Start by marking “Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing” as Want to Read:
Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing

Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts Without Arguing" provides a simple blueprint for achieving solutions to everyday disagreements without having to have a "winner" and a "loser." By learning how to listen empathetically, respecting each other's ideas and feelings and understanding why some issues are so important to your spouse, not only will those daily problems be w ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 5th 2007 by Oasis Audio (first published December 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Wins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Wins

Melissa Andrews
I have to facilitate a discussion on conflict resolution for a group I'm a part of (have no idea why as that is definitely not my background or area of expertise). Anyway, I needed to quickly find some stuff to talk about and came across this book. It does a great job, in only 100 pages or so, of laying out reasons why we argue, why arguing without resolution is unhealthy for marriages, and provides a plan for dealing with conflict. It echoes some of the other information I've found as I've been ...more
Deborah Day
This a wonderfully clear and simple book that can help teach couples how to reduce arguments and increase productive discussions. Practice all listening tools that anyone can do if they are willing. A quick read loaded with great information.
Rob
I listened to the audio version of this book.
It is a short listen with some good practical examples and principles. I think the principles here are good starters for conflict resolution. There is some parallel (though from a different perspective) between this and "Anger...powerful emotion".
Both are good but I think many situations in this book quickly cross over into the Anger book making both of them important resources.
I am struck by his clear articulation of where we have problems. Some of t
Mel Haynie
Very useful and a quick read.

recommend for anyone who is interested in getting out of the "courthouse" and on to real solutions. I would even recommend this to help with interacting with children and teenagers.
Claudia
Easy to Follow

very easy to follow advice! so glad I read it on my Kindle. cannot wait to apply what I have learned into my daily life with my partner..!!
Ivy
Another audio book I powered through at work. The lessons were great, but I wasn't sure that each scenario would play out exactly as offered...
Marcus
This guy is good everything I read of his works! Till I forget it that in :(
Christine
Can be applied to speaking with people in general.
Frans Karlsson
A short but good book about why we argue and how we instead through empathic listening to each other can choose to solve our differences as a team. Short book with a clear message.
Kathrynn
A must read for everyone! Short book. Author of "The Five Love Languages" and since I enjoyed that book so much, I picked up this little jewel. Very easy to read. Great advice.

Mai Mazoku
Great book. It's extremely thin, but says crucial things on how to act during a conflict. Highly recommend not only for married couples, even for singles it's definitely useful.
Jonathan Friedmann
This was a good quick read that started several good conversations between me and the wife about conflict. Nothing more; nothing less.
Nurulda Ismail
It's awesome! really help (to-be) marriage couple how to avoid arguing and both parties win. :)
Jun
Awesome book. Practical. Easy to read too.
Sheilaandrick
This was a really easy read, and gives a really good way of looking at resolving conflict.
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Rabab Newair
Rabab Newair marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Jhelics Lee
Jhelics Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Connie Woods
Connie Woods marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Cecy Valenzuela
Cecy Valenzuela marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Hannah
Hannah added it
Mar 19, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands
  • How to Be Rich: It's Not What You Have. It's What You Do with What You Have.
  • The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--On Purpose and with a Plan
  • Sticky Church
  • False Justice: Eight Myths that Convict the Innocent, Revised Edition
  • 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
  • The Great Controversy
  • Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load
  • Тайм-драйв : Как успевать жить и работать
  • Preparing Your Son for Every Man's Battle: Honest Conversations About Sexual Integrity
  • Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime
  • The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Novelists: Insider Secrets from Top Writers
  • Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America
  • Letters to an Incarcerated Brother: Encouragement, Hope, and Healing for Inmates and Their Loved Ones
  • Boundaries in Marriage
  • Unbillable Hours: A True Story
  • You Have What It Takes: What Every Father Needs to Know
  • Forgive and Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don't Deserve
Gary Chapman has traveled extensively around the world challenging couples to pursue healthy, growing marriages. His first book, Toward a Growing Marriage (Moody, 1979, 1996), began as an informal resource he gave to couples with whom he was counseling. Once officially published, this book became a blessing to thousands of people and helped launch Gary’s popular “Toward a Growing Marriage” seminar ...more
More about Gary Chapman...
The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate The Five Love Languages of Children The Heart of the 5 Love Languages (Abridged Gift-Sized Version) The Five Love Languages for Singles Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married