Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family, #1)

Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,564 ratings  ·  167 reviews
She doesn’t want to deal with the past...

Ten years ago, Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed the death of her parents in a tragic fire and blocked the memory. She pretends to have moved on, is a successful artist and photographer, until the morning she opens her door to a stranger she assumes is a model and asks him to strip to his briefs .

He wants to expose the truth....

Wealthy...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Firetrail Publishing (first published April 1st 2011)

Pamela(AllHoney)
Slow Burn is the first in the Fitzgerald Family series by Ednah Walters. Ashley Fitzgerald lost her parents in a fire 10 years prior and is trying to move on with her life. Ron Noble has been sent letters that indicate the fire was not an accident as reported. He contacts Ashley in hopes of getting information that could help him discover the truth. But Ashley has repressed those memories and doesn't remember. And there are people who want her to continue to forget.

It wasn't a bad read but it st...more
Emily
In preparing to write this review, I had a moment of confusion. Did I really read the same book as everyone else? Was my $.99 Kindle purchase some how missing all the pleasing attributes that other Goodreads reviewers wrote about? Am I a total book snob? Not sure of the answers to those questions...but I am sure that I was disappointed in this book. The thought of finding a new series to add to my list was exciting. I was sure I found another series (a la Nora Roberts trilogy style) to sink my t...more
Leagh
Nov 30, 2011 Leagh rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed her parent's death by fire 10 yrs ago and doesn't remember a thing. She has moved on, or so she thinks, until Ron Noble steps into her life and makes her wonder, what exactly she saw that night. Ron has everything, including a huge secret. He has approached Ashley hoping to clear his father's name but when things start to heat up between the two of them, the fire 10 yrs ago, will the be least of their concerns.

This story was filled with twists and turns that kept you...more
Fathima
OMG !!! THIS BOOK IS DEFINITELY HOT !!!
WOW , I'd call myself crazy if i were to say this book didnt hit me in the right places ;) !!
I totally loved this book , this was a very good mixture or romance , action and mystery . I could very well say this , it had all the makings of a great hollywood blockbuster . Sophistication , style , panache you name it this book had it all .
I loved the book cover , it was the first thing that got me excited to read this book .
The second , was obviously the sy...more
Toni
I’m giving “Slow Burn” 4.5 Stars.

A tragic incident from the past brings two people together. One wants to find out the truth from that night and the other wants to move on and forget the ghosts of the past. Neither asked for the circumstances that shaped their lives, but both will persevere and become stronger because of it.

Ashley Fitzgerald has a large loving family, but she is alone. She lost her parents in an awful fire a decade ago. She is only able to remember fragments of that night. It ha...more
April
RATIN: 4.5)SLOW BURN by E.B. Walters is an exciting romantic thriller.It is the first in "The Fitzgerald Family" series. The plot is well written with twists and turns,The characters are engaging,believable,and will capture your heart. It has arson,murder,mystery,erotica paintings,romance, electrifying sex scenes,and love. This is a love story that is not only forged by fire,but by desire and passion. Ashley Fitzgerald,is a talented and successful artist/photographer who witnessed her parents de...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
Ednah Walters is going to be one of my favourite finds of the year. This book had a fast pace, a storyline I haven't already read a thousand times, as well as enough smexy times to make me a happy little romance reader. Enjoyed all the characters, even the villians.
Will be reading more of this series for sure.
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
OMG! I couldnt put the book down, I became obsessed. It will be hard to start a new book, I'll forever be thinking of Ashley and Ron!!!
Tevya (Reading Lark)
Slow Burn is an adult romance/mystery about Ashley Fitzgerald, a young woman who survived a horrific event as a child. She witnessed the death of her parents by fire, and survived the fire after being rescued by one of the firefighters. As an adult, she has blocked out the events of the fire and has moved on with her life through her art and the support of her family. When Ron Nobel shows up on Ashley’s doorstep, she has no clue as to how her life is about to change. Ron is the son of the firefi...more
Chris
Ashley Fitzgerald has no memory of the horrific fire she survived while it took the lives of her beloved parents. While the tradegy of her past haunts her she trieds to move on with her life as she becomes a successful artist and photographer.

Ron Noble is a wealthy business man and part time fire fighter. After losing his father to the same fire that claimed Ashley's parents, he searches for the truth behind the cause of the deadly blaze. While keeping a dangerous secret, Ron contacts Ashley in...more
Debbie W
On her 15th birthday, Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed the murder of her parents. The only problem is that she has blocked all recollection of that fateful night 10 years ago. Now a successful artist, Ashley has chosen to move on with her life with the help of loving family members. She does have some quirky habits that she assumes is due to her parents’ death, such as being in confined spaces and using post in notes in the event that she forgets what she has done.

Ashley has become a successful arti...more
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream

Slow Burn, the first novel in the Fitzgerald Family series by E.B.Walters, was about Ashley Fitzgerald and Ronald Noble. This companion series has extremely good reviews and ratings. I, however, didn’t get what all the fuss was about. I wasn’t that impressed with this novel. I thought it was okay, but not spectacular.

Something held me back from connecting with the story and the characters on an emotional level. I...more
Christine
While I liked this book, it wasn't great.(It helps that I got it for free.) It came across as formulaic to me. The plot line was interesting. The hero is receiving letters indicating that more happened 10 years ago, when his fire fighter father died in a fire, than rumored; and that the heroine has answers to what really happened. (The heroine's parents also died in this fire.)
The hero meets up with the heroine to get her help, which she reluctantly gives, but he has a hidden agenda. Together, t...more
Amanda
This is an entertaining romantic suspense that gives me a feeling that I was actually watching a suspense movie. Two likeable leads, fleshed out villains, great supporting characters and an engaging suspense that kept you guessing.

