Start by marking “Bus Station Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bus Station Mystery

Bus Station Mystery (The Boxcar Children #18)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,281 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A puzzle in relationships concerns two boys ejected from the bus station.
Published December 14th 2010 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 1974)

their bus was late
Rivka Ray [Rebecca ~ Silvan Elf  ~]
One of my favorite childhood series. I read over a hundred of them. The first 50 or so were in order; after that I read whatever book I could get my hands on :)
Kiri Dawn
Started this book as a read aloud at breakfast and had it finished by naptime. The kids really enjoyed it but also found it a little slow in places.
Your typical Fern Gully type moral, shoehorned into a "mystery" plot. Honestly, not that bad, but I somehow doubt many young readers will find descriptions of civic meetings entertaining.
*pages-114* this book is so awsome. it keeps you at the edge of your seat. but this author is known for all of these awsome mysteries. the kids in this book are trying to figure a mystery out that is envolving CANDY!!! yum yum yum!!! i would recomend this book/series to anyone who likes mysteries and games in the bak of there books.*Essence* >pages complete-636< hey mister oshell i made a mistake by chosing the worg book title the books actual title isthe candy factory mystery. special#18
Just bought the last two books to complete my collection of the original 19 Boxcar novels as written by GC Warner. It's always fun to step back in time, and this installment expounding on the perils of pollution is still relevant even now, almost four decades since it was written.

If you have children you would do well to introduce them to this series, the earlier the better.

Jennifer Chapman
Little boy and I just listened to this tale of mystery. The weaving of the environmental issues in the story was forced but a good introduction to the problems of today to a seven year old.
Stephen Mirarchi
Great book

this was a really great book to read!! it was very interesting and I didn't want to stop reading. Awesome read
Ashle Oaks
This story seemed really forced but I liked the inclusion of environmental issues. Other than that it just didn't grab my attention.
The Boxcar Children = most read series between the ages of 6 and 9 for me. I think of these fondly. Every child should read this series.
I'm working on entering all the books I've ever read. This book was one of them. I read this book a long time ago.
Maria Kiguthi
My kids always enjoy listening to the Boxcar Children. I good story about pollution and being a good neighbor.
Really quick read. There were s many unanswered questions, I just couldn't stop reading it.
My kindergarten daughter loves the Boxcar children and enjoyed this mystery very much.
A good series for the young reader.
i like reading these books :)
great when ur little
Shelves: juniorfiction
Warner, Gertrude C. PB
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
  • Mandie and the Mysterious Bells (Mandie Books, 10)
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • The Bobbsey Twins on Blueberry Island (Original Bobbsey Twins #10)
  • The Strange Message in the Parchment (Nancy Drew, #54)
  • The Clue of the Broken Blade (Hardy Boys, #21)
  • Five Little Peppers Midway (Five Little Peppers, #2)
  • Elsie's Endless Wait (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #1)
  • The Chimney Sweep's Ransom
  • The Haunted Attic (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #2)
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...

The Boxcar Children (1 - 10 of 137 books)
  • The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)
  • Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2)
  • The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3)
  • Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)
  • Mike's Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #5)
  • Blue Bay Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #6)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Lighthouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #8)
  • Mountain Top Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #9)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)

“A bus station dinner!” Benny exclaimed. “Count me in! I never miss a dinner.” 0 likes