Start by marking “Crochet Patterns for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Crochet Patterns for Dummies

Crochet Patterns for Dummies

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Would you like to learn to crochet? Already know the basics, but would like to stretch your crocheting skills? From scarves and sweaters to hats and handbags, you can create beautiful, useful designs with ease using "Crochet Patterns For Dummies." From choosing the right hooks and yarn and crocheting basic stitches to joining pieces together, this easy-to-follow guide will ...more
Published February 9th 2011 by For Dummies (first published October 1st 2007)

Katy M
Nov 30, 2014 Katy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A worthy addition to your crochet resource library.

I almost gave this book 4 stars as, regardless of their popularity, I dislike any title with the negativity represented by such a word as "dummies."
Aside from that, this is a well researched, well-written teaching book. I've been crocheting for around 45 years and learned much here.
There is textbook style instruction from books to yarn to pattern reading and everything in between, humor, teaching patterns designed to familiarize the reader with
TRJ
May 24, 2012 TRJ rated it liked it
A good book for beginners or people who wants to crochet again after a gap. The low point is that there were just about few pages containing pictures of finished projects and it needs more useful patterns. Not for people looking for patterns.
Judith Middlebrooks
Ugly patterns!

Ugly patterns!

I'm sorry, I don't usually write bad reviews, but don't waste your money. These patterns look very amateur, and not worth the trouble of making.
Yaaresse
A good refresher course if it's been a while since you picked up a hook. I learned a few things about yarn weights and how to read a pattern (although I still think trying to read a crochet pattern is an open invitation to eyestrain.)

Like all For Dummies books, the material is well-organized and easy to understand. There are ample graphics and a good index. The downside is that the project depicted aren't that inspiring. Ok, the truth is most of them are pretty ugly. Except for one hat, I didn'
Nikki
Sep 01, 2011 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts
My newest hobby: crochet. It runs my family, I think, this tendency to be drawn to arts and crafts. I'm all about words, normally, but... Anyway, Crochet Patterns for Dummies is okay, but it's not intended for a total beginner. I imagine Crochet for Dummies would've been a better start. Still, it has clear explanations and good information.

Haven't actually made anything out of here -- there's nothing that really appeals. Clothes and useful things are all well and good, but these are more my spee
Sri
Dec 16, 2008 Sri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Sudah baca sekilas. Aku lebih suka buku ini daripada saudaranya yaitu buku Knitting Patterns For Dummies. Barang-barang yang dihasilkan cukup menarik hati walaupun dibuat dengan teknik yang masih dasar. Kesimpulanku setelah membaca sekilas buku ini adalah: gunakan benang-benang yang lucu dan crochet yang paling sederhana pun akan menghasilkan barang yang lucu-lucu. Masalahnya, benang lucunya beli di mana ya :|. Di sini sangat terbatas.
Lois
Mar 16, 2013 Lois rated it really liked it
A great help but I found I learn better by watching YouTube videos of theknitwitch and BobWilson123
Shannon
Better than just HOW TO for dummies
Vanessa OBetz
Vanessa OBetz marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Judith Smith
Judith Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Alexandra Taliana
Alexandra Taliana rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Chrystal Varela
Chrystal Varela marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
maggie bullen
maggie bullen rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it did not like it
Jun 27, 2016
soleah staves
soleah staves rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Claudia Burdick
Claudia Burdick rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Sinisiipi
Sinisiipi marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Vangie Deleon
Vangie Deleon rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Lesley Vick
Lesley Vick marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
melissa
melissa rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Jorie A Doyle
Jorie A Doyle rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Nicki Lynn
Nicki Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Madyson
Madyson rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • Crocheting in Plain English: Easy-to-follow lessons in patterns, Sensible solutions to nagging problems, The only book any crocheter will ever Need.
  • Cool Crochet
  • Crochet Boutique: 30 Simple, Stylish Hats, Bags & Accessories
  • 200 Crochet Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets: An Indispensible Resource of Technical Know-How and Troubleshooting Tips
  • The Finer Edge: Crocheted Trims, Motifs & Borders
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
  • 100 Snowflakes to Crochet: Make Your Own Snowdrift---to Give or to Keep
  • Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps
  • Blueprint Crochet
  • Bag Style: 20 Inspirational handbags, totes, and carry-alls to knit and crochet
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • The Fine Art of Crochet: Innovative Works from Twenty Contemporary Artists
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!