Our heroin, Ashley, lost both her parents ten years ago in a fire in Carlyle House. She was there at the scene, but couldn't recall what she witness during that night. One day, when a man wanted to hire her to paint for his grandmother, she came face to face with Rona...more
Katrina
Amy
I love, love, love this book. The characters are well thought out, intriguing, and true to life. Ednah Walters writes a fantastic story, and has written, by leaps and bounds, THE best love-making scene I have ever read in a romance novel, and then supplemented it with three more fairly descriptive accounts throughout the book.

Many Authors have discussed how writing a Romance novel is like following a formula, but I believe Ms. Walters goes above an beyond the romance genre norm and gives us all...more
Penney
Ugh! This was a painful one to get through. Totally improbable plot, unresearched subject matter (to the point of stupidity), unlikeable characters and chock full of inconsistencies.
-How can the police take a multiple homicide case seriously one day, and then drop it the next?
-You're in the corporate security field, but it takes you 3 days to find a man that's not even in hiding?
These are just two of hundreds of questions that popped up as I was slogging my way through this. And to top it all o...more
Michele(mluker) Luker
One word, three syllables.....A...MAZ...ING!!!

Romance and mystery, you just can't get any better....Ashley lost her parents in a fire 10 years ago...Ron lost his father in that same fire. He has been receiving letters making him think that the fire was not an accident. He's on a mission to open the case and find the truth. But one person knows the truth, Ashley. Can he convince her to help? Find out what really happened? Will Ron be able to keep his hands off Ashley? Will Ashley finally trust so...more
Gloria Herrera
I loved this book! Loved the characters, the plot line and the writing. This starts out as a who done it with psychological ramifications. The love affair develops slowly as the protagonists cannot fight the relentless draw they feel to each other. Ashley and Ronald will need to come terms with all the lies and misinformation of the last 10 years in order to move on with their lives.

Gripping story full of mystery and passion. A must read!
Tammy
I.loved.this.book! Passion, mystery, suspense, steamy romance, and lots of twists and turns await you in this book. I won it through a blog contest and am so lucky to have an autographed copy of this amazing book!!! I was drawn in to the story from the very beginning and the characters became very real to me. I couldn't put this book down and I cannot wait to read what's next for Ron and Ashley. Well done Ednah!
Claudine Van
I really enjoyed this book.
Kathryn
3.5 Stars... The story ended with a good bang. And the romance throughout the book was perfect. It is truly a slow burn. A bit disjointed for me though.. back and forth between past and future is a bit weird. All in all this was a good read, just could have been better.
Judi
Very good and thoroughly enjoyed Slow Burn. And for .99 on Amazon what a steal! I'll be checking out the next book in the series.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Free on Amazon 04.05.13
Lori ~Lover of Books~
Nov 29, 2013 Lori ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
Free on Amazon 11/30/13
bosoxgurl
BOOK REVIEW DISCLAIMER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain spoilers, quotes, rants, emotions, cursing and a possible full on recap. I in no way want to ruin anyone’s book reading experience so please read this with caution.

25 year old Ashley Fitzgerald suffers from vivid nightmares of being trapped in a burning house with her parents (that happened 10 years ago). Ashley is a renown painter who is commissioned thousand of dollars for her work. It seems that she wants to buy Carlyle...more
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Review Of Slow Burn By E.B. Walters

Slow Burn was such a HOT read. E.B. really knows how to tell a riveting story. This story has it all a HOT guy, Hot girl, an undeniable attraction, murder, suspense, intrigue, a sociopath, and a buried family secret. I have never been disappointed by ANY of ms. Walters books. Her stories weave a magical spell that just hold you transfixed. Ashley is an artist with no memory of what happened the night her parents died and Ron is a son desperate to find out what...more
Christy And Danielle
All I can say is OMG! This is such a good book! Ms. Walters did a great job with it.

Slow burn is about Ashley Fitzgerald who lost both parents in a fire when she was fifteen years old and Ronald (Ron) Noble who lost his father in the same fire when he was twenty. There were rumors that Ron's father had started the fire but nobody knew for sure.

Ten years after the fire that killed their parents, Ron started receiving letters with names with no return address. The letters weren't written by hand...more
Kiki
I was hooked from page one! Both characters had me engrossed in their lives right from the beginning. I couldn’t help at times, with my connection to them, thinking that too much was left out, that there was too much mystery. But, I guess that is what kept me reading furiously. On the flip side of that, I pretty much knew early on who did it. Yet, absolutely none of this mattered. I was so caught up in the story, the characters rich back stories – not to mention who they were in the present, and...more
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • Intimate Enemies (Covert Affairs, #1)
  • The Enemy's Son
  • Bound to Love
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Minding Amy
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Wild Irish (Weldon, #1)
  • Necessary Detour
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • My Everything
  • No More Wasted Time (The Mathews Family, #1)
  • Midnight Sun
  • Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
I write sensual Paranormal and contemporary romance. When not writing, I read. When not reading, I hang out with my family. When not with my family, I'm plotting and writing....it's a vicious cycle.

From the author's website.
More about E.B. Walters...
Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family, #2) Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family, #3) Dangerous Love (The Fitzgerald Family, #4) Forever Hers (The Fitzgerald Family, #5) Surrender to Temptation (The Fitzgerald Family, #6)