Start by marking “There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem” as Want to Read:
There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem

There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,562 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
NATIONAL BESTSELLER FROM ACCLAIMED AUTHOR WAYNE DYER

In this inspiring book, bestselling author Wayne Dyer draws from various spiritual traditions to help us unplug from the material world and awaken to the divine with.

With his trademark wit, wisdom, and humor, bestselling author Wayne Dyer offers compelling testimony on the power of love, harmony, and service. When confron
Published October 13th 2009 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem

May 25, 2008 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's just me, but I have a problem with people telling me how to live when it doesn't look like they can do what they suggest the rest of us should do.

Let's take for example Dr. Wayne Dyer's There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem.' Wasn't there a spiritual solution to prevent any of his three marriages from ending in divorce? Or didn't he think divorce was a problem? I'm assuming he took the same vows all married people take, the ones that include 'Until death do us part.' Don't tho
Bridget
Jul 08, 2011 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am beginning to believe that anything by Wayne Dyer is amazing, but I may be partial. I love his soothing voice, his wonderful sense of humor, and his brilliant messages. If you are struggling in any area of your life, or if you're having a great time and want ti to get even better, then you really shoudl consider this book. According to him, there are no problems in life. We create the problems. I had to listen to this part several times because it's difficult to grasp. Life doesn't have to b ...more
Victoria
Sep 04, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The principal message of this book can be summarized with the universal maxim, as you think, so shall you be. It’s that simple and you can either dismiss this book as hippy dippy or you can embrace the fact that spirituality and positive energy need not be complicated. From the teachings of mystics to the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, Dr. Dyer leads you through the practical applications of their wisdom and how you can shift low energy vibrations (fear, anger, guilt, envy, etc.) to a higher e ...more
Alfred Lucena
Aug 31, 2010 Alfred Lucena is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
got it for a quarter in a garage sale...but it is becoming worth way more than that...priceless
Alicia
Mar 08, 2008 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I thought this was a great book. I saw a lot of parallels with some of the things in Miguel Ruiz's books. I really like the emphasis on meditation to help solve what you think are problems. The one thing that I felt was left out of this book is the idea that you can decide not to want something. This book talks a lot about if there is something you want, you can meditate and this will help you get what you want. As much as this can work, I think there are a lot of times when it is just as import ...more
Jeff Maziarek
In this book Dyer focuses half of the content on interpreting the famous "St. Francis Prayer." In all honesty, this title didn't resonate with me as much as other books he's written. This is not to suggest there isn't value in this work, for there surely is, it's just in my view it's not among the best of the numerous books he's written throughout his long and storied career. Here is one of my favorite passages from it:

"Who are the people who seem to be able to push your buttons and send you int
Judith
Mar 20, 2009 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dyer as normal quotes others and recommends lots of books.
One fact I didn't agree with but before I joined the LDS (Mormon) church believed is that there is no devil. He believes there is no devil so problems are thoughts. If you live in the now and connect with God (light)and keep away from dark all will be okay. I understand the theory of bad and darkness, as a dark bad feeling only I look at night with light as beautiful. I'm a morning person so I really don't go out much in the night but I w
Karen
Oct 23, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
I read this book for the first time in 2005, finishing it on New Year's Day 2006. I loved it back then, but didn't fully appreciate it. I've just finished "reading" it again by listening to it on audiobook while driving through multiple traffic jams on the way home from Virginia Beach. I love it even more now. This is such an uplifting, positive book and is worth listening to for a powerful shot of optimism whenever necessary. One of my favorite lines is, "A basic ingredient of spiritual energy ...more
Andrea Samadi
Feb 05, 2012 Andrea Samadi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gives the reader hope to uncovering the solutions of the mind. I picked this book up to see what perspective Dyer would give me to help me feel at ease as I tackled those difficult times in life, and I felt so good as I read things I knew were true.

Constantly working on keeping myself in a higher vibration is one way I am working on the prevention of life's challenges, but when they do hit me, I know that I just cannot give them energy. Practicing Dyers theories, has been time well sp
Jan Daker
Dec 06, 2012 Jan Daker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an older book of Dyer's but no less relevant. For people interested in spirituality, I find Dyer extremely clear and well educated on spiritual teachings throughout the ages. His clarity of ideas makes a complex world simple. My favorite chapter is Stop giving energy to things you don't believe in.
Now, of course, the practicing of the message is the continuation. Wish me luck!
Hazel
May 04, 2012 Hazel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual

This was one of the very first spiritual books I ever read & it really turned my life around. Up until I read this book I didn't really think that happiness was a choice. I was always waiting for something or someone to make me happy. Dyer gives some spiritual advice for the most common problems people face. Enlightening yet practical I think everyone should have this book!
Alison Meeks
Mar 21, 2014 Alison Meeks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To say I have read this book is not quite true. I have it in audiobook format and it lives in the deck of my car. I can't even say at this point in time how many times I have listened to it as it gets played often and has for many years now.

