Start by marking “Gadis Korek Api” as Want to Read:
Gadis Korek Api

Gadis Korek Api

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,018 Ratings  ·  438 Reviews
copy editor: Jia Effendie

Seorang gadis miskin berjalan bertelanjang kaki sambil menjajakan korek apinya di malam tahun baru yang beku bersalju. Dia menyalakan sebatang korek api … sebuah perapian muncul di hadapannya. Apinya yang merah kebiruan menghangatkan kakinya yang kebas.

Gadis Korek Api adalah satu dari sepuluh dongeng karya Hans Christian Andersen yang dikumpulkan d
Published April 2011 by Penerbit Atria (first published 1845)

Carol
First published in 1845.......Yep, 1845, and I'd never even heard of it. Well, take my word for it, this very sad short story of The Little Match Girl will rip your heart right out!
Huda Aweys
Every time I read it I can not really prevent myself from crying it's not just a tale for children it is deeper than that and really afford meaning, many novels of famous writers does not afford
كل مرة باقرأها بابكى :( ..، دى موش مجرد حكايه للاطفال ، بجد قصة معبرة و اعمق و اكبر معنى و جملة من روايات لكتير من الادباء العالميين
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
I simply cannot bring myself to rate this.
It's one of those bedtime stories from my childhood, that were read to me repeatedly, and that stayed carved in my memory for good.

Only, this particular one is kind of an issue for me.
When you're a kid - three or four years old - you're bound to enjoy the numerous fairy tales, and think about... well, fairies, and princes, and frogs, and villains, and magic, and God knows what else. And it's great. Almost everything is great at that age, but still...

Anyw
Manny
I think I first read it, in English, when I was about seven, but I only just got around to looking at the Danish original. If it doesn't bring tears to your eyes, then your heart is truly of stone.
Franco  Santos
Una linda historia. Triste y revuelve sentimientos a pesar de su corta extensión. Si tienen unos minutos libres, este relato es ideal para ocuparlos.
Dem
Dec 21, 2015 Dem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful but heartbreaking Christmas tale.
علي الماجد
Sep 14, 2015 علي الماجد rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
من القصص المؤثرة التي تبكي من يقرأها . اختزلت قسوة زوجة الاب و المجتمع و البرودة في جسد هذة الطفلة البريئة

هكذا يجب ان تكتب القصص القصيرة

ايجاز

صور

وصف

و نهاية غير متوقعة
Kandice
*Crosses right hand over heart* Hi! My name is Kandice and I am a Scholastic junkie... You know, those flimsy, newspapery catalogues with all the cool, discounted books in them that teachers send home with their students? Yeeeesssssss! ILLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE Scholastic!

I loved Scholastic when I was a kid and recently rekindled my love when I became a mom. I noticed a parent with one at a play centre and attacked her, “Where did you get those!?!?!” She pointed to a huge stack close by,
Jean
The Little Match Girl or in a literal translation "The little girl with the matchsticks", is a short story by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, which was first published in 1845.

Illustration by Hans Christian Andersen's original illustrator, Vilhelm Pedersen

The story starts on a bitterly cold New Year's Eve, as a poor little girl wanders the streets barefoot, trying to sell matches. She doesn't want to go home without having sold any, for fear her father might beat her. She sits down i
Mia Prasetya
Bagi angkatan 80’an seperti saya di mana jaman SD bacaan hanya berkisar donal bebek, komik Nina dan kumpulan dongeng tentunya nama Hans Christian Andersen melekat kuat di ingatan kita. Kisah tragis gadis korek api, cinta putri duyung yang bertepuk sebelah tangan, perjalanan hidup gadis mungil Thumbelina adalah beberapa karyanya yang sangat terkenal dan sudah diterjemahkan dalam berbagai bahasa di dunia.

Kali ini penerbit Atria mengemas 10 kisah H.C. Andersen dalam satu kumpulan dongeng yang diant
Amina - أمينَة.
"and both flew in brightness and in joy so high, so very high, and then above was neither cold, nor hunger, nor anxiety.. they were with God"

poor little match girl, it brought me so much memories of my childhood. and i remember i used to cry. it's not only a random story, you can't just read it and not get touched by it.
Dolly
Dec 30, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, denmark, 2012
This is a heartbreaking story about a little girl who freezes to death on New Year's Eve. I had never read the story before (and didn't preview it first), so we were all a bit surprised when there wasn't a different ending. I think we've been surrounded by candy coated pat endings in stories and on television for far too long!

