No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)

No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  417 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Brandy and her friends are back in the second book in the Brandy Alexander Mystery Series No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date When childhood friend and recent parolee Toodie Ventura suggests he exchange his plumbing services for the spare room in twenty-eight year old Brandy Alexander's house, the out-of-work new homeowner thinks it's a pretty good idea. That is, until she...more
Published October 6th 2006 by AuthorHouse (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date

Jane Stewart
The heroine surprises and delights me. I can’t believe how frequently I laughed and chuckled.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This is book 2 in a series about Brandy. Books 1 to 3 are not romance novels because Brandy is not “with a guy” at the end of each book. But she gets her happy romantic ending at the end of book 4. It’s worth waiting for.

Brandy lies all of the time to most people including herself – and they usually know she’s lying. A couple examples follow. A love interest asks her if she’s been wit...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Brandy gets roommate
Now he's wanted for murder
And she's in trouble

Funny and sexy
Well done, complex mystery
Ebook many goofs
Shelley
Good light hearted reading with characters that I enjoyed. Just a couple of continuity issues with the book. The author will write about a current situation, but backtrack and talk about events earlier in the evening. This caused confusion for me. She does it a few times, but one time it really messed with the timeline and I had to flip back a couple of pages to ensure my comprehension (wha? did I miss something?). Also, for a person that doesn't have a job, Brandy always has money for some nons...more
Nancy
Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
Brandy Alexander takes in a former childhood friend, Toodie, as a roommate in exchange for plumbing services. A freezer is delivered to Brandy's basement and the dismembered body of a woman is found. Brandy's former boyfriend, a married policeman, tries to protect Brandy when her house is trashed. In addition, Toodie is missing and leaves a dog behind. Brandy puts up fliers about the lost dog, a man calls, she meets him, and he is beaten up. The dog poops up a flash drive. The man, Keith, doesn'...more
Adrienne Testa
Brandy just can't help herself... she must snoop. She must challenge the people around her. She must be in control and need help getting out of trouble. She is amusing as she figures out who the bad guy is before she gets killed. Okay, so she has Marie stalking her, they get into a cat fight and then end up in the warehouse together with two killers. The story surrounding a Jersey Casino getting illegal immigrants into the country with the help of a Philly lawyer. The information on a thumb driv...more
Linda Bulger
You need a shot of Brandy

Brandy Alexander's back in South Philly and the town may never be the same. In this second book of the "No Such Thing" series, we find Brandy settling back into the old neighborhood and looking for a job. Her search is going nowhere so she takes in her old classmate Toodie Ventura, in exchange for some badly needed plumbing work and butler services. True, Toodie's just back from "an all expense paid vacation, courtesy of the Pennsylvania penal system," but he's a good gu...more
ALPHAreader
‘No Such Things as a Good Blind Date’ is the second book in Shelly Fredman’s ‘Brandy Alexander’ mystery series. I loved the first book, ‘No Such Thing as a Secret’, and this second instalment is a wonderful follow through.

Brandy was an LA fluff reporter... but coming home and solving her best friends murder (of sorts) really makes a girl nostalgic for her roots. So Brandy packed her bags and moved home to Philadelphia... her parents moved to Florida and sold the family home to her and now she’s...more
Christy
In book two of the Brandy Alexander mystery series, Brandy’s moved back to her hometown of Philadelphia and is now proud owner of her parents’ rowhouse. Brandy isn’t having much luck finding a job so agrees to provide room and board to Toodie Ventura, a former friend, in exchange for plumbing work on the old house. Toodie turns out to be a great roommate but has one flaw: he keeps bringing home junk and storing it in the basement. When Brandy opens a freezer Toodie told her contains steak, she f...more
Shawn Clements
4.5 What a great book, and I actually liked it better than the first one! I will definitely be reading the rest of them in the series. This series reminds me of the Janet Evanovich books, but with characters that are more interesting. The only problem I found was the main character Brandy is always in danger and her Mother and Father know about it within minutes, but never come back to Philly to check on her…I find this strange.
Kimberlie
I had hoped the characters and story line would grow on me, but they didn't. I found myself skimming, and some things just didn't feel believable. It's a good series, but it doesn't hold my attention very well. Unfortunately, I don't think I will continue with it.
Karyogini
This 2nd book is better than the 1st. I think.

He main characters here remind me of the Stephanie Plum Series... You know Morelli and Ranger? No bounty hunters here though. Although the guys in this book has more complications. Like Bobby being married and all.
It just keeps getting better and better.LOVED IT!!!
Janet
Fredman e-mailed me and offered to send me a free copy of her book if I reviewed it on Amazon. Never one to pass up a free book, I hurriedly agreed. This is a very, very similar read to the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. The plot’s a little slow to begin with, but Fredman quickly finds her rhythm. My only complaint is I didn’t know this was the second in a series. I always feel lost when I don’t start out with number one, but I’ll get over it.
Sherrie perlman
Jul 30, 2008 Sherrie perlman rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sherrie by: author
this is the 2nd book in this series and i bought this book, because i went to school with shelly. she is from my neighborhood in philly. this book is easy reading about a girl who has moved back to phila from california, and all the situations she gets involved in. being from phila, we can relate with the area, and places that"brandy" visits.
Rebecca Goldberg
I absolutely love this series so far. The humor is what really makes it great. The only thing that gets me is this woman needs a better editor!! Too many recurring errors, such as quote marks wrongly placed. It would have been a 5-star rating otherwise, but unfortunately I was actually bothered by the need for better editing.
Jeanie Jackson

A lot of laughs and well worth the read.

Note: I seldom give 5's on Goodreads because I am comparing these books to the best I ever read. At other sites, rate just to how much I recommend a book. This is a 5 recommendation.
Kristin
This is my new favorite series. Shelly Fredman just has to write faster. I love the characters, the fact that it's funny and that there is a mystery. I am also in love with Nick. Bobby is great too, but I love the bad boys.
Judith Kristen
Second in the Brandy Alexander series. Again more fun and mayhem, murder, sex, love and lust (oh... and lots of chocolate) in the city of Brotherly Love!

LOVED IT!!!!!!
Karen Davis
Shelly Fredman didn't disappoint at all with this book! I loved it!! Again, it has all the flare that you could ever want in it....great book...great series so far.
Almiles
I really enjoyed Shelly Fredman's 4 book series. I find her characters more appealing and believable/realistic than Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.
Denise
book 2 in Brandy Alexander series! Brandy is my new fav character and who will she end up with ex boyfriend and cop Bobby or dark and mysterious Nick?
Jodi Arnold
Good read...could have used less swearing.
Genji Bailey
Fun, FUn, FUN! With a little steam on the side.
Denise W
Awesome series,
Name Deb
Really enjoyed!
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery #2)
  • January Kills Me
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • A Done Deal (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #5)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Better Off Dead In Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery # 4)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
No Such Thing As A Secret (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #1) No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3) No Such Thing As A Free Ride (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #4) No Such Thing as a Lost Cause (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #5) No Such Thing As a Lost Cause...A Brandy Alexander Mystery (No Such Thing As...A Brandy Alexander Mystery)