Hate Me
  • Possession (Fevered Souls #1)
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • River of Bones
  • The Viscount's Pleasure House (Irresistible Aristocrats Book 1)
  • If I Never Knew You (If I Never Knew You, #1)
  • Bitter Reflections (Coffee Cafe, #1)
  • Maid in Montana
Aris Whittier is a romance writer. She writes suspense, contemporary, and commercial woman’s fiction. Her debut novel, Fatal Embrace is a romantic suspense that was featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine as a Red-Hot Read. Foolish Notions is a contemporary romance that has just a touch a mystery too. Across Eternity is a beautiful love story that transcends time. Visit Aris Whittier at: www.awhittier.b ...more
More about Aris Whittier...