Start by marking “Heart of Ice” as Want to Read:
Heart of Ice

Heart of Ice (Triple Threat #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  771 ratings  ·  146 reviews

At first glance, the crimes appear random. Arson. Theft. Fraud. Murder. But these are more than random crimes. They re moves in an increasingly deadly game. And the one element they have in common: a woman who is gorgeous, clever . . . and lethal.

Elizabeth Avery has a
Published April 5th 2011 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Ice

Janina
This triple threat book follows the live of three women, a TV reporter, a federal prosecutor, and a FBI agent. The women have faced a lot of situations, but what they are dealing with with the cold blooded murder Elizabeth Avery. As Elizabeth leaves a trial of bodies, the women much piece together the clues in or to stop her.

I received this book from BookSneeze.com. I must say that I did not like this book. There was a lot of action in this, and I do love action, but the book was kind of boring.
Judy
I had a "Love-Hate" relationship with this book. It seems "Sissy" can twist people around her finger and make them do STUPID, unspeakable things.Some of these people are supposed to be intelligent.I have to admit, some were just misfits who could be taken in by just about anything. I am losing respect for Cassidy, the reporter. She is all about getting the story, and talks about murder victims as if they are just a dirty pile of laundry that you walk around. I find it hard to believe that her 2 ...more
Elii Vela
Después de leer "La mano del destino", tenía unas ganas tremendas de leer esta novela y saber cómo continuaba la historia de estas tres mujeres; y no negaré que el club de la Triple amenaza hacen un equipo estupendo, pero...

Cassidy cae por azar en la clase de entrenamiento de reclutas que dan en el gym al que acude, y la instructora, Elizabeth, de inmediato acapara su amistad. Siendo realistas era parasitismo y no amistad. Era una de esas amistades que hacen más mal que bien, pero que no puedes
Margaret Metz
This is the third book in the series, something I didn't know when I chose it. I think it would benefit readers to read the others in the series first - not for the story but so you can better "bond" with the characters.

Elizabeth is fascinating and very well written. I disliked her immensely, but I couldn't take my eyes off my Kindle when she was there. I wanted to see what she would do next.

The "triple threat" all did their jobs well and were pretty realistic. Their friendship didn't get in the
Jerry
A Quickie Review

I tell you, I've been in a Lis Wiehl craze lately. This is the third book I've read in the past two or three weeks that was written by her. Just like the previous Triple Threat books, this one is an enthralling and intense murder mystery; only this time, there's a femme fatale that seems like the girl next door.

Content Concerns: 17+

Though this may be published by Thomas Nelson, it probably would be too much for kids and most young teens. Along with people being shot and/or killed
Lisa Johnson
Title: Heart of Ice (Triple Threat Novel #3)
Author: Lis Wiehl with April Henry
Pages: 324
Year: 2010
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Cassidy Shaw has met a new friend and soon introduces her to her two other best friends, Nicole Hedges and Allison Pierce. Cassidy will do anything for a story for her job as crime reporter. Elizabeth Avery is Cassidy’s new friend and is a master manipulator. She cons Cassidy into buying her new clothes and lies fly out of her mouth as easily as air. Cassidy has no idea her n
Chad Stewart
This was a very enjoyable book. My Goodreads closed while I was writing my review, so I will keep it short this time. There were just a couple of things I did not like. 1: There was a hole in the story that would have changed the story. 2: There are some areas that were predictable. Other than these, I thought the book was very good, and I had a hard time not reading it. It did not have the language and romance that most of these books have. I was able to read it without feeling guilty about it.
Lou
Reseña completa en español

That was great! I liked the story, especially the character of Elizabeth. She is terribly evil, cold and manipulative. As the title of the book, she had a "Heart of ice". Also, I liked that the lives of the "Triple Threat" were normal and conform to the reality of many people. They are not only heroines against crime, but also human.
Ginger Price
Another great Triple Threat novel!

Another great Triple Threat novel!

This novel centers around Elizabeth -- an attractive, fit, self-absorbed female who manipulates others to get her way. Because she's in love with Ian, she thinks nothing of burning his ex-wife's house down, and then arranging for her murder. she easily manipulates Joey and later Clark Smith -- both who are in awe of her. Cassidy is taken by her and also Nicole who contracts Elizabeth to teach her daughter, Makala, how to swim...
Chesire Cat
Este libro lo encontré más o menos el año pasado, paseando por una librería en el Centro Histórico del D.F, me llamó la atención la portada y después de leer la sinopsis, quise comprarlo pero no lo hice. Fue más o menos un par de meses después que conseguí adquirirlo pero no lo empecé enseguida.

