Judy Moody, M.D. (Book #5): The Doctor Is In!

Judy Moody, M.D. (Book #5): The Doctor Is In! (Judy Moody #5)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  2,848 ratings  ·  109 reviews
The fifth installment in the popular and best-selling series starring Judy Moody. Judy Moody has a mood for every occasion, and now, she, Judy Moody, is in a medical mood It's no secret that Judy wants to be like Elizabeth Blackwell, first woman doctor, when she grows up. So when Class 3T starts to study the Amazing Human Body, Judy can hardly wait to begin her better-than...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published January 1st 2004)

Steven R. McEvoy
This is about the tenth book in either Judy Moody or Stink Moody series that I have read. And boy was it fun! I actually read this while home sick myself, and my wife and children were sick also. This book made some of the stuff we were going through easier to take. The book focuses around Judy and her continued desire to be a Doctor when she grows up. Her class has a trip to the Emergency room to visit the Hospital with the other third grade class. But soon after that trip, Stink ends up sick a...more
Kristine
Judy Moody is SO my daughter. I get to enjoy her charming self but I also am on the receiving end of a lot of her "ROAR!"s. And so the life of 8 year old Moody Judy continues. This time her friends played a trick on HER!!! I mean, it's ok for Judy to tease her friends but heaven forbid she ever be teased back. THAT is my daughter, as well. I loved the reconciliation at the end . . .

ps the one thing I don't like about these books is how she talks about Jessica Finch. Ok, Judy, I get it. So the g...more
Jabo
Stink got something out of his closet."What is that?" Asked Judy. My bellybutton "YUCK!"Said Judy.Judy put underwear on a frog. someone called MR.NOSE HAIR. And he asked "What kind of phone number do you call if you get hurt?" And everybody shouted "911"! "GOOD"! said Mr.nose hair said. Frank took a clone to school.A CAR BORED CLONE. "What is that?" asked Judy. "My clone". Answered Frank.On the first chapter Judy moody looked like humpty dumpty.
Katie
I liked the book. I enjoyed the poems, but the jokes were not funny.
Zoe Brozyna
Judy Moody is a fun girl with all different kinds of moods. Grouchy moods, getting famous moods, saving the world moods, predicting the future moods, independent moods, around the world moods, college moods, detective moods, summer moods, lucky charm moods, and in this book, a doctor mood.

Judy wants to be just like her idol, Elizabeth Blackwell, First Woman Doctor, while she's a kid and when she's an adult. But how can she do that if she can't practice? Read about her funny adventures as she, Ju...more
Hi
The last book that I have in the Judy Moody series. :( It's sad. Makes me wish I collected all of them when I was younger. I wouldn't even DARE buying them now. Priced at P500? Dear Lord. Everything was better when I didn't know the price of money. Makes me feel grateful that I had parents who were well-off enough to provide me with things like these. Thanks, dad. Thanks, mom.

I think this was my least favorite book from the three books that I own. It didn't really capture me. I couldn't even rem...more
luhvBOOKS
Title: Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In!

Author: Megan McDonald

Series: Judy Moody #5

Rating: ★★★

Summary: She took her own temperature. With the fancy thermometer that beeped. It was not normal. It was not 98.6. Judy's temperature was 188.8! Judy's temperature was 00.0! Judy's temperature was beep-beep-beep-beep-beep. She, Judy Moody, had the temperature of an outer-space alien! Judy Moody has a mood for every occasion, and now, she, Judy Moody, is in a medical mood! It's no secret that Judy want...more
Dolly
Oct 26, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fifth book in the Judy Moody series by Megan McDonald. We've read several of the books in this series and have really enjoyed them. Judy is very spontaneous, creative and expressive and our girls love how funny she can be. I love that she's a strong, independent and spunky female character.

