13 Drops of Blood

13 Drops of Blood

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Collection Includes:

The Exhibition: A screamer. My two main characters enjoy a night on the town and venture into a "One Night Only" exhibition called "The Horror Show". They find more terror than they can handle.

The Confession: A throwback tale, reminiscent of Richard Matheson. George Lewis, arrested for murder, desperately explains that he's not the dangerous one. It's...more
Published October 29th 2010 by Books of the Dead Press

Frank Errington
Not a home run, but definitely an extra base hit...

OK, not sure why I used a baseball analogy for the title of this review. "13 Drops of Blood" has nothing to do with the great American pastime. Must just be that time of year.

This collection of short stories is my first exposure to James Roy Daley. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it's one step above being self-published (James owns the publishing company, Books of the Dead Press) and I did find a few errors, that a better proofread...more
Meghan
This is yet another book of horror shorts that I have found on Amazon (and for those interested in reading it, it is free).

If you're reading this on your Kindle, please make sure that you go back to the cover so that you don't miss his letter that begins with "Dear literate horror fan." Definitely worth a read.

The Exhibition - A creepy, scary and messed up story. One of my favorites in this book.

The Confession - Another very good story that left me thinking WOW at the end.

Baby - Oh my God love l...more
Mandy DeGeit
Gory and graphic, Daley's writing takes the reader into his world of intense horror with the thirteen stories contained within these pages.

This collection offers something for everyone, as the author covers different themes with his stories, including horror, monsters, zombies, sci-fi/fantasy and dark humour. While every story may not appeal to all readers, 13 Drops Of Blood offers a broad selection of stories and every one should be able to find one (or more) they like.

Daley's excellent ability...more
Ana Mardoll
13 Drops of Blood / 2940011997488

"13 Drops of Blood" is a collection of short horror stories from indie author James Daley. I picked up the collection during an online sale and while they didn't turn out to be completely my cup of tea, I want to acknowledge talent where it is due.

The short stories contained in this collection are a combination mish-mash of straight-up horror and fantasy horror -- the reader will follow various characters through worlds with supernatural elements and worlds that...more
David
A fun collection of horror stories. A few were predictable and a couple of them juvenile, but overall the writer showed a lot of talent and creativity in putting this book together. A most wonderful story of a talking dog was by far my favorite. Sadly, this book needs a good edit ~ too many typos and grammatical errors kept this from a 5-star rating.
Terri
A great collection of short horror stories. I don't get scared very easily but some of these characters crept into my dreams, making for some pretty good nightmares!!
Well worth reading!
Nan Silvernail
Pretty good, until that last one, which was pretty silly and juvenile. Ok, the last 2 were juvenile, but the last one was icky as well. Other than those, good work.
Marilou Johnson
I enjoyed a few if the stories in this anthology. Others were just plain weird (and not in a good way).
Carolina Smart
Jan 15, 2011 Carolina Smart is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I just started reading this amazing collection of horror shorts and can't put it down!
Theresa
Not to bad but some ofd the horror stories were more comedy than horror.
Kellie Harrington
Great book disturbering great! Gave me the creeps!
Susan
10-6-2013

Review: Read it--don't know why....
John Neveu
John Neveu marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Will Hartzo
Will Hartzo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Dawn Zdrojewski
Dawn Zdrojewski marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Joanne Myers
Joanne Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Blah Smith
Blah Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kristal Shaffer
Kristal Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Maryjo
Maryjo marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014