Start by marking “Bus Station Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bus Station Mystery

Bus Station Mystery (The Boxcar Children #18)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,358 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A puzzle in relationships concerns two boys ejected from the bus station.
Published December 14th 2010 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 1974)

Caleb
Mar 13, 2014 Caleb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
their bus was late
Anna
Feb 28, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gardener/bus station owner/diner cook/chemist? Needs help from the environmental activist Alden kids who fall into the situation? And then their wealthy grandfather makes it all happen and the evil company immediately changes it's mind? YEP. ;)
Rivka Ray
One of my favorite childhood series. I read over a hundred of them. The first 50 or so were in order; after that I read whatever book I could get my hands on :)
Kiri Dawn
Started this book as a read aloud at breakfast and had it finished by naptime. The kids really enjoyed it but also found it a little slow in places.
Melissa Namba
Standard box car children. Grandfather letting a bunch of kids travel far away unsupervised. Getting involved in local issues. Characters are solid and the kids are like able.
Jazli Lopez
Mar 02, 2016 Jazli Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book. I think having a mystery to solve would be fun!
Y
Your typical Fern Gully type moral, shoehorned into a "mystery" plot. Honestly, not that bad, but I somehow doubt many young readers will find descriptions of civic meetings entertaining.
Misteroshell
*pages-114* this book is so awsome. it keeps you at the edge of your seat. but this author is known for all of these awsome mysteries. the kids in this book are trying to figure a mystery out that is envolving CANDY!!! yum yum yum!!! i would recomend this book/series to anyone who likes mysteries and games in the bak of there books.*Essence* >pages complete-636< hey mister oshell i made a mistake by chosing the worg book title the books actual title isthe candy factory mystery. special#18
Jon
Dec 08, 2015 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just bought the last two books to complete my collection of the original 19 Boxcar novels as written by GC Warner. It's always fun to step back in time, and this installment expounding on the perils of pollution is still relevant even now, almost four decades since it was written.

If you have children you would do well to introduce them to this series, the earlier the better.

Jennifer Chapman
Little boy and I just listened to this tale of mystery. The weaving of the environmental issues in the story was forced but a good introduction to the problems of today to a seven year old.
Stephen Mirarchi
Great book

this was a really great book to read!! it was very interesting and I didn't want to stop reading. Awesome read
!
Ashle Oaks
This story seemed really forced but I liked the inclusion of environmental issues. Other than that it just didn't grab my attention.
Elevetha
The Boxcar Children = most read series between the ages of 6 and 9 for me. I think of these fondly. Every child should read this series.
Willow
I'm working on entering all the books I've ever read. This book was one of them. I read this book a long time ago.
Maria Kiguthi
Jan 23, 2013 Maria Kiguthi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kids always enjoy listening to the Boxcar Children. I good story about pollution and being a good neighbor.
Meredith
Really quick read. There were s many unanswered questions, I just couldn't stop reading it.
Deanna
Jan 03, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: portia
My kindergarten daughter loves the Boxcar children and enjoyed this mystery very much.
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 Hazel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good series for the young reader.
Erin
Aug 19, 2013 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i like reading these books :)
Aug 21, 2009 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-War
Jennifer Newman
Jennifer Newman rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Ryan Family
Ryan Family rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Krista Jephson
Krista Jephson rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • Mystery of the Flying Express (Hardy Boys, #20)
  • Mandie and the Mysterious Bells (Mandie #10)
  • Annie Oakley: Young Markswoman
  • The Secret at Lone Tree Cottage (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #2)
  • Kidnapped by River Rats
  • Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)
  • The Haunted Attic (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #2)
  • Trouble At Wild River (Adventures of the Northwoods #5)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Happy Hollisters And The Trading Post Mystery (Happy Hollisters, #7)
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Five Little Peppers Midway (Five Little Peppers, #2)
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...

The Boxcar Children (1 - 10 of 143 books)
  • The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)
  • Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2)
  • The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3)
  • Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)
  • Mike's Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #5)
  • Blue Bay Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #6)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Lighthouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #8)
  • Mountain Top Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #9)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)

“A bus station dinner!” Benny exclaimed. “Count me in! I never miss a dinner.” 0 likes