This story focuses on Judy's fixation on becoming a doctor and illnesses within the family. Judy and her classmates have interesting ways to present their science projects and the narrative helped...more
Mr
Divya Pillai 10/1/08 period 6 151 pages.
I read the whole book and this is my review
The main character in this story is Judy she is important becuase it talks about how she is having these feelings. My favorite part of the book is when GT 3 class goes on a feild trip to the emengany room. The main problem is when judy moody is so into being a doctor that when she figures out that she can be a vetanarian she is happy. I would reccomend this book to a friend. It does not care what mood you are in i...more
Michelle. D.
I loved the all Judy Moody books when I was kid! They were always so adventurous and interesting. Megan really knows hot to write books for kids withour making them too complicated or too easy. The illustrations are really good to. When I was a kid, I would always try to draw and recreate the pictures. I really love Judy's cat, Mouse?,. It's just that he's? always there randomly.Stink was amazing character too. Smart and funny. I find it hilarious that a parent would name there kid Stink. I love...more
Julie
My kids LOVE Judy Moody & her younger brother Stink! These are great books to read out loud to your early elementary (4K-2nd grade) kids -- and the older elementary kids will love to read these to themselves. A friend who teaches 5th grade recommended these books for my kids, and she was right-on in her recommendation. Even last year at age 3, Hayden couldn't wait until after bath time to read another chapter -- and she could always answer questions from the previous night's chapter, so I kn...more
Tamara
Another enjoyable Judy Moody book. I do think we are going to take a break and read something else for now :)
Evelyn
Interesting and funny humerous bookie!!
great book for doctor-wannabes!
Lacy.       go jb ivey/hudson
i gave it 5 stares because it was funny and good to read. i read this book because it looked good and because it had a cat on it. once i started to read it, it got better and better. the book it a book that you can read when you have no books with you or if you need a laugh. i read in the book that she dose not really like her life but she wants to live it so i read it to find out what happend and i did but i cant rememmber i can a little it is like i am happy so dont spoile it for me.
Mckennak
In the story Judy is taking a feild trip to the hospile. When they get there they get a tour of stuff. Judy volentered ,so the person gave judy a cast. after class and the feild trip, Stink had to go down to the nurses offecie. But he was scared of the skeliton in the room. So Judy came with. She took the skeliton whale they were waiting then she started telling jokes. he was not scared any more so judy left. After Stink was done they went home. Stink had to stay at home so Judy got angry.
Shakiba  Mim
این رو هم خیلی دوست داشتم. خیلی. عشقِ پزشکی بودنش و رفتاراش. 8)
Angria
I am all beaming with smiles now that I have just finished with this cute little book. Judy Moody never fails me. It gives me all that i want just when i need a good laugh. Very entertaining yet highly educational at the same time. A very quick and fun read to me! Been grinning silly over the course of the book.
Twyla
Judy was going to be the first girl docter.that didn't work out so well.Then she got sick from tonsilitis the same thing her brother had.she was pretending because it was a kind of day for pretending.They were learning about human bodies and sickness and other stuff.She learned about mostly everything.Auryn 8yo
Debbie
#5 in the Judy Moody series.

Judy Moody wants to be just like Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor. Judy has the best-ever idea for show-and-tell while her class is studying the human body, but when she gets sick, she proves that doctors are not always the best patients!
Ellie Pendleton
This book was awful!! I didn't like it at all. I was in 4th grade when I read this book.
I didn't like it at all so, I tried it again when I was in 5th grade and I hated it even more!!
I do no recommend this book to anyone: except for anyone ages: 4-8
Sophie
The Judy Moody series is a timeless classic that teaches our children confidence, loyalty, adventure, passion, and more necessary characteristics.

I do recommend you to read this book no matter your age, its never too late to learn new things.
Mari
This book is very hilarious and humorous. It's one of my favorite books of Judy Moody because she wants to be first woman doctor when she grows up and i want to be a doctor too. I just like to lay down and just read a good funny book.
Haim
Judy Moody is a fascinating little girl. I enjoyed how she interacted with her brother and friends. What I liked was how Judy reacted when she got her wish to stay home from school - that it was not all fun and games. A wonderful read.
Taima
i have read all of the judy moody books. for some reason, this one was my favorite. again , no idea why. before i read the rest, i thought they were all the same they were. not in a bad way, though. this one was just a bit better.
Rachel Inbar
OK, so I don't think the book is that amazingly awesome, but for what it was, it was done really well. It threw in a bit of education along with fun - and the fact that Judy *loves* school in this book made it worth the read :-)
Teagan Timmers
Judy Moody is now a doctor! Join Judy on her wonderful adventure.. as a doctor. If your confused so far, you'll just have to read it won't you? This book has easy words but just as much fun as eating cheeseburgers!
Zoe
A really good book I loved it. I have only read one of the Judy Moody books... this one. I just kind of forgot about it. I own a copy of it but I just never see it. I think this is one of my favorites.
Lidian
This is a great book!I always love to read these types of books when I am bored!Judy in this book is really roar-ish and happy-ish!!The thing I really like about this book is that it is really interesting!
Elaine
Cool! Rare!

Again Judy moody was always in the mood, this time shes in the mood to not go to school and pretends to be sick and eventually ended up getting sick. Light read for the kids and adults too..
Ari
This book is a great book. The only reason I gave it four stars is because I wish it was longer and had bigger problems. Other wise, it's a great book that I hope you read
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny (Junie B. Jones, #27)
  • Clementine's Letter (Clementine, #3)
  • Out to Lunch (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #2)
  • You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
  • The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #6)
  • Goldie The Sunshine Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #11; Weather Fairies, #4)
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an...more
More about Megan McDonald...
Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1) Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2) Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1) Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3) Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Judy Moody, #4)