The fact that she is warmed by the visions she sees and is brought to heaven in the arms of her beloved grandmother is little comfort. The illustrations by Rachel Isadora
نرگس
Jul 12, 2015 نرگس rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A proof for this fact that fairy tales are much different with their uncle-Walt's-happily-ever-after versions. They mostly are sad, cruel, unfair.
Matthew
Stephan
Nov 11, 2015 Stephan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
Sad, real, appalling; in this fairy tale Andersen’s criticism is aimed at the harshness of the adults towards a little girl who was selling matches in order to survive the harsh winter in Denmark. I shed tears in this heartbreaking and tragic story. Parents should approach this story carefully. Be ready with the handkerchief. (See more on my blog)
Ziwei Cheng
Nov 09, 2014 Ziwei Cheng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"In this cold, dark night, a bald barefoot little girl walking in the street ......" "It was deathly quiet around a snowy night. A little girl with curly loose 'beautiful blonde her shabby clothes, racing one pair of frightened eyes, face and lips frozen purple frozen little hand clutching a bunch of matches, mouth constantly shouting: 'Who matches ......' answer to his whistling just snow sound. see here, my heart is completely cool, how the city will be like flying snow as ruthless? "she walks ...more
Mikyla Reeck
Response
I think this was a good short story. Sometimes you may be able to relate to her when she is cold and she doesnt have anywhere to go. I would want to be in a warm house in the middle of winter than outside in the cold.
Plot Summary
The Little Match Girl is telling a short story about this little girl that is cold all she has is matches to keep here warm. She doesnt have anywhere to go, and it is the middle of winter. I know that I wouldnt want to be in the cold freezing with only matches to
Eman
I was firstly introduced to Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl by some TV cartoon. The story remained in my mind and had its special place over the years. I can't figure out why exactly. It was simply special.

The Little Match Girl is a little girl who sells matches... Duh, the title says it all! Anyway, you get a hint that the girl is extremely poor that she had to sell matches for a living. We get that she has an abusive father who beats her if she came home in some bad business d
Amarice
Apr 10, 2016 Amarice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone - it's your initiation ceremony to life!
My mother used to read it to me from a fairy-tales book we had in my library, when I was around 4 and even later. I think this is one of the most remarkable stories I remember from my childhood, for it was, as far as I remember, so emotional and sad. I cried so much along with the match-girl. The only thing that upsets me, when comes to think about it, is that I can't remember her name. On second thought, no. She did not have a name. It is, as sad as it might already sound, made the story even s ...more
Huda
Mar 11, 2008 Huda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en-pic-books
.:^_^:.
bakanekonomama
Feb 02, 2012 bakanekonomama rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasi, klasik, anak-anak
Saya selalu menyukai kisah dongeng maupun legenda. Kisah-kisah semacam itu biasanya penuh dengan hal-hal yang menggugah imajinasi dan juga rasa ingin tahu saya. Begitu juga ketika saya membaca buku ini. Saya menyimpan harapan besar untuk dapat menikmati setiap kisah yang tertulis di tiap lembarnya, tapi ternyata saya salah...

Buku yang baru saja saya baca berjudul "Gadis Korek Api dan Dongeng-dongeng lainnya" yang ditulis oleh bapak dongeng dunia, Hans Christian Andersen. Beberapa kisah dalam buk
Dila
There are many things I don't know but I do know that this story shouldn't be described as a "beautiful christmas tale for children". That's what I thought what it was, but it just isn't.
This story is quite contrary very sad and not at all heart-warming or optimistic. What I won't deny is that it's still beautiful. But seriously. Whoever wants to sell this as a christmas story for children. This isn't a Christmas tale. It's a tragedy. Though a beautiful one with a strong message.
Polly
My sisters and I used to act this out to great sobbing when we were kids in the country, at various community Christmas parties. Me reading, my waif-like middle sister as the match girl, and our more robust baby sister as the vision of the grandmother. Guaranteed to make any community Christmas party weep!
Nohely

This one of the most tragic, if not the most tragic story of HCA. Not to mention my third favorite. I read this book story when I was little and I always cried at the end, but now I actually love the ending because of the meaning. HCA was very religious, so you have to see the story in a religious point of view so that you can understand what HCA is trying to tell us in which I believe that is salvation and eternal life after death, where there will be no suffering. It also talks about the huma
Nike
Apr 29, 2011 Nike rated it really liked it
Wow, ini kumpulan dongeng yang top banget deh.
Walau judulnya Gadis Korek Api, ternyata dalam buku ini ga cuma cerita tentang Gadis Korek Api, ada tentang putri bawah laut, dan ada banyak lagi cerita dongeng yang laen, yang malah jarang kita dengar ceritanya.

