Start by marking “The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb” as Want to Read:
The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This trade-like survey text is known for Alan Brinkley's clear narrative voice, impeccable scholarship, and reliability, all at a low price. It offers a careful examination of American political and diplomatic history, while also exploring the other areas of the American past that are of interest to scholars and students alike. The balanced picture that emerges connects th...more
Paperback
Published June 3rd 2003 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Langua (first published December 28th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

Cara
I read this book for a college history class that I was taking.
The book was very insightful, but I thought it could have held more detail in some more pertinent ares, and left out some of the less insignificant details.
Cynthia Martin
Not a history buff at all, but it's necessary for my US History class. I find it to be easy to read & comprehend. Reads more like a novel than a text.
Kristine Rier
Easy to read and includes the essential information. Read this as a supplement to a much larger APUSH text and found this book gave a very good overview.
Christopher
Pretty standard history book. But it was interesting and kept me reading. (I had to read it for a class, but I would look over it again.)
Nichole
Pretty good for a history textbook.
Becca-Rawr
The average in history textbooks.
John Kay
John Kay is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2014
Indra
Indra marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Noreen
Noreen marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 20, 2014
C
C marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Dani Elle
Dani Elle marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
Nathaniel Schochet
Nathaniel Schochet marked it as to-read
ErinJoseph Cook
ErinJoseph Cook marked it as to-read
Brad Gandy
Brad Gandy marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Allie
Allie is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Frank
Frank added it
Aug 20, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin & the Great Depression The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century The End of Reform: New Deal Liberalism in Recession and War Franklin Delano Roosevelt American History: A Survey (w/Primary Source Investigator/Powerweb)