What I will say for sure is that if you haven't read or listened to this book you are missing out.
Sharilee
Aug 30, 2008 Sharilee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest here and share my bias. I read all of Wayne Dyer's books and love them all, so I'm not necessarily well qualified to review them. I highly recommend ANY and ALL of his writings. His philosophy of life is a perfect match with mine.
Sasha Menendez
Feb 11, 2008 Sasha Menendez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a source of inspiration this book gave me. It filters everything through unconditional love and offers so much peace and fulfillment. I have bought many copies of this book for others and will continue to do so. Please get a copy and read it.
Dan Robinson
Jan 27, 2010 Dan Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the time, and I did keep my highlighters and page flags handy and put them to use. Like all wisdom writings, it merely points in the right direction, but when the one pointing does so from a place of deep knowing, it can be truly helpful.
Debbie-lee
Aug 06, 2012 Debbie-lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wayne dyer is a guru. I don't think a week goes by where I don't think of or apply, or teach someone else a lesson that he has taught me through his books, audio books and talks. Transformative.
Sara
Sep 04, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books by Wayne Dyer! So sad to hear of his recent passing (Aug. 29, 2015).
I've read this one a few times over the years and come away with something new every time.
Jacinta Cooper
May 04, 2014 Jacinta Cooper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books ever. My copy has many tabbed pages and I often read it like a prayer book. My mind becomes silent and calm when I absorb myself in its pages.
Kendall
Jul 27, 2007 Kendall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now here is a guy who knows exactly what he is talking about! If you want to eliminate "problems" in your life, Wayne Dyer really does have the solution. Profound!
Kathy
Jun 17, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wayne Dyer gives us spiritual tools when confronted with problems. He examines the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi and shows how it can work in our lives.
Carmen
Apr 23, 2008 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't matter what religious affiliation you may have, this book is universal. The only requirement is believing.
Barb
Feb 24, 2010 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Wayne Dyers books. They give a unique point of view.
Mark Branham
Jun 16, 2009 Mark Branham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it's his best book ever. It jump started my own development.
Elissa
Dec 02, 2009 Elissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a life saver.
Kathy fitzgerald
Simple Truths
Charmin
Jul 23, 2016 Charmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. All your conflict with others are never between you and them; They are between you and God.
Love your body as the temple that God gave you to house your soul on this journey.
2. The empowering way is to view trials as lessons and opportunities to choose differently.
3. True abundance is an absolute knowing that everything you need will be supplied.
4. Give the world your spirit and detach from the outcome of your efforts and your energy field becomes less and less contaminated.
5. Ev
Stacy Rancourt
Mar 10, 2016 Stacy Rancourt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I love the teachings of Wayne Dyer! This book is filled with so much wonderful advice, and it can be difficult to take it all in at once. It is a very deep book, and if I were rating it on content alone, I would give it 5 stars without a doubt. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it was not an easy read for me and it took me quite a while to get through it.

When Wayne Dyer passed away on August 30th of this year, I felt the need to pick it up again and finish it. I love the stories he te
Barbara Cadwell
Feb 18, 2013 Barbara Cadwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Barbara by: A Program Person
Other than the books I have written, smile here, ‘There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem’ by Wayne Dyer is one of the best books I’ve ever read. At the time, I was onto the energy principle, but not yet into it. Since, I fully comprehend energy and how it works on all dimensions.
So says Dyer, there’s low/slow energy & high energy. We equate high energy with busy, busy, busy. Wrong! That’s low/slow energy. High energy reflects divine connection. Therefore, when drifting on error think
drowningmermaid
Aug 28, 2013 drowningmermaid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, read-in-2013
In some ways, I love it. I really feel like Dyer is the new-wave of spirituality, one that makes sense with science and with reality (which is not especially dogmatic.) Sometimes. Some of the time he sounds like a new age nut.
Particularly unfond of the way he seems to guilt people who have chronic medical issues (including ARTHRITIS?? Gah.) Doesn't help that I knew a kid who had suffered crippling arthritis from age five-- arthritis that broke his limbs. Ok, sure, if he thought about it differen
Karen
Aug 24, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are many wonderful things in my life that never would have happened ifI did not read this book. This book took me out of my comfort zone and expectations. It encouraged me to keep a very open mind about outcomes. And once again, I found myself putting myself in places and positions I never would have allowed myself to be from being pessimistic or close minded and wonderful things happened.
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Soul Stories
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • After Life
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...

“Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” 51 likes
“There is a story concerning the Buddha, who is in the company of a fellow traveler who tests this great teacher with derogatory, insulting, disparaging, and bitter responses to anything the Buddha says. Every day, for three days when the Buddha spoke, the traveler responded by calling him a fool, and ridiculing the Buddha in some arrogant fashion. Finally, at the end of the third day, the traveler could stand it no more. He asked, “How is it that you are able to be so loving and kind when all I’ve done for the past three days is dishonor and offend you? Each time I am disobliging to you, you respond in a loving manner. How is this possible?” The Buddha responded with a question of his own for the traveler. “If someone offers you a gift, and you do not accept that gift, to whom does the gift belong?” 6 likes