Start by marking “The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb” as Want to Read:
The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This trade-like survey text is known for Alan Brinkley's clear narrative voice, impeccable scholarship, and reliability, all at a low price. It offers a careful examination of American political and diplomatic history, while also exploring the other areas of the American past that are of interest to scholars and students alike. The balanced picture that emerges connects th ...more
Paperback
Published June 3rd 2003 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Langua (first published December 28th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unfinished Nation, Volume 1, with Powerweb

Cara
I read this book for a college history class that I was taking.
The book was very insightful, but I thought it could have held more detail in some more pertinent ares, and left out some of the less insignificant details.
Cynthia Martin
Not a history buff at all, but it's necessary for my US History class. I find it to be easy to read & comprehend. Reads more like a novel than a text.
Kristine Rier
Easy to read and includes the essential information. Read this as a supplement to a much larger APUSH text and found this book gave a very good overview.
Christopher
Pretty standard history book. But it was interesting and kept me reading. (I had to read it for a class, but I would look over it again.)
Cassandra
Pretty good. reads just like a regular book.
Nichole
Pretty good for a history textbook.
Becca-Rawr
The average in history textbooks.
Edris Foroughi
Edris Foroughi marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Yuri Mariscal
Yuri Mariscal marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Zola
Zola marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Brandon Simons
Brandon Simons marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Unentschieden
Unentschieden is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Miriam
Miriam added it
Apr 26, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Kelli
Kelli is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Missy
Missy is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin & the Great Depression The End of Reform: New Deal Liberalism in Recession and War The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century Franklin Delano Roosevelt American History: A Survey (w/Primary Source Investigator/Powerweb)