Start by marking “Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing” as Want to Read:
Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing

Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing

The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts Without Arguing provides a simple blueprint for achieving solutions to everyday disagreements without having to have a "winner" and a "loser." By learning how to listen empathetically, respecting each other's ideas and feelings and understanding why some issues are so important to your spouse, not only will those daily problems be wor ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 5th 2007 by Oasis Audio (first published December 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Wins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Wins

Melissa Andrews
I have to facilitate a discussion on conflict resolution for a group I'm a part of (have no idea why as that is definitely not my background or area of expertise). Anyway, I needed to quickly find some stuff to talk about and came across this book. It does a great job, in only 100 pages or so, of laying out reasons why we argue, why arguing without resolution is unhealthy for marriages, and provides a plan for dealing with conflict. It echoes some of the other information I've found as I've been ...more
Sandie
Oct 02, 2016 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marriage
This is the 4 th book that I've read by Gary Chapman. The first was the 5 Love Languages, and the other 3 are the Marriage Saver series. In each of the marriage saver books he takes from the 5 love languages and expands on it in each area. I don't know of a married couple who doesn't need to read this book. It's well written, easy to follow, and builds a connection with your spouse through conflict. After I finished this book in Scribd, I ordered it so that I can read it with my husband.
Lisa
Dec 15, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Great book on solving conflict in marriage.
Charmin
Mar 30, 2015 Charmin rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationship
Highlights:
1. When you win an argument, your spouse is the loser.
2. Give your spouse the freedom to think and feel differently. Express respect for other person’s ideas.
3. When husbands and wives understand what their spouses are saying, why an issue is so important to them, how strongly they feel about it, and the emotions that accompany their desires, only then can they have intelligent and loving responses.
4. Arguments accomplish destruction.
5. Finding a winning solution begins by choosing
Rob
Dec 21, 2009 Rob rated it liked it
Shelves: marriage
I listened to the audio version of this book.
It is a short listen with some good practical examples and principles. I think the principles here are good starters for conflict resolution. There is some parallel (though from a different perspective) between this and "Anger...powerful emotion".
Both are good but I think many situations in this book quickly cross over into the Anger book making both of them important resources.
I am struck by his clear articulation of where we have problems. Some of t
Samuel Thrasher
Aug 31, 2015 Samuel Thrasher rated it really liked it
The conflict resolution skills set forth in this book are wonderfully useful. I know I personally gained a deeper understanding of why listening is so important and the necessity to end conflicts effectively, and necessarily quickly. The points in the book where Chapman chooses to recount dialogue are incredibly hokey, and honestly greatly affected my enjoyment of the book. Overall, it's a good, quick read with a couple of flaws.
Mel Haynie
Jul 12, 2014 Mel Haynie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very useful and a quick read.

recommend for anyone who is interested in getting out of the "courthouse" and on to real solutions. I would even recommend this to help with interacting with children and teenagers.
Deborah Day
Mar 29, 2014 Deborah Day rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a wonderfully clear and simple book that can help teach couples how to reduce arguments and increase productive discussions. Practice all listening tools that anyone can do if they are willing. A quick read loaded with great information.
Mai Mazoku
Nov 23, 2013 Mai Mazoku rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed, favourite
Great book. It's extremely thin, but says crucial things on how to act during a conflict. Highly recommend not only for married couples, even for singles it's definitely useful.
Claudia
May 02, 2014 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to Follow

very easy to follow advice! so glad I read it on my Kindle. cannot wait to apply what I have learned into my daily life with my partner..!!
Jonathan Friedmann
Jul 01, 2012 Jonathan Friedmann rated it liked it
Shelves: relationships
This was a good quick read that started several good conversations between me and the wife about conflict. Nothing more; nothing less.
Ivy
Mar 09, 2015 Ivy rated it really liked it
Another audio book I powered through at work. The lessons were great, but I wasn't sure that each scenario would play out exactly as offered...
Frans Karlsson
A short but good book about why we argue and how we instead through empathic listening to each other can choose to solve our differences as a team. Short book with a clear message.
Kathrynn
A must read for everyone! Short book. Author of "The Five Love Languages" and since I enjoyed that book so much, I picked up this little jewel. Very easy to read. Great advice.

Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Neal
Neal rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2016
bruce fenn
bruce fenn rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Meagen
Meagen rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Ashanna Biliter
Ashanna Biliter rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Nancy Riad
Nancy Riad rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Tim Morgan
Tim Morgan rated it liked it
May 01, 2013
Bert Webb
Bert Webb rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Cynthia Cowan
Cynthia Cowan rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Sheilaandrick
Apr 23, 2010 Sheilaandrick rated it really liked it
This was a really easy read, and gives a really good way of looking at resolving conflict.
Judy Snyder
Judy Snyder rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands
  • How to Be Rich: It's Not What You Have. It's What You Do With What You Have.
  • The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--on Purpose and with a Plan
  • Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America
  • You Have What It Takes: What Every Father Needs to Know
  • Mad at Miles: A Blackwoman's Guide to Truth
  • Unbillable Hours: A True Story
  • The Power of Your Words: How God Can Bless Your Life Through The Words You Speak
  • Law of Connection: The Science of Using NLP to Create Ideal Personal and Professional Relationships
  • Letters to an Incarcerated Brother: Encouragement, Hope, and Healing for Inmates and Their Loved Ones
  • Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime
  • Cape May Court House: A Death in the Night
  • 101 Habits of Highly Successful Novelists: Insider Secrets from Top Writers
Married more than 45 years to Karolyn, Dr. Gary Chapman is just the man to turn to for help on improving or healing our most important relationships. His own life experiences, plus over forty years of pastoring and marriage counseling, led him to publish his first book in the Love Language series, The 5 Love Languages®: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate. Millions of readers credit t ...more
More about Gary Chapman...