Cuando finalmente comencé a leerlo, descubrí que era el tercer libro de una saga y me puse a pensar que probablemente necesitaría leer los primero dos primero y que lo había comprado sin enterarme bien an
Aik Chien 인첸
Heart of Ice features a cold-blooded killer who could be your next-house neighbour, best friend, gym teacher, and swimming instructor anytime. Elizabeth Avery has good looks and the prefect body. She is the envy of all women. However, beneath her mask of perfection hides a scary monster - one that will do anything to get what she wants - including eliminating those who stand in her way. And once again, the Triple Threat Club members are in action to find out the mastermind behind a series of plo ...more
Mary
Heart of Ice is a book in a series from The Triple Threat Club involving three women; an FBI agent, an FBI prosecutor, and a TV reporter. They are best friends and at times work together and solve the worst of crimes.

In Heart of Ice, a series of gruesome murders becomes very personal. The reader follows this suspense mystery while sharing how good friends stick together during adversity.

The strength of the authors is character development. It would be advantageous if readers followed the series
Holly
Heart of Ice By: Lis Wiehl with April Henry

Synopsis

The Triple Threat Club novels follow three fiercely intelligent women-a TV reporter, a Federal prosecutor and an FBI agent-as they investigate crimes as current as today's headlines.
The Triple Threat women have faced intense situations before…but never such a cunningly cold-blooded murderer.
Elizabeth Avery is a stunningly beautiful woman. But her perfectly managed exterior hides the ice cold heart of a killer. She ingeniously manipulates everyo
Debbie
"Heart of Ice" is a suspense novel. Unlike the previous two novels in the series, there was no mystery in this one--you know who the killer is from the beginning. Actually, the first 84 pages read like a women's fiction novel because our three heroines focused most of their attention on their personal troubles (a recent miscarriage; loneliness; and possible breast cancer).

If you've read the previous novels in the series, then you'll probably care enough about the main characters that you'll be i
Wendi
Heart of Ice
By Lis Wiehl with April Henry
Published by Thomas Nelson

Elizabeth Avery has a Heart of Ice. All sociopaths do; and the scary thing is, they could be your coworker, your neighbor or your friend, and you’d never even know. Elizabeth is very good at “the game”, manipulating others to do anything she wants. Such is the case with Cassidy Shaw, Channel 4 crime reporter.

When Cassidy signs up for a fat burning boot camp at her local fitness center, she’s instantly in awe of the amazing instru
Leona Olson
Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl
Review of another Triple Threat Club book by Lis Wiehl with April Henry.

Three professional women in the book all have a personal story which captures the reader's heart and emotions.

Nicole Hedges is an FBI agent, Allison Pierce is a federal prosecutor and Cassidy Shaw is a TV crime reporter. The three met in college and one time shared a Triple Threat Chocolate Cake and so named themselves the Triple Threat Club.

The mystery is not who has done the crimes but makes you
Nicole (an FBI agent), Cassidy (a TV reporter), and Allison (a prosecutor) are best friends and a triple threat to crime. When the Want Ad Killer attacks several ladies in the area, the three are on the case. While they investigate the murders, they become unaware of a psychopath Elizabeth who has wormed her way into their lives, pretending to be a friend while orchestrating events to get what she wants. Will the three friends be able to discover Elizabeth's plan before another person dies?

My th
Raya Whitehouse
This is the third book in a series. I am not sure what really happened in those first books, but this book has enough info that you can get into the story.

Part of the book talks of Elizabeth who uses anyone she feels will suit her needs, and doesn't care what happens to them. She calls this "The Game". She meets up with Cassidy in a class she teaches and feels she will come in handy later, so she takes her for coffee and talks to her telling her fiction stories of herself that she knows will mak
Kari Anderson
From Goodreads:

At first glance, the crimes appear random. Arson. Theft. Fraud. Murder. But these are more than random crimes. They’re moves in an increasingly deadly game. And the one element they have in common: a woman who is gorgeous, clever . . . and lethal.

Elizabeth Avery has a winsome smile and flawless figure, but underneath is a heart of ice. She’s a master manipulator, convincing s
AvidReader47
Heart of Ice (Triple Threat #3) by Lis Wiehl and April Henry was such an awesome read that I’m sorry to see it end. The Triple Threat Club follows three intelligent women, Cassidy ~ Allison ~ Nicole (they reminded me of James Patterson’s Women Murder Club). TV Reporter, Cassidy meets up with beautiful Elizabeth Avery at her gym. Unbeknownst to her, Elizabeth is an ice cold killer. She plays “the game” and manipulates everyone around her, and a few of them she persuades to kill for her. Cassidy t ...more
Victor Gentile
Lis Wiehl with April Henry in their new book, "Heart Of Ice" Book Three in the Triple Threat series published by Thomas Nelson pits the Triple Threat ladies against a vicious, cunning lady serial killer.

From the inside jacket flap: Elizabeth Avery could easily be the girl next door. But what she has planned will make your blood run cold.