Khas dongeng, semuanya berakhir mengajarkan kebaikan, happy ending di akhir cerita.
Bagus banget buat yang mau belajar ndongengin anak :D *kayak saya*

Tapi sayangnya, saya dapet buku yang beberapa (mungkin hampir lebih dari 5 halaman) yang tuli
Angela Alcorn
Project Gutenberg has a free ebook and audiobook of a Hans Christian Andersen book with 18 fairy tales in it.

These are the stories in the Project Gutenberg files:
-- The elderbush
-- The bell
-- The old house
-- The happy family
-- The story of a mother
-- The false collar
-- The shadow
-- The little match girl
-- The dream of little Tuk
-- The naughty bo
Elisa
Jul 29, 2015 Elisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completely forgot about this book! It was like my favourite book when I was like 8 even though it is a very sad book where the little girl dies :( Now that I think about it, why did I even have such a sad book at a young age?
Fanda Kutubuku
Sep 28, 2011 Fanda Kutubuku rated it liked it
Shelves: baca-sebagian
Ternyata dongeng itu terasa begitu memukau saat kau masih kecil, ketika pemikiranmu masih sederhana dan belum banyak dipenuhi oleh kehidupan nyata. Saat aku membaca kumpulan dongeng ini lagi saat ini, "mantra ajaib" yang dulu memukauku sudah pudar. Meski ceritanya tetap sama, aku merasa hambar saja.

Aku belum sempat membaca keseluruhan 10 (kalau tak salah) dongeng yang ada. Hanya Gadis Korek Api (favoritku waktu kecil--tapi kok singkat banget ya disini?), lalu Putri Duyung Kecil, Kisah Burung Bul
Erika Aguilar
In the story, The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen, the story takes place on New Year's Eve with a little girl who is poor. The little girl has no shoes, only slippers, and carries a box of matches in order to sell them or else her father will beat her. As she walks around in the cold days of New Year’s Eve, she rubs her hands together to keep warm. Little did she know, the matches had something special that happens when they’re blown.
The main character is a poor little girl who find
Sacorya Freeman
Dec 15, 2015 Sacorya Freeman is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I can't even rate this who in the hell-of-it could?!
This story was terribly heart-breaking on more levels then i can reach!
I'm not sure if i heard this story as a kid and forget it, but i recently saw the short film on it, and was torn to shreds on the whole thing!
I'm so used to stories in fairy-tales that have a great ending that i thought this would turn out the same way. I understand the ending, but i didn't feel that was appropriate for a child!
My whole fairy-tale turned upside down, bec
The Little Match Girl 3 18 Feb 13, 2014 03:00PM
  • The Swineherd
  • New Poems of Emily Dickinson
  • My Lai 4: A Report on the Massacre and Its Aftermath
  • The Mojo Collection: The Ultimate Music Companion
  • Snow White and Rose Red (Annotated)
  • The Vanishing Newspaper: Saving Journalism in the Information Age
  • The Fall of the Athenian Empire
  • Novels, 1930-1942: Dance Night / Come Back to Sorrento / Turn, Magic Wheel / Angels on Toast / A Time to Be Born
  • Goldilocks & Three Bears: Bears Should Share!
  • Moliere: A Biography
  • Pushkin: A Biography
  • Nutcracker
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • A Mencken Chrestomathy
  • Rose Red & Snow White: A Grimms Fairy Tale
Hans Christian Andersen (often referred to in Scandinavia as H. C. Andersen; April 2, 1805 – August 4, 1875) was a Danish author and poet. Although a prolific writer of plays, travelogues, novels, and poems, Andersen is best remembered for his fairy tales. Andersen's popularity is not limited to children; his stories—called eventyr, or "fairy-tales"—express themes that transcend age and nationalit ...more
More about Hans Christian Andersen...