Start by marking “Lie for Me” as Want to Read:
Lie for Me

Lie for Me

Lauren Holloway's ex-fiance, Tucker Kane, is without an alibi when his ex-wife is murdered. Tucker claims to have been alone at a job site at the time, but he needs Lauren to lie for him so that he won't become a suspect in the murder. She refuses; now as a prime suspect, Tucker disappears without a trace. Years later, she sees him at an antique fair, and worried that ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Lie for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie for Me

Joi
Jul 12, 2015 Joi rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book and no, I did not guess the end. I wasn't surprised. The only problem I had with this book is I believe it was too long, and the runaround was unnecessary. I liked most of the characters, but I believe that it took too long to develop all of the characters, therefore there wasn't enough time to "Guess Whodunnit?". There was one suspect, just handed to you, but you already knew that's not the right one. The character development could have been better, for this book to ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Bad things happening to good people just doesn't seem right. How much faith does it take to overcome unjust adversity and come out stronger and a better person?

Mature, with successful careers, and so-very-much in love, Lauren Holloway and Tucker Kane are soon to be wed and the plans are drawn for their dream home to be started as soon as they marry, but the world seems to cave in on them. Bad things begin to happen and just keep gett
Sep 18, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it

Tucker was called to a job site to pick up what some would call antique wood. When he arrived he was shocked to see the body of a woman murdered and it's not just any woman, it's the body of his ex-wife Margot, whom he was in the process of having a long custody over their daughter Kristy. Tucker knew life for him and his soon to be wife Lauren was going to get intense, Tucker is the prime suspect in the investigation and was the last person to see or speak to Margot after having a argument over
Viviane Crystal
Jun 26, 2011 Viviane Crystal rated it it was amazing
Tucker Kane, a successful builder, is about to get the shock of his wife. Approaching his house in order to collect some rare wood before the house is demolished, Tucker notices his dog is very excited in a nervous, upset way. Entering the home, he has his first shock, that a woman is lying on the floor murdered, and his second, that it’s his ex-wife, Margot. Immediately after calling the police, he calls his fiancé, Lauren, and is interrogated by the local police. We then discover the real ...more
Gloria Bernal
Aug 01, 2011 Gloria Bernal rated it liked it
There is a definite Christian theme underlying the suspense in this new novel, which in my opinion is mis-titled. The main characters are strong, faithful good people, and believers in prayer. Tucker Cane is the accused architect/carpenter in the death of his ex-wife, with whom he has been fighting an ugly custody-battle in regards to their young daughter. His fiance, Lauren, is the principal of a Christian school. Neither of them ever lied to police investigators when questioned about their ...more
Marilyn Rondeau
Oct 26, 2011 Marilyn Rondeau rated it really liked it
I’ve read numerous romantic suspense novels over time but this had to be the first one that tosses in snippets of Christianity at odd irregular intervals. Unfortunately I didn’t see the Christian theme as well as others did in the fact that Ms. Young gave her characters strong Christian beliefs which I thought was good in defining the type of character Tucker was as not only a regular church attendee but who also took the time to become involved in church activities.

Ms. Young did give the chara
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By: Lisa
Review Copy Provided By: ARC by Nancy Breland Public Relations
Lauren Holloway and Tucker Kane are building their life together when tragedy strikes. Tucker stumbles upon his ex-wife’s body at a job site and he becomes the prime suspect in her murder. Lauren continues to support Tucker even though the evidence points to Tucker as being guilty.

Long held secrets and lies from the past, rise to the surface to haunt Tucker. Can Lauren trust the man she thought she knew so well? As T
April
Aug 01, 2011 April rated it really liked it
LIE FOR ME by Karen Young is an exciting romantic thriller set in present day.It is a powerful story with complex emotions,passion,mystery,and suspense. It will take your breathe away at times. The characters are not only believable,engaging but also challenging and will capture your heart. This is the story of Lauren Holloway,a elementary school teacher and her fiance,Tucker Kane,an accused murderer/suspect of his ex-wife. When Tucker finds he needs an alibi for the next of his ex's ...more
Maria
Aug 24, 2011 Maria rated it liked it
Lie for Me fell a bit flat for me. The writing style didn't draw me in to keep me reading. I couldn't feel the romance between Lauren and Tucker at all.

The mystery storyline was pretty good. I suspected, but didn't totally figure out who the "bad guy" was before the end. There were some interesting twists and turns that kept me guessing. Although, I did feel the book was longer than it needed to be. I found myself hoping at times that it would hurry and end.

Since there are some redeeming qualiti
Peggy
Nov 14, 2014 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finised-books
Wow better then I thought it would be.
The things these two go through for each outher shows what Love really is.
She truly belived in him and he loved her so much.
All I can say is wow what A great Read this was I could night put it down.
Now the killer is who I thought it was at first but the story gives so meany twist and turns that it makes you wonder if you are rtight or not and I was right on the money with this one.
Valerie
Feb 12, 2012 Valerie rated it really liked it
Lie for me is a very enjoyable mystery. The plot is great, and her storytelling abilities are excellent. I especially appreciate the convincing and appealing portrayal of the relationships of the main characters. The relationship between Tucker and his fiance, and especially his daughter really drew me in. I really appreciated the character of a supportive and loving ex-father-in-law. Great read!
Mar 28, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Not bad, not great. Interesting plot development, though a little hard to believe that someone would A) think of and B) accomplish going to such great lengths to frame someone else for the murder. I was glad Lauren did take a stand and refuse to lie for love's sake; true love doesn't require the beloved to do wrong!
Claire
Dec 29, 2011 Claire rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, christian
This was my first book by Karen Young it won't be the last! How far would you go to protect a loved one you believed was innocent? And how long would you believe they were innocent in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary? Young explores these questions skillfully.
Jami
Aug 22, 2012 Jami rated it liked it
I give this one a 2.5. The suspense part was good, but it was fairly predictable. I also am not into the Christian based books, but she managed to do a good job of not making that part overwhelming, so for me, it did not detract from the overall story.
Patricia
Jan 01, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it
This is my first book by Karen Young!! From the very beginning, you can tell that this story is a faith based suspense. I really think Karen added just the right amount of Christianity along with the teeth clutching suspense!! I will be on the lookout for another book by this author!!
Gerri
Jul 29, 2012 Gerri rated it really liked it
Good story. Many times I was leaning toward one person as the killer, but then would change. It definitely kept you guessing and thinking why would you lie for this person. Enjoyed it.
Amy
May 06, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I just finished this book over the past weekend,and I had a hard time putting it down. I would recommend it for a murder plot story to read.
Elsie
Feb 17, 2016 Elsie added it
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2011
Chelsi
Chelsi rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
D.M. Hamlin
D.M. Hamlin rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Alison Simmons
Alison Simmons rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2011
Jackie Moen
Jackie Moen rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Karen Young is the author of thirty-four novels with more than ten million copies in print. Her many awards include the RITA from Romance Writers of America and both the Career Achievement and Reviewer’s Choice awards from Romantic Times magazine. She is a frequent public speaker and a teacher of the craft of writing. Currently, she resides in Houston, Texas.
More about Karen Young...