Start by marking “13 Drops of Blood” as Want to Read:
Preview

13 Drops of Blood

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Collection Includes:

The Exhibition: A screamer. My two main characters enjoy a night on the town and venture into a "One Night Only" exhibition called "The Horror Show". They find more terror than they can handle.

The Confession: A throwback tale, reminiscent of Richard Matheson. George Lewis, arrested for murder, desperately explains that he's not the dangerous one. It's
Published October 29th 2010 by Books of the Dead Press

To ask other readers questions about 13 Drops of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13 Drops of Blood

Frank Errington
Not a home run, but definitely an extra base hit...

OK, not sure why I used a baseball analogy for the title of this review. "13 Drops of Blood" has nothing to do with the great American pastime. Must just be that time of year.

This collection of short stories is my first exposure to James Roy Daley. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it's one step above being self-published (James owns the publishing company, Books of the Dead Press) and I did find a few errors, that a better proofread
Meghan
This is yet another book of horror shorts that I have found on Amazon (and for those interested in reading it, it is free).

If you're reading this on your Kindle, please make sure that you go back to the cover so that you don't miss his letter that begins with "Dear literate horror fan." Definitely worth a read.

The Exhibition - A creepy, scary and messed up story. One of my favorites in this book.

The Confession - Another very good story that left me thinking WOW at the end.

Baby - Oh my God love l
Mandy DeGeit
Gory and graphic, Daley's writing takes the reader into his world of intense horror with the thirteen stories contained within these pages.

This collection offers something for everyone, as the author covers different themes with his stories, including horror, monsters, zombies, sci-fi/fantasy and dark humour. While every story may not appeal to all readers, 13 Drops Of Blood offers a broad selection of stories and every one should be able to find one (or more) they like.

Daley's excellent ability
Ana Mardoll
13 Drops of Blood / 2940011997488

"13 Drops of Blood" is a collection of short horror stories from indie author James Daley. I picked up the collection during an online sale and while they didn't turn out to be completely my cup of tea, I want to acknowledge talent where it is due.

The short stories contained in this collection are a combination mish-mash of straight-up horror and fantasy horror -- the reader will follow various characters through worlds with supernatural elements and worlds that
Joanne
There were some interesting stories in this collection, not scare the pants off you horror but interesting. I liked the story about the hanging tree and the zombie telling its side of the story. My enjoyment of the book was arrested however, by the potty humored (literally) last story. It was like listening to a class of immature freshman giggling when you instruct them about anything having to do with sex. Although the premise of the vampire story was unique, its delivery turned me off....
Debra Barstad
This book has 13 short stories centered on the genre of horror. This author is by no means a Stephen King or a Dean Koontz. I was left with the impression that this author has some refining to do to draw in the readers attention. Many of the stories had bad endings and or left the reader thinking what the heck. It was a fast read but not one that I would recommend unless a person had nothing else to read.
David
A fun collection of horror stories. A few were predictable and a couple of them juvenile, but overall the writer showed a lot of talent and creativity in putting this book together. A most wonderful story of a talking dog was by far my favorite. Sadly, this book needs a good edit ~ too many typos and grammatical errors kept this from a 5-star rating.
☆Joycedale☆
Humpty and Shrivels 5 stars
Curse of the Blind Eel 5 stars

Avg rating 3.77
Terri
A great collection of short horror stories. I don't get scared very easily but some of these characters crept into my dreams, making for some pretty good nightmares!!
Well worth reading!
Adriaan
Not a bad read. Some of the stories I didn't care for, but overall it was ok.
The first story about a one night horror show was excellent. That was pretty horrifying.
Nan Silvernail
Pretty good, until that last one, which was pretty silly and juvenile. Ok, the last 2 were juvenile, but the last one was icky as well. Other than those, good work.
Marilou Johnson
I enjoyed a few if the stories in this anthology. Others were just plain weird (and not in a good way).
Carolina Smart
Jan 15, 2011 Carolina Smart is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I just started reading this amazing collection of horror shorts and can't put it down!
Theresa
Not to bad but some ofd the horror stories were more comedy than horror.
Rick
not a well written book. disappointing. A piece of garbage
Kellie Harrington
Great book disturbering great! Gave me the creeps!
Susan
10-6-2013

Review: Read it--don't know why....
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Shanelle
Shanelle marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Dixie Schulz
Dixie Schulz marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Kristen Rowe
Kristen Rowe marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 23, 2015
Cheryl Taylor
Cheryl Taylor is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2015
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Michelle McCoy
Michelle McCoy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
2015 Reading Chal...: 13 Drops of Blood by James Roy Daley 1 12 Feb 01, 2015 12:06PM
  • Desolation: Stories
  • Shock Totem 4: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Zombie Zoology
  • Servants of Darkness
  • Glimpses: The Best Short Stories of Rick Hautala
  • Graveyard Blues (Night Blues, #1)
JAMES ROY DALEY is a writer, editor, and musician. He studied film at the Toronto Film School, music at Humber College, and English at the University of Toronto. He is the author of Terror Town, Into Hell, 13 Drops of Blood, Zombie Kong, and The Dead Parade. In 2009 he founded Books of the Dead Press, where he enjoyed immediate success working with many of the biggest names in horror. He edited an ...more
More about James Roy Daley...
Best New Zombie Tales Vol. 1 The Dead Parade Into Hell Terror Town Zombie Kong