At first glance, the crimes appear random. Arson. Theft. Fraud. Murder. But these are more than random crimes. They're moves in an increasingly deadly game. And
Kena Kump
If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. It was just fantastic, so good I am referring it to friends. I also am going to read all the other books by Lis Wiehl, and happy I found a new author who peaks my interest. From start to finish, it is jam packed with suspense, thrills, and twists. It centers around a ruthles, cold-blooded killer, Elizabeth, who is one of the scariest and hearltess sociopaths I have ever found in a book. Scary part is, she's gorgeous, intelligent, and a master manipula ...more
Sid Frost
This is a story about three women, working in criminal investigative jobs in Portland, Oregon. Federal prosecutor Allison Pierce, FBI Agent Nicole Hedges, and television crime reporter Cassidy Shaw, long-time friends from school, team up to find a cold-hearted killer before more lives are lost. Time becomes more critical when the killer threatens to harm them and their loved ones.

This is the third book in a series called Triple Threat, named for the three main characters. In my opinion it is the
Renn Shearin
This past month I read a really intriguing book called Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl. The book is the third book in a series called The Triple Threat. In Heart of Ice the reader is immediately introduced to a pyschopathic killer who lives under the alias Elizabeth Avery. Elizabeth seems to the rest of the world to simply be a normal, fit and active woman who works and lives just like the rest of the world. She is, however, a manipulative person who uses other people to further her own goals. When El ...more
Tori
When I first read the summary of the book I didn’t think there would be much thrill since it clearly states who the sociopath killer is, but it still intrigued me. I was immediately proven wrong within the first few pages, as I could not put it down! It is chock full of mystery and thrilling suspense. The killer, Elizabeth, is your typical neighbor next door. She could be your bank teller, or a helpful nurse in a doctor’s office. A seemingly independent beautiful woman who seems to have everythi ...more
Norma
This was the third book in the series. I have not had the chance to read the first two. However, that didn’t preclude me from enjoying this one immensely. Each book is a separate entity which is nice because you don’t feel like you missed anything by not reading the others. I do plan on going back and reading the first two in the series. If the other two are as good as this one, then I know that I will be in for a wild ride.

The Triple Threat Club is a group of three women who have been drawn tog
Suzanne Barrett
Three successful professional friends and one beautiful but deadly antagonist who plays “the game” and believes the safest place to avoid getting caught is in plain sight combine to create a page-turning thriller in Lis Wiehl’s third Triple Threat novel, co-written with Portland, OR mystery writer April Henry.

Heart of Ice is about friendship and the three professional women, Federal Prosecutor Allison Pierce, FBI Special Agent Nicole Hedges and TV Crime Reporter Cassidy Shaw. Each of them, from
Cafelilybookreviews
Known for her fast pace storylines and attention-grabbing characters, Lis Wiehl adds yet another page-turning novel to her Triple Threat Series.

In Heart of Ice, readers meet Elizabeth Avery a calculated predator, who is also a master manipulator and uses anyone and everyone in her path to accomplish her sinister goals. Elizabeth covers her tracks well and is able to lure even the most unsuspecting victims into her web with her beauty and charm. No one is off limits to Elizabeth, not even innoce
Rebecca
Heart of Ice is the third book in the Triple Threat Series and unlike the other two this book is a thriller more than an actual mystery as this time you already know who the bad person is, you know their actions and you know their motives.
Still it’s very engaging and a really enjoyable read. The writing is fairly simple and straightforward so it’s quite easy to plough through pages at a time. Not to mention the pacing is just right so that you’re given snippets of what the bad guy is up to in ni
Kristy
Summary:
Cassidy, Allison, and Nic are three best friends whose lives revolve around solving crime. Cassidy is a crime reporter, Allison a Federal Prosecutor, and Nic an FBI Agent. Together they share the trials of solving crimes and share the same goal: to bring criminals to justice.

When a string of crimes start popping up in the area, from arson to murder, nothing seems to be connecting one to the other. However, when a co-worker becomes the victim of one of the murders, the three women dig dee
  • Closure (Jack Randall #1)
  • The Card Counter
  • Face of a Killer
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • Twisted Justice
  • King City
  • Kill Zone (Lucy Guardino FBI Thrillers, Book #3)
  • Purified
  • Silent Night (Rock Harbor #5.5)
  • No Cure For Murder
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Need You Now
  • Betrayed
  • Blood Dahlia - A Thriller (Sarah King Mysteries)
  • Collateral Damage (Matt Royal Mystery #6)
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • All the Blue-Eyed Angels (Erin Solomon Pentalogy, #1)
Lis Wiehl is the author "Face of Betrayal," a New York Times Best Seller.

She has also written "Winning Every Time: How to Use the Skills of a Lawyer in the Trials of Your Life" and "The 51% Minority: How Women Still Are Not Equal and What You Can Do About It."

In addition to her written work, Wiehl is currently a legal analyst for Fox News. She has been with the network since 2001.

A graduate of
More about Lis Wiehl...
Face of Betrayal (Triple Threat, #1) Waking Hours (East Salem, #1) Hand of Fate (Triple Threat, #2) Eyes of Justice (Triple Threat, #4) A Matter of Trust (Mia Quinn, #1)